「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 5, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #172,591 of 177,742
Wat...my speeds don't feel this fast. lol
6105676043.png

Well test #2; that's more like it.
6105686823.png

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #172,593 of 177,742
http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/1/14778316/nintendo-switch-cartridge-taste-test-dont-lick-it
To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatonium
is the most bitter chemical compound known

Time to play:
The Legend of Zelda: Taste of the Wild

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #172,595 of 177,742
  Are those different m@sters (heh heh)? Would be nice, since apparently it's high-res. If so, on Nyaa when?

Top CD, Bottom HD

Higher DR but I honestly don't hear a huge difference....
ofc, my laptop's built-in DAC doesn't support 24/96 so both are decoded as 16/44.1 (for those who believe in 24/96)

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #172,596 of 177,742
Top CD, Bottom HD

Higher DR but I honestly don't hear a huge difference....
ofc, my laptop's built-in DAC doesn't support 24/96 so both are decoded as 16/44.1 (for those who believe in 24/96)

Noob here. Is the extra blue stuff by any chance... Just ultrasonic noise? 0~0

I'll be banned for sure if I continue. Maybe castle can clarify that? :/

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #172,597 of 177,742

This is an amplitude-time graph, you can't see anything freq-related here.

It shows that the HD rem@ater has a higher dynamic range (ratio between average and max loudness).
wink.gif

Although I'm really not sure if this is a rem@ster at all, could just be what the song looks like before they fed it through the final super-fast look-ahead limiter to crush all the DR.....

EDIT:
Here's the 24/96 spectrogram, there ARE actually quite a bit of ultrasound (the stuff above 20000 Hz):

Great thing is that it rarely reaches 48kHz so there's no brick-wall filtering here, the CD version is just chopped right off at 22kHz.
The high frequency peaks at >40kHz are actually crash symbols :)

Mar 6, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #172,601 of 177,742
Quote:

what akiroz said(except *), it's the actual waves of the music, just visually crushed to fit a few minutes on the screen. so you see if there is a lot of dynamic within the song, but also you can see how often the signal goes to high five the digital 0db value(1 and -1 on this graph). if it happens a lot you can guess some A-hole clipped the album or ruined the dynamic just to make it a little bit louder.

* the part about no brickwall filter seen on the spectrogram. I'm really not good at that, and maybe the spectrogram settings aren't the default ones? but my interpretation of the spectrogram(akiroz's graph), would be that there is a pretty solid filter applied at what I guess is 24khz. what goes above might be some instrument added to the mix that was recorded at higher sample rate?  or some digital make believe VST to extend stuff that still had reasonably high energy at 20khz with fitting ultrasonic noise to make the record "high res".  but again, I could be totally wrong as I have very little experience with looking at songs that way(I should but when it comes to songs, I just listen
evil_smiley.gif
).

how I typically would react:

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #172,603 of 177,742
Mar 6, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #172,605 of 177,742
  what akiroz said(except *), it's the actual waves of the music, just visually crushed to fit a few minutes on the screen. so you see if there is a lot of dynamic within the song, but also you can see how often the signal goes to high five the digital 0db value(1 and -1 on this graph). if it happens a lot you can guess some A-hole clipped the album or ruined the dynamic just to make it a little bit louder.

* the part about no brickwall filter seen on the spectrogram. I'm really not good at that, and maybe the spectrogram settings aren't the default ones? but my interpretation of the spectrogram(akiroz's graph), would be that there is a pretty solid filter applied at what I guess is 24khz. what goes above might be some instrument added to the mix that was recorded at higher sample rate?  or some digital make believe VST to extend stuff that still had reasonably high energy at 20khz with fitting ultrasonic noise to make the record "high res".  but again, I could be totally wrong as I have very little experience with looking at songs that way(I should but when it comes to songs, I just listen
evil_smiley.gif
).

how I typically would react:

(y) + XD

I always thought there was an idol group for every person and interest.

:3

Lol you're not alone! :/

Better than here at UW lol. 

No more gigabit for me :frowning2:

o(^_^)b + (>;~:wink:> + o(0_0:wink:o

Gosh, I'm liking Kuzu no Honkai so much this season.

but it HURTS SO MUCH to watch!

2gX2Z3N.gif

Here is the full ED with acoustic intro
https://my.mixtape.moe/ishybw.mp3

❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Back