「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 10, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #172,276 of 177,742
42C right now, hooray for solar power and air conditioning. (I still feel sorry for the AC units though, I think they're rated to 42 or 46C before significantly losing capacity)

Gonna be 44C (111F) tomorrow, that's what I cook my steaks to.

Ryzen potential leaked prices are out, it's around $500 for the high end 8C/16T one. Rumors are out that Intel are still going to use 14nm for their next generation consumer chips.

Sheesh that's rough, I always forget about you silly southern hemisphere folks having summer when it should be winter. XD

By contrast, it's been below 0C for most of the state here and all the major roads going over the mountains are shut down. :S

Gonna try cooking some steaks out in the sun tomorrow then? :p

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #172,277 of 177,742
42C right now, hooray for solar power and air conditioning. (I still feel sorry for the AC units though, I think they're rated to 42 or 46C before significantly losing capacity)

(snip)

It's 46.8 on the front porch, which faces the afternoon sun... considerably cooler in the back.

Not looking forward to tomorrow......    
angry_face.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #172,278 of 177,742

yeah.... It's still a huge thing almost 10 years later now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal

so many relatives of my family and of friend of my family went crazy trying to ask us (people living in the West) to send them the stuff from the West, because they are really scared to death about hurting their own babies. People tried to hard to get as much as they can back for their baby nieces and nephews can be able to feed on milk safely.

Of course, some took advantage of it and made a profit or even added onto the scam. The fear that people had at the time, especially when they see their newborn sick and have no idea why, or when they don't it's what the babies have been drinking and don't know where to find safe food for them...

frown.gif

My family is still worried about it to this day. It happened once and was revealed, but who knows what other stuff may be unknown?

Some smartphone parts suppliers have asked me about it too, whether I'm interested in selling baby formula to them. I said no, of course.

It doesn't stop there; gutter oil, eggs, rice, "lamb meat", tapioca, you name it.

Quote:

Ryzen potential leaked prices are out, it's around $500 for the high end 8C/16T one. Rumors are out that Intel are still going to use 14nm for their next generation consumer chips.

Apparently the power might go out today because everyone will have their AC on. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #172,279 of 177,742
  Ryzen prices look quite disgusting if true.

14nm unsurprising. 10nm yields are still trash and they just started tooling one fab for 7nm lithography.

but the high-end intel 8C16T is about $1k....

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #172,280 of 177,742
Lol, fair enough. 

Oooh that's awesome! Did the Nintendo store have any limited edition stuff there? And dayum, for some reason I didn't think the One World Trade Center was the tallest building in the whole hemisphere! :O

How cold was it? It's been pretty freaking cold here, probably worse than last year. We got a lot of snow today and classes were actually cancelled down south here. XD

Lolz, were the fiio folks speaking Mandarin or the attendees? And that sounds awesome! Who did a video interview and where can we watch it? :p

Dang, that's how you know you're really famous is when random people start saying you are! :D

Wow, that X5 really does look pretty! Aaaand I assume you like it more than the original X5 that you didn't really like eh? 

Dang, that sounds like a lot of exploring and walking around. Bet it felt good to sit on the airplane after all the walking. :p

Oh wut the, I thought I replied to this.

They did have limited edition figurines, but they were upwards of $400 I think. They have a mini-museum of their consoles, including the Virtual Boy, so that was fun to peruse through. I'll post some pics on Saturday when I get some time to go through them.

It was like 28-35˚ F there on Saturday. It got warmer throughout the next two days from 32-40˚ F. I heard it snowed a ton on Monday though in Seattle, which is crazy. I got an e-mail from my optometrist's office saying they were closed for the day and I was like wat.

The FiiO folks were mostly speaking Mandarin and some broken English. I don't quite remember who the interview was for. XD

And yup, I like the X5 iii much more than the original in terms of sound.

I was there with @RERO and both of us aske if the [COLOR=FF0000]RED X5 [/COLOR]demo units are for sale. Too bad they couldn't because the screen had some issue and I'll have to wait for 2 months. That thing just look too darn sexy :D

Yeah the screen died in the middle of Saturday and we don't know what happened. >.>

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #172,281 of 177,742
what's with all the talks about outside temperatures? it's the manga/anime topic, hikikomori unite!... while staying in your room.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #172,286 of 177,742

16641047_10154556592653220_9020566703540672072_n.png

LOL this looks trappy
and u have to cool it for the best taste... no way

"Ocean vanilla" ice cream? 

The backlight was flickering in this old 15" LCD monitor, then died soon later. $5 CCFL to LED backlight conversion kit to the rescue!

IXT15iv.jpg

p77UDgG.jpg

Take the old tubes and inverter out (I cut the old inverter's wires expecting to solder them)

a57r4OH.jpg

Put the new LED strips and board in

ZzTJ5J8.jpg

WWpBx8U.jpg

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #172,287 of 177,742
"Ocean vanilla" ice cream? 
[rule]

The backlight was flickering in this old 15" LCD monitor, then died soon later. $5 CCFL to LED backlight conversion kit to the rescue!

IXT15iv.jpg

p77UDgG.jpg

Take the old tubes and inverter out (I cut the old inverter's wires expecting to solder them)

a57r4OH.jpg

Put the new LED strips and board in

ZzTJ5J8.jpg

WWpBx8U.jpg

:0

Feb 11, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #172,290 of 177,742

16641047_10154556592653220_9020566703540672072_n.png

LOL this looks trappy
and u have to cool it for the best taste... no way

Duuuude, I wanna try that! :D

Lol, fair enough. 

Oooh that's awesome! Did the Nintendo store have any limited edition stuff there? And dayum, for some reason I didn't think the One World Trade Center was the tallest building in the whole hemisphere! :O

How cold was it? It's been pretty freaking cold here, probably worse than last year. We got a lot of snow today and classes were actually cancelled down south here. XD

Lolz, were the fiio folks speaking Mandarin or the attendees? And that sounds awesome! Who did a video interview and where can we watch it? :p

Dang, that's how you know you're really famous is when random people start saying you are!
biggrin.gif

Wow, that X5 really does look pretty! Aaaand I assume you like it more than the original X5 that you didn't really like eh? 

Dang, that sounds like a lot of exploring and walking around. Bet it felt good to sit on the airplane after all the walking. :p

Oh wut the, I thought I replied to this.

They did have limited edition figurines, but they were upwards of $400 I think. They have a mini-museum of their consoles, including the Virtual Boy, so that was fun to peruse through. I'll post some pics on Saturday when I get some time to go through them.

It was like 28-35˚ F there on Saturday. It got warmer throughout the next two days from 32-40˚ F. I heard it snowed a ton on Monday though in Seattle, which is crazy. I got an e-mail from my optometrist's office saying they were closed for the day and I was like wat.

The FiiO folks were mostly speaking Mandarin and some broken English. I don't quite remember who the interview was for. XD

And yup, I like the X5 iii much more than the original in terms of sound.

Oh well, no worries :D

Dang, that's pretty ridiculous, too bad they didn't have LE stuff you could actually afford lol, like the Pokemon store in the Tokyo NRT airport having squished pennies for like $1 or something that were exclusive to that store. XD

Oh dayum, that must be a lot colder than what you've been getting down in Cali eh?
And yeah Sunday night/Monday day it snowed a LOT in the area lol. UW Tacoma was cancelled on Monday and most schools all throughout the sound were closed Monday, Tuesday and maybe even Wednesday? It was fun driving around on the snow and screwing around especially when most drivers here don't know anything about driving on snow/ice XD. And of course the road to get home was closed until Friday (today) because it goes over the mountain near Seattle. Orz.

Lol so it was pretty necessary that you spoke Mandarin as well then DX Lol oh well as long as it worked out smoothly in the long run! 

Good to hear you weren't shilling a product you didn't actually like. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back