「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #172,982 of 177,742

I wouldn't have dropped the titan anime if they looked like that.  plus now it makes perfect sense why the area to cut on the neck needs to be perfectly targeted, it's because of the hairstyle!!!!

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #172,984 of 177,742
  If the new galaxy S8 had stereo speakers sort of like the iPhone 7, it would be close to perfect design wise in my books. Huge pressure on Apple for their next design.

For a media-centric phone it's a surprise that the S8 doesn't have stereo speakers.

Our legendary thread. 
tongue.gif

If the new galaxy S8 had stereo speakers sort of like the iPhone 7, it would be close to perfect design wise in my books. Huge pressure on Apple for their next design.

AAMML is legendary they said....

And what do people conspire about Claris anyway?

I agree, stereo speakers is a big plus, I can't put up with mono anymore

Well, it is the longest thread by page count here, I think.

Not much, I suppose.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #172,985 of 177,742

Fair enough, I totally agree. Plus as I remember right vinyl rips naturally tend to have higher dynamic range even if it comes from the same master as digital, am I remembering that right? 

That being said, man sometimes hearing some of those older mastered 70s songs and comparing them to modern rock, it's just so much more pleasing to my ears. Probably helps that I enjoy both though. 

Cheers, I'll look at that website and see if I can hear any difference! I'm always skeptical of those HD releases but maybe these will be different!

Unlike remastered hi res songs or 24bit 44.1khz from US UK. These songs are actually recorded and mastered at 24bit 96kHz, it will definitely be different 

Sweet! I... Just need to get around to downloading them and then putting them on my phone so I can listen to them XD

Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fair enough, I totally agree. Plus as I remember right vinyl rips naturally tend to have higher dynamic range even if it comes from the same master as digital, am I remembering that right? 

That being said, man sometimes hearing some of those older mastered 70s songs and comparing them to modern rock, it's just so much more pleasing to my ears. Probably helps that I enjoy both though. 

vinyl is a can of worms. there are differences in the mastering to try and account for all the potential problems. then we have all the actual problems. vinyls are proof that high fidelity and sounding nice don't need to go hand in hand.
now crap mastering on CD will sound like crap. that's what fidelity does.
frown.gif

Exactly! Plus you have the cartridge and preamp, and wear/tear on the record itself as extra parameters you need to account for. T_T

That being said, sometimes I do enjoy listening to vinyl more than CD, if just for the experience more than anything. Crappy CD masters be damned!

Originally Posted by PCheung /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw, songs performed by Lia (mostly Key's songs) are also well mastered IMO. Lia fans anyone?

Yes, I love LIA songs!!! Did you go to her concert a few months ago when she came to HK?!

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #172,986 of 177,742
My dad plans on getting an S8 soon, as well as a Gear VR.

Not really my concern, but I don't really see why. He uses his phone to make phone calls. That's it.

VR on phones aren't really...that great in my experience. They are fun at first, but...then it wears off fast. Even with future development, I don't see mobile VR getting anywhere soon enough to get a VR headset now. :p

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #172,988 of 177,742
  Sweet! I... Just need to get around to downloading them and then putting them on my phone so I can listen to them XD

If you use iPhone, you can get iAudiogate, it's a Hi Res music player that allows direct download from sites like e-onkyo, mora and ototoy

To get those music, you can buy them from said sites, but as they are quite expensive.....

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #172,989 of 177,742
Yes, I love LIA songs!!! Did you go to her concert a few months ago when she came to HK?!

Of cause I did! 
and I have this as [COLOR=222222]souvenir[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]

My only experience with White Album was this remix and I like it already:

It's one of those times that I want to watch an anime because of music from it. Yuru Yuri, Nyaruko-san, Working!!, Monogatari series, Railgun, Minami-ke! and Nagi no Asukara were others, to name a few.

Yes I think I got that part, it was more of an opinionated reply to both @castleofargh
's "fake objectivity oriented audiophile" and your "litmus test". Should've added "IMO" at the end. I also consider myself to be a "fauxdiophile".

You bet!

Wow, many remix songs. I always prefer the original version. :p

This CD may suit your taste?
http://active-planets.com/index.html

Contain remix ver of many theme song from August 

I am now :wink:

Great! :L3000:

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #172,992 of 177,742

WOW, what can I say? Instant buy in Hi Res format for me on this song. 

(VPN to japan if you want to listen to it)

utube says my country isn't worthy.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #172,993 of 177,742
I would put Windows 10 if it had driver for my Xonar D2X...

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #172,994 of 177,742
utube says my country isn't worthy.

Same... :frowning2:

------

https://petapixel.com/2017/04/08/5660-mac-pro-crushed-photoshop-test-1530-pc-amd-ryzen/

Using a high resolution smudge brush will be my benchmark. How many minutes will it take for the damn zigzag stroke to complete on my canvas? :p

Looking forward to future CPUs.

Getting enough power to run Photoshop for my workloads has always been hard as clock speeds are so important for what I use. Sadly I haven't noticed much improvement in terms of CPU power during the past few years as I work between different generations of CPUs. Hopefully this will finally change! \(^o^)/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back