「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 6, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #172,606 of 177,742
Me finishing ep8 of Kuzu no Honkai

6330_mio.jpg

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #172,609 of 177,742

* the part about no brickwall filter seen on the spectrogram. I'm really not good at that, and maybe the spectrogram settings aren't the default ones? but my interpretation of the spectrogram(akiroz's graph), would be that there is a pretty solid filter applied at what I guess is 24khz. what goes above might be some instrument added to the mix that was recorded at higher sample rate?  or some digital make believe VST to extend stuff that still had reasonably high energy at 20khz with fitting ultrasonic noise to make the record "high res".  but again, I could be totally wrong as I have very little experience with looking at songs that way(I should but when it comes to songs, I just listen
evil_smiley.gif
).

Spectrogram settings are 0-48kHz log scale FFT size = 8192. There's definitely a filter in the highs but it's of much lower order than what you usually see in CD recordings.... either that or as you've said: all the ultrasound is just added in post.
frown.gif

Either way, I don't hear a difference on my rig after volume matching the HD and CD tracks and AB-ing for a while.

my thoughts exactly xD

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #172,614 of 177,742
Hoooooly Sheikah

Don't care what you guys thought of season 1, but I thought it was freaking badass.

as for almost everything else, I've been spoiled by the manga, so the scenario's cliffhangers wallhangers are wasted on me and all I see are giant babies running everywhere( ok just for that it was worth watching a few episodes of the anime
tongue.gif
).
but from the start I'm kind of pissed at the maneuver gear thing. on the walls ok, you go up and down and left and right, but in town... buildings are like 2 or 3 stories and they show Captain Tsubasa kind of aerial moves. it's like the second most important element of the series and it's crap. I know I shouldn't care about technicalities, like where do the guys get the matter to turn? but SF and anime should promote creativity instead of bad logic(unless it's for comedy). also go explaining how they have almost no technology, but somehow they have that in such a practical form factor. and compressed gas cans? seriously? there is no evidence that they have toilet paper, but it's ok to have gas cans.
I have but one rule for any fantasy world and technical stuff: say it's magic, tech from aliens, or from the future, or do it right!!!!!!
now TBH I'm hard on this because it had so much potential, not because it's a bad story.

ps: I would definitely watch a reboot with raving rabbids instead of titans.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #172,616 of 177,742

me after watching 'kuzu no honkai'

..and 'kokoro ga sakebitagatterunda'

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #172,617 of 177,742
as for almost everything else, I've been spoiled by the manga, so the scenario's cliffhangers wallhangers are wasted on me and all I see are giant babies running everywhere( ok just for that it was worth watching a few episodes of the anime:p ).
but from the start I'm kind of pissed at the maneuver gear thing. on the walls ok, you go up and down and left and right, but in town... buildings are like 2 or 3 stories and they show Captain Tsubasa kind of aerial moves. it's like the second most important element of the series and it's crap. I know I shouldn't care about technicalities, like where do the guys get the matter to turn? but SF and anime should promote creativity instead of bad logic(unless it's for comedy). also go explaining how they have almost no technology, but somehow they have that in such a practical form factor. and compressed gas cans? seriously? there is no evidence that they have toilet paper, but it's ok to have gas cans.
I have but one rule for any fantasy world and technical stuff: say it's magic, tech from aliens, or from the future, or do it right!!!!!!
now TBH I'm hard on this because it had so much potential, not because it's a bad story.

ps: I would definitely watch a reboot with raving rabbids instead of titans.

Spiderman doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I still like it for the most part. : p

^ future Attack on Titan characters lol

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #172,618 of 177,742
Spiderman doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I still like it for the most part. : p

^ future Attack on Titan characters lol

angel densetsu, the kind of stuff I usually would hate, bad drawings, the all story based on one running gag about his face. yet I still remember it after all those years. (maybe I shouldn't brag about wanting to see good drawings while I use Saitama as profile picture
deadhorse.gif
)

spiderman moves are ok in NY. elsewhere he would be more like =>  http://imgur.com/gallery/yJ4as7m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back