「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 4, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #168,722 of 177,742
  I think I need to buy a daki before RMAF and give it to Axel so he has a waifu to keep him warm at night.

Any SFW suggestions?

a4c.jpg

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #168,724 of 177,742
So I was reading the MAL forums again because I'm a masochist and this guy posted the entire history of anime in a long post and I thought you all might find it amusing. This might be some reddit copy or something I dunno, I don't reddit.

Anonymous -

As everyone knows, anime began in 2007 with the first anime and Hiroyuiki Imaishi's magnum opus: Lucky Star. Lucky Star's success ushered in a wave of amazing anime, corrupting children's minds with images of little girls eating chocolate cornets.
     To end this corrupting influence and save the future, Barack Obama created an anime to end all anime... School Days. School Days was so bad that people had to stuff chocolate cornets in their eyes and blind themselves. However, School Days became one of the greatest anime of all time and was beloved by pretty much everyone.
    So then why did anime crash in 2008, you may be asking? Well, the worse was yet to come, an anime so bad that it would shake the steadfastness of the anime community, split them into different factions and eternally make them wage war with devastating insults such as "pleb" and "your waifu is ****". Of course, I fear that you already know of the anime of which I speak, Tomohiko Itou and Nagao Takena's devil child of hatred, 'Chi's Sweet Home'.
     In 2008, this seemingly innocent take on the harem genre managed to eternally divide the anime community and is a constant question of debate. Some believe that the script was written by Hiroyuiki Imaishi for the destruction of the chocolate cornet-shaped monstrosity that he had created, while others believe that Barack Obama had some part in funding it. Despite all this, the anime community loved Chi's Sweet Home because they are morons.
     So, you may be asking, if School Days and even Chi's Sweet Home could not put an end to the schiit-smelling lunatic-filled runaway train that we like to nickname "anime", what could? Well, on September 12th 2008, one day after the commemoration of 9/11, the second great tragedy of this Millennium occurred: Cory in the House ended. It was truly devastating to millions, nay, billions of people around the globe. They held funeral services for Cory. They marched to the White House and asked Barack for their anime back. But it could not be. Cory was laid in the cold ground, never to be "in the House" again.

See you space cory...

Riviting stuff here. We've come a long way but still have not reached the heights of anime gone-by.
xmlhttp-loader.gif

BBCode

​

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #168,725 of 177,742
  So I was reading the MAL forums again because I'm a masochist and this guy posted the entire history of anime in a long post and I thought you all might find it amusing. This might be some reddit copy or something I dunno, I don't reddit.

Anonymous -

As everyone knows, anime began in 2007 with the first anime and Hiroyuiki Imaishi's magnum opus: Lucky Star. Lucky Star's success ushered in a wave of amazing anime, corrupting children's minds with images of little girls eating chocolate cornets.
     To end this corrupting influence and save the future, Barack Obama created an anime to end all anime... School Days. School Days was so bad that people had to stuff chocolate cornets in their eyes and blind themselves. However, School Days became one of the greatest anime of all time and was beloved by pretty much everyone.
    So then why did anime crash in 2008, you may be asking? Well, the worse was yet to come, an anime so bad that it would shake the steadfastness of the anime community, split them into different factions and eternally make them wage war with devastating insults such as "pleb" and "your waifu is ****". Of course, I fear that you already know of the anime of which I speak, Tomohiko Itou and Nagao Takena's devil child of hatred, 'Chi's Sweet Home'.
     In 2008, this seemingly innocent take on the harem genre managed to eternally divide the anime community and is a constant question of debate. Some believe that the script was written by Hiroyuiki Imaishi for the destruction of the chocolate cornet-shaped monstrosity that he had created, while others believe that Barack Obama had some part in funding it. Despite all this, the anime community loved Chi's Sweet Home because they are morons.
     So, you may be asking, if School Days and even Chi's Sweet Home could not put an end to the schiit-smelling lunatic-filled runaway train that we like to nickname "anime", what could? Well, on September 12th 2008, one day after the commemoration of 9/11, the second great tragedy of this Millennium occurred: Cory in the House ended. It was truly devastating to millions, nay, billions of people around the globe. They held funeral services for Cory. They marched to the White House and asked Barack for their anime back. But it could not be. Cory was laid in the cold ground, never to be "in the House" again.

See you space cory...

Riviting stuff here. We've come a long way but still have not reached the heights of anime gone-by.
xmlhttp-loader.gif

BBCode

​

Sounds like something a bot would write after going through every thread in that forum. An AI emerging from this cesspool, crippled and insane....

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #168,729 of 177,742

School days was the best, I started watching anime again after a long hiatus mainly because of School days. I probably have the soundtrack somewhere in my laptop and ...

....I believe it was Barack Obama who save us! 

ahaha. My brother and I have a handful of amusing anime references we make on a relatively consistent basis. "Meet me on the roof" (from the final episode of School Days) is one of them.

This is actually a very well-composed track:

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #168,730 of 177,742
Oct 4, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #168,731 of 177,742

Just remembered that I came across these posts of yours awhile ago. lol

No. I want Music_Alchemist to be the AAMML gift moderator. He's a big wheel at the money factory. ABYSS' for all!

No. You will get your ABYSS and YOU WILL LIKE IT. HE HAS READ NUMEROUS REVIEWS DAMMIT

Last year I lived in one of the handful of towns with Abyss dealers and got to hear it. Liked my STAX more overall.

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #168,733 of 177,742
Oct 4, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #168,735 of 177,742

My brother and I have a handful of amusing anime references we make on a relatively consistent basis. "Meet me on the roof" (from the final episode of School Days) is one of them.

This is actually a very well-composed track:

Your avatar for what I remember is one of the turks (FFVII) 
My nick was once Squall but then a couple of guys trying to figure out the meaning ended up with the following phrase in spanish: "S Quall Kier Cosa - es cualquier cosa" translated to "it could be anything" 
I tried unsuccessfully to show School days to my girlfriend at the time but I didn't want to give her ideas in case we break up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back