「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 23, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #173,536 of 177,735
Contrast is not a bad thing, get on the hype train Axel, join the contrast rebellion.
Contrast is evil. That's why we added more of it in our recent graphical update.

My favorite ED of this season in HR (TrySail has never released HR before)

Just shut up and take my money already Sony!
I will absolutely buy a high-res version of this song. I was just singing it in my head before seeing your post, in fact.

May 23, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #173,537 of 177,735
All my DAC/Amp are battery powered so I assume that would mean they're floating?

EDIT: The cable above does have grounding but apparently it only works with German and French sockets. I don't live in Germany or France nor do I use the same type of sockets so I'm going to assume the grounding part doesn't work for me. I'll try buying a cable with a ground that works in my country and I'll see what happens from there. Thanks for the help! @vantt1 @deadlylover @kn19h7

Yup you're right on, battery powered = floatin'.

Grabbing the right cable should do the trick and just for safety's sake you should look into it soonish. I don't really trust consumer electronics these days...rightly or wrongly.

Not only do you need the right plug for the sockets, it's not uncommon to have sockets that aren't properly grounded too, especially in older homes and certain parts of the world. Lots of my equipment from Japan has grounding screw terminals on the back (ground at the wall sockets was a "relatively" new addition)...you'd have to manually wire it to something like a ground stake or a radiator in the home!

May 23, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #173,538 of 177,735
Contrast is not a bad thing, get on the hype train Axel, join the contrast rebellion.

Joined over 2 years ago, now I work exclusively in the standard 16 ANSI colors.
The popular Solarized pallet is some of the most putrid things I've ever seen... especially if I have to look at it for prolonged hours :/
No idea why so many people likes it...

oo3-solarized.jpg

but then again, I'm a weird guy who finds reading text on plain paper way harder than LCD screens and I almost always have my brightness set the the max in a well-lit room.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #173,539 of 177,735
All my DAC/Amp are battery powered so I assume that would mean they're floating?

Nope I meant that one. I have that exact cable.

So if that cable has grounding, I can assume the issue isn't due to grounding?

EDIT: The cable above does have grounding but apparently it only works with German and French sockets. I don't live in Germany or France nor do I use the same type of sockets so I'm going to assume the grounding part doesn't work for me. I'll try buying a cable with a ground that works in my country and I'll see what happens from there. Thanks for the help! @vantt1 @deadlylover @kn19h7
yup in France we have been fighting plug gender inequality for decades. on those plugs both sides have male and female parts.

May 24, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #173,541 of 177,735
Contrast is evil. That's why we added more of it in our recent graphical update.

I will absolutely buy a high-res version of this song. I was just singing it in my head before seeing your post, in fact.

Nice, you won't regret it

This single, in both AAC and Hi-Res version, became first in Mora's single ranking in a single day after its release for the AAC and 3rd for the Hi-Res format

Looks like this song, along with Eromanga Sensei, and Claris's Hitorigoto, is immensely popular right now.

I think I've replayed this song for about 30 times today

May 24, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #173,542 of 177,735
The popular Solarized pallet is some of the most putrid things I've ever seen... especially if I have to look at it for prolonged hours :/

oo3-solarized.jpg

but then again, I'm a weird guy who finds reading text on plain paper way harder than LCD screens and I almost always have my brightness set the the max in a well-lit room.

The dark one isn't too terrible for me. I use Obsidian, which I guess is similar? Although it still has a bit more contrast.

On the other hand, the light one is. Bleh.
The vanilla Obsidian scheme is garbage for HTML, though - I can admit that. How could they fu.ck that up while making other languages OK, I don't know.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #173,543 of 177,735
The dark one isn't too terrible for me. I use Obsidian, which I guess is similar? Although it still has a bit more contrast.

I use a color scheme called ron which is the default dark theme in vim (and exclusive to vim AFAIK).

Screenshot from 2017-05-25 04-39-53.png

May 26, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #173,548 of 177,735

oo3-solarized.jpg

Which one of these felons is you....?
upload_2017-5-26_15-10-41.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back