「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 18, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #134,101 of 177,742
Ye called?
There's still tax though. 5% from NCIX I believe (no provincial taxes which would make it a total of 13~15%!)

Would still be cheaper than the retail pricing.

But for me, I guess importing it from Japan is my only option

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #134,103 of 177,742
Would still be cheaper than the retail pricing.

But for me, I guess importing it from Japan is my only option

Well if you guys need me to help with exporting I can try. Not sure how much the import duties will cost on your end though (and Malaysia is usually pretty slow to reach unless with more expensive shipping options).

However, it's currently back ordered so no idea when it will be actually available/when it will ship.

Just make sure to tag my name or quote/pm as otherwise I won't get notifications.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #134,104 of 177,742
Well if you guys need me to help with exporting I can try. Not sure how much the import duties will cost on your end though (and Malaysia is usually pretty slow to reach unless with more expensive shipping options).

However, it's currently back ordered so no idea when it will be actually available/when it will ship.

Just make sure to tag my name or quote/pm as otherwise I won't get notifications.

Are you our guardian angel? 
biggrin.gif
 I hope someone can save one for me and others who do not have the money now...

I am still wondering what I should purchase with the $200 I have at the moment. If the sonys do cost at least $470, I might bite...after a month 
frown.gif

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #134,105 of 177,742

Kalbee, I choose you! 

Alright, so I'm definitely interested. So what does everything come out to after taxes have been factored in? I think we should put in the order soon since it says that the sale is only good for a limited time before the price returns to normal. Sony Z7 at $470 is damned tempting too...

Oh and these items are for preorder, not backordered. 

Daaayum... You should get it and let me know how it compares to the H3! :D

Trustworthy Canadians... Well the first one who comes to mind is @kalbee since he's bought stuff before for me in Japan and shipped it to me

I've only had the H3 for a short while when James444 was sending his around, but I thought it was a pretty nice sounding phone. I ultimately preferred the Ex1000 though. I don't remember enough about the sig, but I wouldn't mind sending it to you if you want to do a review comparing the two. 

Quote:

http://www.ncix.com/detail/sony-mdrz7-ultimate-hi-res-headphones-d9-102838-1707.htm

and the Z7s are going for $530 CAD, which is about $470 USD. That's amazing!

..... Too bad I can't afford it right now. :frowning2:

They also have the PHA3 for a stupid price right now. I could buy the Z7, but I keep hearing about how it gets along with the PHA3 best :l 

http://www.ncix.com/detail/sony-pha3-portable-amplifier-for-f6-102830-1707.htm

That's $666 US!

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #134,106 of 177,742
What is with them prices.... If this continues, I MIGHT get a Z7 at this rate! ;_;

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #134,108 of 177,742
What is with them prices.... If this continues, I MIGHT get a Z7 at this rate! ;_;

That's what I wanna know. I'm almost tempted to contact them asking if the listing is in error, but I don't wanna spoil the moment :l I mean... I'm thinking these prices are at cost or something. How do they turn a profit?

I can probably buy all three, but I don't really see the point. The Z7 is really tempting but I'm a portable listener first and foremost. I guess the great thing is that it'd be super easy to resell on the FS and not take a hit... Curious how the Z7 would get along with the GO 450, so... I'm kinda in the same boat as Exesteills

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #134,109 of 177,742
Oct 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #134,110 of 177,742
Well the sale price is supposedly till Jan 2015 which seems odd. Early and extended Christmas shopping?

I'll have to wait till I get home tonight to check things out. I don't know how much shipping (to your end) will cost but I can check how much it would cost to order from NCIX.

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #134,111 of 177,742
Well the sale price is supposedly till Jan 2015 which seems odd.

I'll have to wait till I get home tonight to check things out. I don't know how much shipping (to your end) will cost but I can check how much it would cost to order from NCIX.

Awesome. Look forward to hearing back from you. Maybe a general inquiry to NCIX CAD is in order just to see whether these prices aren't in error so we aren't wasting anyone's time. After that, I guess it'd be prudent to ask them when they expect stock to come in (I believe Z5 is slated to go live on Oct. 20th in Japan/Asia and the Z7 has made it to US shores per Amazon). If everything checks out, I'm probably gonna go in for... hell, both the Z7 and Z5. They'll be easy to resell at those prices so I should lose nothing lol 

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #134,112 of 177,742
The news that kept popping up that there is a headphone above the Z7 that is coming out soon doesn't help me getting my money out for the Z7 themselves.

The sad fact is, I should be more than happy with my current headphone lineup. Which I am, but curiosity...

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #134,113 of 177,742
The news that kept popping up that there is a headphone above the Z7 that is coming out soon doesn't help me getting my money out for the Z7 themselves.

The sad fact is, I should be more than happy with my current headphone lineup. Which I am, but curiosity...

....killed the neko.

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #134,114 of 177,742

That's what I wanna know. I'm almost tempted to contact them asking if the listing is in error, but I don't wanna spoil the moment :l I mean... I'm thinking these prices are at cost or something. How do they turn a profit?

I can probably buy all three, but I don't really see the point. The Z7 is really tempting but I'm a portable listener first and foremost. I guess the great thing is that it'd be super easy to resell on the FS and not take a hit... Curious how the Z7 would get along with the GO 450, so... I'm kinda in the same boat as Exesteills

The cheaper it is, the more people buy it, and potential reviewers like us can then spread the word. Increase demand and then prices rank up again.

At least that's how I see it. I wanted audio technica to do something like this, but they're too much of a stick in the mud for that. SONY RULES! Or at least NCIX does.

And don't contact them till we successfully purchase one. It's for the good of audiophile kind, and for the future of NCIX's sony stock. 
biggrin.gif

I am fine with my current DAC/Amp portable, not going to think about getting a PHA3.

Aww, I thought you'd go for the combo! 
tongue.gif

What is your current DAC/Amp portable? If you don't mind me asking..

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #134,115 of 177,742
That's been mentioned over and over and over but I don't think anyone's alluding to this "King" being from Sony themselves. I think they're referring to the HD800 successor. You raise a good point though... 

And don't contact them till we successfully purchase one. It's for the good of audiophile kind, and for the future of NCIX's sony stock. 
biggrin.gif

I'm afraid it's all just a dream too :l 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back