「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 28, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #147,376 of 177,735
  Anyone here use a Macbook pro retina? Or a surface pro 3? Looking at both of them for school work 

All I can say is I like my rMBP, and can't see myself being content with a Surface Pro 3.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #147,377 of 177,735
According to my little brother my MBP committed software suicide or something like that. It's went from Bootcamp acting up and then the entire computer not working.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #147,378 of 177,735
All I can say is I like my rMBP, and can't see myself being content with a Surface Pro 3.

I don't like the touch screen...even with Metro UI in 8.1, the interface is so clunky and cumbersome to use for doing anything really useful.

According to my little brother my MBP committed software suicide or something like that. It's went from Bootcamp acting up and then the entire computer not working.

Mine works fine when running not even an officially released version of Windows (Windows 10)! : p
I've never had any problems with Bootcamp per se. I got adware on W8.1 last time, so that's why I just decided to wipe that partition and install W10 instead.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #147,380 of 177,735
Stop working for Earsonic. :p

LOL. Did Dmitri ever get that Velvet tour underway? I'm sort of interested in it due to the 3 way switch thingamajig. 

@Tom - Checkin out Hyouka since you mentioned it. Made it to three eps and it's... kinda super duper slow man. Does this thing pick up and become anything bigger or is the club just going to solve these "mysteries" til the final ep? 

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #147,381 of 177,735
  Rescue Apple disk to the rescue

I don't like the touch screen...even with Metro UI in 8.1, the interface is so clunky and cumbersome to use for doing anything really useful.
Mine works fine when running not even an officially released version of Windows (Windows 10)! : p
I've never had any problems with Bootcamp per se. I got adware on W8.1 last time, so that's why I just decided to wipe that partition and install W10 instead.

I know in my mind my little bro did something, I don't know what but something. It doesn't even get past the white screen anymore.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #147,382 of 177,735
They solve mysteries all throughout Hyouka and they have a cooking episode somewhere in the middle of the series. Was pretty good series but if you aren't digging it could justifiably drop it.

------
Just watching House of Cards along with playing kancolle at the same time and behind on quite a bit of anime now. Just 3 episodes left and taking an anime break. Just watched Death Parade now just got rolling girls, dura, yuri kuma and unsure if I want to continue aldnoah, ass class, tokyo ghoul, saekano. Might just wait for season to finish and marathon shows though that is pretty unlikely.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 1, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #147,383 of 177,735
  They solve mysteries all throughout Hyouka and they have a cooking episode somewhere in the middle of the series. Was pretty good series but if you aren't digging it could justifiably drop it.

------
Just watching House of Cards along with playing kancolle at the same time and behind on quite a bit of anime now. Just 3 episodes left and taking an anime break. Just watched Death Parade now just got rolling girls, dura, yuri kuma and unsure if I want to continue aldnoah, ass class, tokyo ghoul, saekano. Might just wait for season to finish and marathon shows though that is pretty unlikely.

Best gif from that episode lol

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #147,384 of 177,735
Rescue Apple disk to the rescue

I accidentally deleted the recovery disk when wiping my hard drive actually. >.>
Good thing Apple has the Internet recovery feature.
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4718
Newer Macs include the ability to start up directly from an Internet-based version OS X Recovery. Your Mac automatically uses this feature when the Recovery System on the startup drive isn't available. For example, if your startup drive encounters an issue, or if your startup drive has been replaced or erased. Internet Recovery lets you start your Mac directly from Apple's servers.

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #147,385 of 177,735
I accidentally deleted the recovery disk when wiping my hard drive actually. >.>

Yep, I used that as well 
tongue.gif

Aldnoah Zero
Castle security, princess locaation logistics/hiding ARE ALL schiit.

What

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #147,386 of 177,735
Quote:

The Mac at my work did that, but it was because I shrunk the Mac partition within Windows. Not a very wise move.

I had Windows 8.1 on my old Sony Vaio Duo 11, and that was horrible, even with a hardware keyboard and active stylus.

Yep, I used that as well 
tongue.gif

Same 
biggrin.gif

xN8ef3F.jpg

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #147,388 of 177,735
  Just finished Reading

Tasogare Amnesia

Not bad, now I want to see the ending in the anime version. I heard it was a lot better 
biggrin.gif

Thankfully I have a CR membership for this! WOOT

Heard the same thing about the anime ending being better than the manga. I liked the manga, the ending I didn't particularly like or hate but was more neutral about it. I'm half way through the anime, I should just go and find where it goes anime original route to save myself the trouble.

-----
New cross ange episode soon~

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 1, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #147,389 of 177,735
  The SM64 is perfect for Rock and really good for Electro etc ^o^

I would really like to try the SM64 someday

Kancolle 08

Bad animation quality strikes again

I didn't catch it until I rewatch the scene a few times lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back