「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 5, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #173,687 of 177,740
Looks like they're pushing AR pretty hard, waifu apps please. XD

Oooh new iPad Pro's run the displays at 120Hz, I wonder if the new iPhone will be picking that up too.

My iPhone 5s has a "slow mo" mode for it's video capture, and the screen is noticably smoother. Some say it records at 120 fps but not sure how much the screen runs at. Feels smoother than 60 hz refresh rate but could just be a placebo.

120 hz will be nice indeed. :3

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #173,688 of 177,740
Normally I just pop onto Line, but after doing my first pm in a while, I started getting nostalgic.

Anything new happening in the thread?

Jun 6, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #173,689 of 177,740
fcuk our lives... :frowning2:
^not cussing, I promise!

Yay finally my horribly busy week is over! And another one in 2 weeks... ugh... must... make use... and enjoy... mine... next... wee----k.
Off to work I go OTL
LOL, I typed head-fi in my browser and for some reason it went to this post! XD Ahhh those were the days. Isn't it crazy to think that was almost 5 years ago? :O

Looks like they're pushing AR pretty hard, waifu apps please. XD

Oooh new iPad Pro's run the displays at 120Hz, I wonder if the new iPhone will be picking that up too.
I'm kinda tempted to buy the new iPad once I get money from a job and stuff. I don't use my iPad 3 for much other than getting around sad panda but mainly because it's so slow so I'm not sure if I'd actually use it enough to justify $650 freedom bucks on it D:

Waifu apps would be really nice!

Normally I just pop onto Line, but after doing my first pm in a while, I started getting nostalgic.

Anything new happening in the thread?
Eyyy not much that I've seen but I only went through the last 2 pages or so. We need another Japan trip soon though! :)

---------------------------------------------

When your gf's family friend introduces you to weeb-ey tunes that turn out to be pretty decent:

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #173,690 of 177,740
Apple keynote time lads....wonder if there'll be any new hardware.
The upcoming iMac Pro looks awesome, both inside and out. Siri Speaker HomePod sounds very promising, with its 20 mm excursion woofer and 7 tweeters. Can't say the same with Siri itself though, most of the time it's completely useless. And wow, 512 GB storage and 120 Hz displays in the new iPad Pros! I wanna see iOS move at 120 fps.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #173,691 of 177,740
I'm kinda tempted to buy the new iPad once I get money from a job and stuff. I don't use my iPad 3 for much other than getting around sad panda but mainly because it's so slow so I'm not sure if I'd actually use it enough to justify $650 freedom bucks on it D:

Yeep super hard for me to justify as well (especially because I wont use the pencil), all I use it for is to play YouTube while I fall asleep. Ahhh nice to see technology move forward and trickle down though!

The upcoming iMac Pro looks awesome, both inside and out. Siri Speaker HomePod sounds very promising, with its 20 mm excursion woofer and 7 tweeters. Can't say the same with Siri itself though, most of the time it's completely useless. And wow, 512 GB storage and 120 Hz displays in the new iPad Pros! I wanna see iOS move at 120 fps.

Aahahah yeah all Siri is good for is setting timers right now. I'm really curious as to how the HomePods sound, I'm not expecting it to replace a home theater/audiophile setup but judging from the sound quality of the recent MacBooks it's probably not going to be tooo bad at all. I like the concept of the Amazon Echo Dot where you can just shove it into any existing setup, I wonder if Apple will release anything similar in the future.

Lots of promising things to look forward to. External GPUs yaaaay.

I think in the recent Surface keynote Microsoft was bragging about 21ms pencil lag, then Apple comes out with 20ms ahahahah (and it'll probably look and feel smoother at 120Hz).

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #173,692 of 177,740

"Game development is solving every hard problem in computer science 60 times a second" - some guy on the internet.

Now it's 120 times a second!

but can the human eye actually see beyond 60FPS?

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #173,693 of 177,740
Yeep super hard for me to justify as well (especially because I wont use the pencil), all I use it for is to play YouTube while I fall asleep. Ahhh nice to see technology move forward and trickle down though!

Aahahah yeah all Siri is good for is setting timers right now. I'm really curious as to how the HomePods sound, I'm not expecting it to replace a home theater/audiophile setup but judging from the sound quality of the recent MacBooks it's probably not going to be tooo bad at all. I like the concept of the Amazon Echo Dot where you can just shove it into any existing setup, I wonder if Apple will release anything similar in the future.

Lots of promising things to look forward to. External GPUs yaaaay.

I think in the recent Surface keynote Microsoft was bragging about 21ms pencil lag, then Apple comes out with 20ms ahahahah (and it'll probably look and feel smoother at 120Hz).
650 Freedom Bucks = at least 1000 Dollarydoos :tired_face:

Ever since Apple's iPod Hi-Fi I've been waiting to see an Apple-made speaker. I wonder if we'll ever see a unibody aluminum speaker.

"Game development is solving every hard problem in computer science 60 times a second" - some guy on the internet.

Now it's 120 times a second!

but can the human eye actually see beyond 60FPS?
The difference between 60 fps and 120 fps would probably be hard to quantify, but noticeable.

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #173,695 of 177,740
Capture.PNG

Any Hiroyuki Sawano's piece of art in Hi-Res is highly appreciated, if only I got enough money to buy both :frowning2:

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #173,696 of 177,740

Any Hiroyuki Sawano's piece of art in Hi-Res is highly appreciated, if only I got enough money to buy both :frowning2:
Or you could just listen tto the regular version because it sounds the same ♥

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #173,699 of 177,740
Speaking of high-res, apparently the iOS 11 beta supports FLAC natively. Glad to see them supporting a format that they originally shunned. No need to convert to ALAC anymore. Perhaps we'll finally get the long-rumored option to purchase 24/192 tracks from iTunes as well. Wishful thinking, I know.

Wooo, now I won't have to fumble around with foobar and installing the encoder executables.

Jun 6, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #173,700 of 177,740
Speaking of high-res, apparently the iOS 11 beta supports FLAC natively. Glad to see them supporting a format that they originally shunned. No need to convert to ALAC anymore. Perhaps we'll finally get the long-rumored option to purchase 24/192 tracks from iTunes as well. Wishful thinking, I know.
Nice! It's only been like 12 years since people have been asking for FLAC support. Rofl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back