「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 6, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #169,741 of 177,742

How are the K501? Haven't really heard about them recently so I'm curious about people's long term impressions.

I've owned these since 2001. I love them and will never sell them. They have no bass, they drop off a cliff at like 100hz so what you do hear is upper harmonics of the bass that should be there, your ear kinda fills in the rest for you, a psychoacoustic phenomena. What this does do though, is leaves rooms for wonderful mids, smooth highs and a pretty decent soundstage. THis is probably another effect where your mind has no bass to concern itself with so the attention is free for the rest of the frequencies.

They require an open mind but they are far and away the least fatiguing headphone I've ever owned. Technically flawed but they have their place in my lineup.

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #169,742 of 177,742

What's wrong with being a sociopath? I'm a sociopath and I'm happy people don't throw me in jail every other day.

o(^_^)o

kinda sucks actually...

saying things like "aww... I feel so sorry for you man..." when I don't feel anything is pretty awkward.

apologizing is really hard when you don't feel sorry.

I usually have to stay quiet around people because I'd probably act like an arse if I don't.
When I do have to talk, I usually rehearse it a few times in my head before saying it.

I got expelled from school quite a few times back when I was a kid and had much less self-control...

so yeah, psychopathy is pretty bad... and while I'm at it, dyslexia sucks too, I still can't read/write my first language after all these years.

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #169,743 of 177,742

kinda sucks actually...

I accept you borisu. Even if you're an empty shell.

3305nia.gif

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #169,744 of 177,742

kinda sucks actually...

saying things like "aww... I feel so sorry for you man..." when I don't feel anything is pretty awkward.

apologizing is really hard when you don't feel sorry.

I usually have to stay quiet around people because I'd probably act like an arse if I don't.
When I do have to talk, I usually rehearse it a few times in my head before saying it.

I got expelled from school quite a few times back when I was a kid and had much less self-control...

so yeah, psychopathy is pretty bad... and while I'm at it, dyslexia sucks too, I still can't read/write my first language after all these years.

One of my instructors works as a writer and illustrator and writes stories all day even though he has dyslexia and needs to revise his drafts around 5 times each to make sure it's legible, before sending it to the editor. Not easy, but hey, he's doing pretty well.

I have ADHD. I draw and paint for about 8 hours a day. A lot of swearing, but that's okay. Kinda got all the people who give fake sympathy out of my life. Everybody around me now are going through challenging (but interesting) times of their lives so every time we just go out to eat and complain and share random knowledge. Apologizing for something kinda distances oneself from another person. Just acknowledge that the person is going through hard times, maybe try to relate with something you personally have gone through, so they know you are acknowledging it and are trying.

Then punch each other in the solar plexus and fall to the floor in pain and suffer miserably together~

o(^_^)b

--------------------

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #169,745 of 177,742
http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/nvidia_adds_telemetry_to_latest_drivers_heres_how_to_disable_it.html

Not just crash reports eh?

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #169,746 of 177,742

I think it's nice to have one so once your battery goes to ***** you can replace it yourself instead of having it sent in. It would save me a whole lot of trouble with this stupid Nexus 6P for example...

Eyy he's back!~

If there's one thing about LG's products and accessories that's for sure though, it's that they'll drop in price quickly though. I remember like 8 months after the G Flex 2 came out it could be had for $200 when it originally retailed for like, what, $650? so IMO just wait to get the V20 until the price drops. I think the V10 is already about $200 after a year or so?

It... It's not like I came here because of you guys! I just so happen an interesting topic to reply to! B... Baka!

Unfortunately V10 is still around $350~$400. But considering it's more of a premium line of phone, I'm not that surprised. But then the HTC 10 is now around $550 of which was released like 3 months ago from $700 iinm. So I can't really predict how long V20 will drop in price.
Well anyway, If I had the money, I'd definitely get the V20 because of the advanced hardware and also software it has. But too bad I don't have the money and my budget atm is the Redmi Note 3 Pro OTL

Okaeri!~ :D

Lol have one sent over from HK or the US then, I've seen them here secondhand for right around HK$1500 which is like $200 Freedom Bux.
That is the nice thing about super budget phones, they hold their value much better than non-Apple flagships. Though I'd be lying if I said resale value wasn't one reason I wanted an iPhone...

I think it's nice to have one so once your battery goes to ***** you can replace it yourself instead of having it sent in. It would save me a whole lot of trouble with this stupid Nexus 6P for example...

Eyy he's back!~

If there's one thing about LG's products and accessories that's for sure though, it's that they'll drop in price quickly though. I remember like 8 months after the G Flex 2 came out it could be had for $200 when it originally retailed for like, what, $650? so IMO just wait to get the V20 until the price drops. I think the V10 is already about $200 after a year or so?

6P construction is just plain bad. Using woodworking joints to secure plastic and metal together...Chinese ingenuity at its best (it's really hard to call yourself proud of your home country sometimes and China honestly feels like among the hardest).

LOL they literally did that? Somehow doesn't surprise me... And tbh I find it kind of funny that the longer I'm in Hong Kong the more it's drilled in my brain to dislike/straight up hate China.

I don't know anymoooreee aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Googl Pixel looks cool tbh, but I don't think I really want to spend so much on phones. Guess I'll just chinese.

But people still watch Hibike cuz they need dramas to watch.
Also eff u rapt, ep 5 was glorious.

Pixel isn't bad at all. Just overpriced really. But hey, 2 years update (What GOOGLE) and iphone-like smoothness. 

But of course S.Korea wins Overwatch World Cup @Blizzcon. Russia didn't even have a chance. 4 v 0 of Bo7. This match is tbh boring af.

Might be iphone-like smoothness for like 5 days but once you start loading it up with apps and those apps get cached and fragmented, welp good luck getting that smoothness again without wiping. Not to say iOS doesn't suffer from the same problem but I believe it at least lasts a little longer before needing to be wiped.

I bought a LG V20 today. Came with free 10" tablet. Can confirm if you drop it battery will probably pop out. I don't drop my phones so I'm ok with it.
vhz2fq.jpg

Man, that photo absolutely looks like it's potato quality though. :S

HDR+ mode on my 6P still rocks, that's like the one positive thing I'll give my phone. 

dW1vouR.jpg

This tray thing will reduce the sodium in your schiitty instant ramen by 50% if you use half the seasoning.
Genius.

LOL. The question becomes, is there any sodium in the noodles though? If so this claim is totally false then. XD
And who the heck doesn't just use cup noodles or, I dunno, any microwaveable water container you can boil water in and then just cook your ramen in that? 

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #169,747 of 177,742

Lol have one sent over from HK or the US then, I've seen them here secondhand for right around HK$1500 which is like $200 Freedom Bux.
That is the nice thing about super budget phones, they hold their value much better than non-Apple flagships. Though I'd be lying if I said resale value wasn't one reason I wanted an iPhone...

Might be iphone-like smoothness for like 5 days but once you start loading it up with apps and those apps get cached and fragmented, welp good luck getting that smoothness again without wiping. Not to say iOS doesn't suffer from the same problem but I believe it at least lasts a little longer before needing to be wiped.

Well importing can be a major pain when requesting for RMA, considering this is LG with their problematic bootloop problem (not sure if that problem exist on the V10 though). 

Very true. Can't wait for someone to give a review of "6 months after" using the phone.

Friggin bad day today. 
> Tried to install CM14.1 on my M8
> Initial setup asks for google account
> no prob
> sends 2FA code via SMS
> What.mp3
> reinstall previous ROM
> try to reset 2FA code
> still not receiving any codes from SMS
> request for recovery
> google sends SMS notifying reset
> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh i'm so done with google's 2FA. "Security" be damned.

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #169,748 of 177,742

Well importing can be a major pain when requesting for RMA, considering this is LG with their problematic bootloop problem (not sure if that problem exist on the V10 though). 

Very true. Can't wait for someone to give a review of "6 months after" using the phone.

Friggin bad day today. 
> no prob
> sends 2FA code via SMS
> What.mp3
> reinstall previous ROM
> try to reset 2FA code
> request for recovery
> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Man, Ain't I learning that one the hard way sort of. Getting my 6P replaced by Google has been a royal pain in the arse for m.

I know for pretty much every Android phone I've ever used save for my first one I was ready to throw it at a wall after using it for 6 months because it became so slooooooow.

Isn't that why Google allows you to generate backup codes AND make calls?

Oh and in case anyone's interested in my 12 month review of the 6P:
- Android 7.0 Nougat seemed to send my battery life into FUBAR territory where I went from getting 2.5-3 hours of SoT to a max of 2 hours now.
- The phone gets hot enough to fry an egg on after 5 minutes thanks to the Poopdragon 810. The heat has caused my fingerprint reader to start saying it's "unavailable" when I try and use it. 
- Mine looks like it's been through a war zone with all the scratches it has even though I've like, dropped it a couple feet onto carpet twice, and put it on the night stand at night to charge. 

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #169,749 of 177,742
  Man, Ain't I learning that one the hard way sort of. Getting my 6P replaced by Google has been a royal pain in the arse for m.

I know for pretty much every Android phone I've ever used save for my first one I was ready to throw it at a wall after using it for 6 months because it became so slooooooow.

Well I'm still using my M8 and it's pretty smooth. of course it'll stutter sometimes, but not bad actually.

Well my fault for the backup codes really. Didn't back that one up cause doesn't seem safe for me to just copy adn paste it in a file. But now I have LastPass, I'll save it. Considering I flash my phone a few times, totally forgot the ability to use the Authenticator (partly blamed on Google cause I don't even knew it was an option).

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #169,750 of 177,742

Well I'm still using my M8 and it's pretty smooth. of course it'll stutter sometimes, but not bad actually.

Well my fault for the backup codes really. Didn't back that one up cause doesn't seem safe for me to just copy adn paste it in a file. But now I have LastPass, I'll save it. Considering I flash my phone a few times, totally forgot the ability to use the Authenticator (partly blamed on Google cause I don't even knew it was an option).

Just put 'em on your password protected PC lol, I literally just always leave it open in a tab on Notepad++ and synced with my Dropbox. :p

And honestly I don't use Authenticator either. Laspass is really nice though especially now that it's free!

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #169,751 of 177,742
  Just put 'em on your password protected PC lol, I literally just always leave it open in a tab on Notepad++ and synced with my Dropbox. :p

And honestly I don't use Authenticator either. Laspass is really nice though especially now that it's free!

Yeah gonna do that soon. As soon as google gives me the keys to my account again, whenever that is.

Free with ads though. Not sure implemented yet, but the hint is already there.

Nov 6, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #169,753 of 177,742

Man, that photo absolutely looks like it's potato quality though. :S

HDR+ mode on my 6P still rocks, that's like the one positive thing I'll give my phone. 

I'm a potato photographer though don't hold it all against the phone I just took a pic while at my desk in low light.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #169,755 of 177,742

Friggin bad day today. 

> no prob

> sends 2FA code via SMS
> What.mp3

> reinstall previous ROM
> try to reset 2FA code

> request for recovery

Ugh. I think the warranty process needs to change.
I need to RMA an reasonably large appliance and am procrastinating contacting the company because I know I will have to argue with them about shipping.

I don't understand how it's legal to sell people faulty products and then as insult to injury make them pay to send it back.

In lieu of bowei
giphy.gif

New abandon thread gif... ooooo.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back