「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #134,296 of 177,742
  Sources state

$5,000 to $12,000 a year

With the median HH being $22,000 a year. 

With the afordability percent very close to the USAs if a student attends a standard public university. 

Noting that every country has a high range for Universities and it is generally the ultra high range of universities in the USA that get the majority of news and comments about their costs. 

Geez, that's expensive, so most students go out of Japan to study?

Plus it depends on your homeland's currency.
Coming from SEA like me, we must pay a fortune to study in Japan.
Even all of these audio thingy costs like real lot, for example the price of Fiio E6 could cover a month's allowance money.

Germany's pretty good for me. ~740€ a year

I understand your point, Yen has a low value if you think, but when converted, things get expensive. :frowning2:

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #134,297 of 177,742

I understand your point, Yen has a low value if you think, but when converted, things get expensive. :frowning2:

Actually no.

Japan has the highest rate of students staying inside the country. 

South Korea, PRC/ROC have much higher rates. 

Japan has an idea of staying inside the country. Not as high emigration or student visas as opposed to the others. 

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #134,299 of 177,742
  Is there an English name for it though? Lol, this was less than 24 hours after a Chinese friend was telling me how "us Americans never do pork skin right", that it should be crispy and such. After eating this, dayum I gotta agree with him.

Also, do notice the sauce in the upper left corner :wink:

The official English name is Char siu.
The crispy stuff is something else.

@GL1TCH3D

Y U HAVE TO LIKE ClariS on Facebook?

This brings back feels of remembering that they broke up! 
mad.gif

They broke up? D:
Guess college had to take them apart? or what was the reason?
ClariS was glorious

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......
One of the wires on my K240 Monitor just broke at the solder joint on the driver. I don't have any what looks like 28 AWG wire to replace it either. : (

So sad...

Strip the tip of the white wire and resolder it on instead of replacing it completely.

My cousin studied in Canada and in the USA afterwards because both options were cheaper than studying in Japan.
She is a Japanese citizen/resident by the way.
But of course not everyone has the means to study abroad because tuition is one thing but there's also the general cost of living, rent, etc.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #134,300 of 177,742
college lololol

They are in high school. They are 2nd or 3rd years in High School right now.

The hit song Irony was recorded when they were in middle school.

Alice left citing academics as a reason.

Crunch time is coming up obviously.it is smart for her to not bet a volatile future in the industry and finish her education before she resumes!

I'm so sad about it but I agree with her decision.

They are sooooooo glorious though! Even if they don't write or do anything but sing.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #134,301 of 177,742
Actually no.

Japan has the highest rate of students staying inside the country. 

South Korea, PRC/ROC have much higher rates. 

Japan has an idea of staying inside the country. Not as high emigration or student visas as opposed to the others. 

Which explains the crazy influx of PRC students in Singapore

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #134,302 of 177,742
  I've noticed we have lots of Mio around here, i guess some of you are watching too much K-On :p

You can never had too much K-On

college lololol

Crunch time is coming up obviously.it is smart for her to not bet a volatile future in the industry and finish her education before she resumes!

They are sooooooo glorious though! Even if they don't write or do anything but sing.

The day they announced that ClariS was no more.... I just didn't feel like doing anything after that. In fact I think I just pissed around till closing time that day.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #134,303 of 177,742
college lololol

Get your lololol outta my face!
The only reason you need to study for 2nd/3rd year in high school IS for college duh! lol

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #134,304 of 177,742
is time crisis playable on a console? i feel like i remember playing on my friend's playstation

Yes. TC1 on PSX, 2 and 3 on PS2 and 4 on PS3.
Although 1 to 3 require a CRT TV, or at least the lightguns do. The one on PS3 is using a different technology, similar to Wiimote.

oiii I wish it was made for the Xbox One :frowning2: TC5 will probably be for the PS4 and I don't want to buy it

I've noticed we have lots of Mio around here, i guess some of you are watching too much K-On :p

I'm pretty sure we could start a Mio fanclub thread and we could get competitive post numbers versus this thread XD

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #134,306 of 177,742

Is there an English name for it though? Lol, this was less than 24 hours after a Chinese friend was telling me how "us Americans never do pork skin right", that it should be crispy and such. After eating this, dayum I gotta agree with him.

Also, do notice the sauce in the upper left corner :wink:

The official English name is Char siu.
The crispy stuff is something else.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......

One of the wires on my K240 Monitor just broke at the solder joint on the driver. I don't have any what looks like 28 AWG wire to replace it either. : (
So sad...

Strip the tip of the white wire and resolder it on instead of replacing it completely.

RE: Wire
I could do that, but if you look further down the wire, part of it is exposed as if someone tried to cut the wire. Parts of the wires within the wire are compromised, which is probably why the left channel cut out occasionally when listening to music.

RE: cha siu
According to Uwajimaya, it's just "roast pork." Earlier I said it was probably "roasted pork belly," but I guess pork belly is more often used in Taiwanese cuisine than Cantonese.

^ Don't mind my terribad ISO 9001 photos there

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #134,307 of 177,742
RE: Wire
I could do that, but if you look further down the wire, part of it is exposed as if someone tried to cut the wire. Parts of the wires within the wire are compromised, which is probably why the left channel cut out occasionally when listening to music.

RE: cha siu
According to Uwajimaya, it's just "roast pork." Earlier I said it was probably "roasted pork belly," but I guess pork belly is more often used in Taiwanese cuisine than Cantonese.

^ Don't mind my terribad ISO 9001 photos there

Oh my, I completely missed that spot.
You could probably measure the resistance between red/yellow joint and driver solder joint vs the blue/white and the broken tip. If the difference isn't big, or if at various bent angles the white wire doesn't display overload resistance then it's probably still usable. Electric tape the gash.
Otherwise if you have any ethernet cable that is unused and can be cannibalised they often use 26AWG if memory serves me right. 26AWG is what we often find in our audio toys.

Ah, this thing isn't char sui yeah. 
I thought it was weird actually, when Tracey posted that since you were the one that told me the English name of cha shao is char siu lol. Weren't you two together?!
Those stuff are delicious. Oh so good.

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #134,308 of 177,742
Huh, that's pretty interesting. Free season 2 wasn't as good as season 1 to me. Ironically enough, Free! got a lower rating than Free! Eternal Summer according to users on MAL. I don't even remember half of Eternal Summer...

From my unscientific research. If you surf through the first 2-300 anime listed on MALs all-time list (http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php ) you will notice that damn near 100% of the time the sequal gets a higher score than the first season. In my personal experience, season 2 of a series is rarely better than the first season.

My belief is that the people watching season 2 liked season 1, and those that didn't like or hated season 1, never even try season 2. This creates a situation where a presumably large chunk of the low-score giving voters will not give a score to season 2. Basically MAL has a weighting issue. It's not their fault, but it shows a fairly large flaw in trusting their scores 100%

As to the graphs the Panda posted, most of those last minute rises and falls are most probably entirely attributable to people like me that refrain from scoring a series until it has been completed. People that can give a rating (beyond sucks, worth watching, good) to an unfinished anything, be it movies, music, art, etc..... are not to be trusted.

... and Miceblue, here's your chance to replace the wires in the K240s with $50/ft silver core wires! I hope you can get them repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back