「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 28, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #172,816 of 177,742
Which anime are you guys looking forward to this coming season?

The new Bahamut anime (first one was pretty nice and the PV of this one ticks all the right boxes)
Sakura Quest (it is by the Shirobako people. nuff said)
Uchouten Kazoku 2 (first one was nice, more Kaisei pls)
and more Little Witch Academia.

Four promising shows is more than enough for me.

Can anyone recommend, anime with similarities to Rick and Morty?

I think the closest you will get is (the fantastic) Space Dandy. Quite a few similarities imo.
Love both show to bits ♥

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #172,817 of 177,742

Ugh, light is evil for sleep! I remember NLNH and I went to Japan and the curtains only covered 2/3 of the sliding glass window so we both got up at 5:30 after being up until midnight or later T_T That's when I went to Daiso and bought a blindfold for $1. That's the best freaking dollar I've ever spent. :D
I'd argue while it wouldn't land you a job, being able to sleep a lot and be rested might help you maintain your performance at a job during tough times, there's that perhaps?

Haha if I see another one and don't have the money for it, sure! Though in fairness shipping was $33 and by the time I put the donor headband on, it's a $150 lambda which is within range of my other lambda set with the SRD-7 and a janky cable I got for $200 locally. 

As I and other people have said, sometimes driving under (or even at the speed limit) can be more dangerous than speeding if the rest of traffic is going fast because people will make reckless decisions to get around you in a hurry and mess themselves up. I've been in areas where every car is going 10MPH over except one or two and they were more of a harm to the general area than everyone else speeding. But hey, going slow is better on gas mileage so that's a plus! 
I just called my insurance agent and at the very least I'd pay an extra ~$700 in insurance premium increases so I'm gonna go fight it in court and try to get it deferred or wiped completely since it's my first ticket.

Ouch, I'd imagine the announcer thing probably comes on more than you'd ever like if it's anything like any of the public transit I've ever been on :/
And lack of sleep is no good! I'm one to talk but getting more sleep really isn't that hard and feels much better! 

Haha as above, if you want the $67->150 lambdas I can let you know if I see another set XD

No place to put new headphones (*cough* I mean earspeakers, sorry. :wink: ) so I'll probably not buy anything rightnow, but if I can get something functioning, then maybe I'll give it a go!

Yeah...driving at the speed limit on highways is indeed the one time when it's safer to go over, but still, I try to stay under whenever I can. There are no warnings for these cameras where I live now so they can be anywhere. I often see flashes on the high way and I'm like the only one who didn't break the speed limit when I check. XD

Sometimes I feel like people are just idiots though, it's night time and we are in a blizzard/lightening storm, and people sometimes still drive above 110 mph. Da heck what's the rush???!!! QAQ

Haha well let's see! It looks like the SR-207 I bought in Japan doesn't fit the old lambda without a little tweaking and the 207 doesn't work after a few minutes. Buuuut I can't complain! Wouldn't even do me any good if I did anyway though lol. 

Here on I-5 going through Seattle, the minimum speed for the left half of the lanes is 70mph some times where the actual speed limit is 60. Some people I talk to find it crazy, but yeah cops don't even care unless you're going like 90-something XD

And that might be a good reason to try using Waze since I think they show you where a lot of the speed cameras are. 

People are of course idiots, as usual XD I love how here in the Seattle area it rains 1/2 of the days if not more.... And yet people still accelerate too fast when it's raining, especially going uphill, all the freaking time! How do they not remember how to drive in the rain!?!? Buuuut that's why I try and stay off the road if there's any weather that's crazier than some rain. 

Originally Posted by U-3C /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes I feel like people are just idiots though, it's night time and we are in a blizzard/lightening storm, and people sometimes still drive above 110 mph. Da heck what's the rush???!!! QAQ

In Cantonese we have a phrase that means "rushing to die", commonly used when you curse out at someone who's speeding, so there's that.

Lmao I should start using that phrase. :p That looks like it's in HK, right? 

Freaking crazy drivers, man... 

Finally installed h264ify on Chrome so my poor old thinkpad stopped trying to fly to the moon when decoding VP9 video on YouTube. Ahhh finally silent fan when playing 1440p video.

Ooh cheers! I'll install that and try seeing if it helps my battery life as well!~

RGB makes me angry, I don't want to install bloatware just to turn it off.

I need one of those 3x5.25" drive bay to 120mm fan mounts, near impossible to find locally. Hmmmm might have to build one out of cardboard or plastic then.

Duct Tape.

and yeah, flashy lights are annoying.

Electrical tape works better IMO at not leaving as much residue behind and still being dark.

Actually, this is one thing I found from he-who-must-not-be-named who frequented our thread a while back: http://www.lightdims.com/
I remember ordering, waiting a month and not getting anything so I sent them an email and complained I didn't get anything yet. The original ones showed up a few days later and they ended up sending me like 4 sets for the price of one XD

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #172,821 of 177,742
  fact :One piece is the best manga there is
prove me wrong, protip : you can't

WsQwPhW.png

I kid. "Best" is subjective, obviously.
 In all seriousness...

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #172,822 of 177,742
  The new Bahamut anime (first one was pretty nice and the PV of this one ticks all the right boxes)
Sakura Quest (it is by the Shirobako people. nuff said)
Uchouten Kazoku 2 (first one was nice, more Kaisei pls)
and more Little Witch Academia.

Four promising shows is more than enough for me.

Except Uchouten which I haven't started yet, others all +1, especially Little Witch Academia.

But no.1 hype for me is Saenai Kanojo :D

Also have hope for Fukumenkei Noise, Re:Creators, Sakurada Reset, and that Dungeon spinoff.

Oh and final episode of ToX....

damn Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is eating into my regular airing show watching time recently poi

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #172,825 of 177,742
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lmao I should start using that phrase. :p That looks like it's in HK, right? 

Freaking crazy drivers, man... 

Yeah, it's HK.

Just upgraded to Windows 10. Sticky corners is pretty nifty. It makes it a whole lot easier to close and snap windows right on the border of two monitors.

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #172,827 of 177,742
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/28-1/pre-orders-for-life-sized-oreimo-ayase-aragaki-figure-begin

If you need something to ward off thieves.

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #172,828 of 177,742
Those of you that are playing Final Fantasy XIV in North America. Be prepared for the servers to go down, up to 48 hours in May 2017. For EU and Japan Servers. They will be down for up to 24 hours in the same month. The servers will be relocated for better services and future expansions.

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #172,830 of 177,742

Ugh, light is evil for sleep! I remember NLNH and I went to Japan and the curtains only covered 2/3 of the sliding glass window so we both got up at 5:30 after being up until midnight or later T_T That's when I went to Daiso and bought a blindfold for $1. That's the best freaking dollar I've ever spent. :D
I'd argue while it wouldn't land you a job, being able to sleep a lot and be rested might help you maintain your performance at a job during tough times, there's that perhaps?

Haha if I see another one and don't have the money for it, sure! Though in fairness shipping was $33 and by the time I put the donor headband on, it's a $150 lambda which is within range of my other lambda set with the SRD-7 and a janky cable I got for $200 locally. 

As I and other people have said, sometimes driving under (or even at the speed limit) can be more dangerous than speeding if the rest of traffic is going fast because people will make reckless decisions to get around you in a hurry and mess themselves up. I've been in areas where every car is going 10MPH over except one or two and they were more of a harm to the general area than everyone else speeding. But hey, going slow is better on gas mileage so that's a plus! 
I just called my insurance agent and at the very least I'd pay an extra ~$700 in insurance premium increases so I'm gonna go fight it in court and try to get it deferred or wiped completely since it's my first ticket.

Ouch, I'd imagine the announcer thing probably comes on more than you'd ever like if it's anything like any of the public transit I've ever been on :/
And lack of sleep is no good! I'm one to talk but getting more sleep really isn't that hard and feels much better! 

Haha as above, if you want the $67->150 lambdas I can let you know if I see another set XD

No place to put new headphones (*cough* I mean earspeakers, sorry. :wink: ) so I'll probably not buy anything rightnow, but if I can get something functioning, then maybe I'll give it a go!

Yeah...driving at the speed limit on highways is indeed the one time when it's safer to go over, but still, I try to stay under whenever I can. There are no warnings for these cameras where I live now so they can be anywhere. I often see flashes on the high way and I'm like the only one who didn't break the speed limit when I check. XD

Haha well let's see! It looks like the SR-207 I bought in Japan doesn't fit the old lambda without a little tweaking and the 207 doesn't work after a few minutes. Buuuut I can't complain! Wouldn't even do me any good if I did anyway though lol. 

Here on I-5 going through Seattle, the minimum speed for the left half of the lanes is 70mph some times where the actual speed limit is 60. Some people I talk to find it crazy, but yeah cops don't even care unless you're going like 90-something XD

And that might be a good reason to try using Waze since I think they show you where a lot of the speed cameras are. 

People are of course idiots, as usual XD I love how here in the Seattle area it rains 1/2 of the days if not more.... And yet people still accelerate too fast when it's raining, especially going uphill, all the freaking time! How do they not remember how to drive in the rain!?!? Buuuut that's why I try and stay off the road if there's any weather that's crazier than some rain.

So they are doubling your insurance cost with a single ticket? Hidden cameras are illegal over in UK, it really should be illegal everywhere. Stops dangerous sudden braking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back