「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 29, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #172,831 of 177,742
The recent #IamMajor has been hilarious.

Personal favourite:

XDDD

Source: https://twitter.com/Stanto/status/840599528269053952/photo/1

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #172,833 of 177,742
I mean we know that for different lossy compression types there's a certain bitrate where we can't tell the difference between lossless and lossy and that bitrates significantly below that can cause an audible difference in quality.

That was the entire lossless vs. MP3 320kbps/VBR 0 vs. MP3 128kbps thing that went on (and I guess AAC 256kbps or whatever the number was as an alternative to MP3 320/V0) where for blind tests people cannot hear the difference between MP3 320/V0 and lossless (FLAC or WAV or whatever). People who claim they can are working off small sample sizes that aren't sufficient in size to draw conclusions off of or aren't doing a proper blind test. Unless you have some kind of superhuman hearing you will probably not notice the difference between the two.

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #172,837 of 177,742
Hello All!  I just discovered this thread, and figured I'd start off by saying that this past year I've been listening to a LOT of japanese music and figured I'd share some with you all.

Here are some of my favorites:

* some of the stuff in parentheses following kanji words are the romanizations of those words/names

1. The Beginning by ONE OK ROCK on 人生×僕=  (I love this whole album really, and I'm listening to the CD while it type this 
    beyersmile.png
    )
  2. Clock Strikes by ONE OK ROCK on 人生×僕=
  3. R.Y.U.S.E.I. by 三代目 J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE on PLANET SEVEN
  4. 百回目のキス (Hyakukaime no Kiss) by Supercell on ZIGAEXPERIENTIA
  5. Mighty Long Fall by ONE OK ROCK on 35xxxv (Deluxe Edition)
  6. Liar by ONE OK ROCK on Niche シンドローム
  7. Last Dance by ONE OK ROCK on 35xxxv (Deluxe Edition)  (This is probably my most listened-to album the past year.  So good!!!)
  8. Lamb by GARNiDELiA on Linkage Ring
  9. X-encounter by 黒崎真音 on X-encounter
  10. Hitohira No Hanabira by Stereopony on A Hydrangea Blooms
  11. Passion by Utada Hikaru on Ultra Blue  (I got this album about a week ago, and recommend the lot of it.)
  12. 手をたたけ (Te wo tatake NICO edition) by NICO Touches the Walls on HUMANIA
  13. Ambiguous by GARNiDELiA on Linkage Ring
  14. Mr.現代Speaker by ONE OK ROCK on 残響リファレンス (Zankyo Reference)
  15. 拍手喝采歌合 (Hakushu Kassai Utaawase) by Supercell on  ZIGAEXPERIENTIA (especially around the one minute mark where it gets way faster-paced)
  16. Closer by Joe Inoue on Closer - EP
  17. My Friend  by SPYAIR on Rockin' the World
  18. SINGING(album mix) by SPYAIR on Rockin' the World
  19. Bright Future by 藍井エイル (Eir Aoi) on D'AZUR (I like a lot of her songs)
  20. Tokyo Bambi by The Pillows on Tokyo Bambi (this song sounds like the japanese version of ska music)
  21. Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation on Sol -fa
  22. じぶんROCK by ONE OK ROCK on Niche シンドローム
  23. Perfect Blue by Jazzin'park on Perfect Blue - EP
  24. Road of Resistance by BABYMETAL on BABYMETAL
  25. Overland Blues by Yoshida Brothers on Yoshida Brothers Best, Vol. Two
  26. Stay Together by SPYAIR on Rockin' the World [Bonus Disc]
  27. 新宝島 by サカナクション (Sakanaction) on 新宝島 - EP
  28. COLORS by Utada Hikaru on COLORS

As you can tell, I really like (and recommend) the band ONE OK ROCK.  I think I own all but one of their albums, though I'm a bit dissapointed by their most recent release (Ambitions).  I got to see them live on their north america tour in January and had a BLAST!  On a slightly different track, I'd recommend y'all have a listen to some stuff by a group called The Shanghai Restoration Project, especially the creatively titled album The Shanghai Restoration Project :).  There's also a very good instrumental version of this album.

biggrin.gif
 Last, here's some insufferably cheerful and (literally) upbeat songs:

1. 天地ガエシ by NICO Touches the Walls on 天地ガエシ
  2. Week End by 星野源 (Gen Hoshino) on YELLOW DANCER
  3. SUN  by 星野源 (Gen Hoshino) on YELLOW DANCER
  4. ローリンガール (Rollin' Girl) by Wowaka on Unhappy Refrain
  5. WE WISH (Starlight Mix) by Ayumi Hamasaki on Ayumi Hamasaki RMX WORKS from SUPER EUROBEAT presents ayu-ro mix 3
  6. R.Y.U.S.E.I. by 三代目 J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE on PLANET SEVEN
  7. Megitsune by BABYMETAL on BABYMETAL

Cheers!!

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #172,839 of 177,742
  Can't buy the NieR: Automata soundrack on the Australian iTunes.....thanks squeenix.

Hey, they don't want filthy gaijin money, they don't get filthy gaijin money.

Hello All!  I just discovered this thread, and figured I'd start off by saying that this past year I've been listening to a LOT of japanese music and figured I'd share some with you all.

* some of the stuff in parentheses following kanji words are the romanizations of those words/names

1. The Beginning by ONE OK ROCK on 人生×僕=  (I love this whole album really, and I'm listening to the CD while it type this 
    beyersmile.png
    )
  2. Clock Strikes by ONE OK ROCK on 人生×僕=
  3. R.Y.U.S.E.I. by 三代目 J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE on PLANET SEVEN
  4. 百回目のキス (Hyakukaime no Kiss) by Supercell on ZIGAEXPERIENTIA
  5. Mighty Long Fall by ONE OK ROCK on 35xxxv (Deluxe Edition)
  6. Liar by ONE OK ROCK on Niche シンドローム
  7. Last Dance by ONE OK ROCK on 35xxxv (Deluxe Edition)  (This is probably my most listened-to album the past year.  So good!!!)
  8. Lamb by GARNiDELiA on Linkage Ring
  9. X-encounter by 黒崎真音 on X-encounter
  10. Hitohira No Hanabira by Stereopony on A Hydrangea Blooms
  11. Passion by Utada Hikaru on Ultra Blue  (I got this album about a week ago, and recommend the lot of it.)
  12. 手をたたけ (Te wo tatake NICO edition) by NICO Touches the Walls on HUMANIA
  13. Ambiguous by GARNiDELiA on Linkage Ring
  14. Mr.現代Speaker by ONE OK ROCK on 残響リファレンス (Zankyo Reference)
  15. 拍手喝采歌合 (Hakushu Kassai Utaawase) by Supercell on  ZIGAEXPERIENTIA (especially around the one minute mark where it gets way faster-paced)
  16. Closer by Joe Inoue on Closer - EP
  17. My Friend  by SPYAIR on Rockin' the World
  18. SINGING(album mix) by SPYAIR on Rockin' the World
  19. Bright Future by 藍井エイル (Eir Aoi) on D'AZUR (I like a lot of her songs)
  20. Tokyo Bambi by The Pillows on Tokyo Bambi (this song sounds like the japanese version of ska music)
  21. Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation on Sol -fa
  22. じぶんROCK by ONE OK ROCK on Niche シンドローム
  23. Perfect Blue by Jazzin'park on Perfect Blue - EP
  24. Road of Resistance by BABYMETAL on BABYMETAL
  25. Overland Blues by Yoshida Brothers on Yoshida Brothers Best, Vol. Two
  26. Stay Together by SPYAIR on Rockin' the World [Bonus Disc]
  27. 新宝島 by サカナクション (Sakanaction) on 新宝島 - EP
  28. COLORS by Utada Hikaru on COLORS

As you can tell, I really like (and recommend) the band ONE OK ROCK.  I think I own all but one of their albums, though I'm a bit dissapointed by their most recent release (Ambitions).  I got to see them live on their north america tour in January and had a BLAST!  On a slightly different track, I'd recommend y'all have a listen to some stuff by a group called The Shanghai Restoration Project, especially the creatively titled album The Shanghai Restoration Project :).  There's also a very good instrumental version of this album.

biggrin.gif

1. 天地ガエシ by NICO Touches the Walls on 天地ガエシ
  2. Week End by 星野源 (Gen Hoshino) on YELLOW DANCER
  3. SUN  by 星野源 (Gen Hoshino) on YELLOW DANCER
  4. ローリンガール (Rollin' Girl) by Wowaka on Unhappy Refrain
  5. WE WISH (Starlight Mix) by Ayumi Hamasaki on Ayumi Hamasaki RMX WORKS from SUPER EUROBEAT presents ayu-ro mix 3
  6. R.Y.U.S.E.I. by 三代目 J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE on PLANET SEVEN
  7. Megitsune by BABYMETAL on BABYMETAL

Cheers!!

I have realized that Nightcore can be a way of circumventing a copyright takedown, even though it sounds terrible.

Rolling Girl may be upbeat but isn't it about schizophrenia or something?

I recently "discovered" this one (and by that I mean I was listening to 2PM's "Give it to Me" which reminded me of Crystal Kay's "ONE" which somehow led me to this song):

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #172,841 of 177,742
Mar 30, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #172,842 of 177,742
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rYlHy5PbWiA[/video]

\ ( > ~<)/

[Video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2cwAkoUkQI[/video]

o(^w^)b

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #172,843 of 177,742
>sleepy time, phone is at 30% or so and I decide to juice it up to 50% only for dat battery lifespan

>see a post on reddit from some dude asking about battery wear behaviour in a laptop, and all the other responses aren't helpful

>I think to myself, yeah I'll post quick and dirty reply taking no time at all, and by the time I'm done my phone will be at 50% and it's sleepy time no problemo bada boom

>1400 words later I think to myself....am I ****ed in the head or something chronicling my heart out about batteries, I call it quits and just submit the post

>I took so long that my phone is at 100% which is ironic because I was extolling the virtues on not letting a device charge to 100% for battery lifespan

Warm welcome to the new members, don't get me started on batteries.... 
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #172,844 of 177,742
Speaking of which, my 2 year old iphone is suddenly losing it's charge fast...50% battery is gone in a heartbeat. Just started happening this week. Perhaps I'm just delusional...

I need more time for  LL SIF!!! QAQ

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #172,845 of 177,742
  http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/28-1/pre-orders-for-life-sized-oreimo-ayase-aragaki-figure-begin

If you need something to ward off thieves.

I think thieves would want to steal that tho :| 

So they are doubling your insurance cost with a single ticket? Hidden cameras are illegal over in UK, it really should be illegal everywhere. Stops dangerous sudden braking.

Well, I don't know actually because according to some outdated websites, speeding camera tickets don't go on your driving record so I dunno if it actually raises rates or not. I sent in some paperwork though so hopefully I can get the ticket waived fully eventually.

And it wasn't hidden, there's a really generic sign saying "traffic laws photo enforced" or something so I thought it was a red light camera, not speeding cam :/ But yeah they really should be banned outright all around, they're stupid and ridiculous. 

>sleepy time, phone is at 30% or so and I decide to juice it up to 50% only for dat battery lifespan

>see a post on reddit from some dude asking about battery wear behaviour in a laptop, and all the other responses aren't helpful

>I think to myself, yeah I'll post quick and dirty reply taking no time at all, and by the time I'm done my phone will be at 50% and it's sleepy time no problemo bada boom

>1400 words later I think to myself....am I ****ed in the head or something chronicling my heart out about batteries, I call it quits and just submit the post

>I took so long that my phone is at 100% which is ironic because I was extolling the virtues on not letting a device charge to 100% for battery lifespan

Warm welcome to the new members, don't get me started on batteries.... 
tongue.gif

Lol, at the very least could we at least get a link to your post? 

Here's a battery question, is it better to leave your phone slow/trickle charging overnight or fast charging in the morning? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back