Oct 10, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #133,441 of 177,742
Bawww

6yjwZqU.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #133,442 of 177,742
  Bawww

6yjwZqU.gif

Nyaaa~

Oh damn I totally did not realize that!

The new inspector lady is actually the girl who was friends with the final victim of the girl-school murders, who felt guilty over basically sending her friend to her death by telling her to go talk to the murderer chick!
That makes the new inspector lady a lot more interesting.

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #133,445 of 177,742

Very pretty!

Would have wanted to see the real faces of the artists. The profiles are so...meta.

Everyone is faceless and anonymous behind anime avatars these days. hehe

???
There are always facebook or the likes if you like real faces =_=

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #133,447 of 177,742

That's interesting, I'll try that at work tomorrow, it's so second nature at this point that I don't even realize. It's seems pretty instantaneous.

Well that sucks, Fraps doesn't work in Windows 8 or 10 for recording the desktop since they don't actually use the Aero interface...

Your room's always so dark!!!

Everyone is faceless and anonymous behind anime avatars these days. hehe

So...some mildly interesting things have happened at work recently, and I've been spending too much time over at OnePlus Forums lately.

43WQz8j.jpg

d3cB8LH.jpg

wmCU8yx.jpg
Xhjzp76.jpg
aZwiyWK.jpg

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #133,448 of 177,742
Made Okonomiyaki for the first time!

Pretty happy with the result. Man, that stuff is filling!

Sooo good. You can put anything on it too! While some people say it's awesome, I don't recommend the use of Kimchi. I first made it after playing some pretty bad but surprisingly ridiculously funny VN set in Hokkaido a few years back. Can't remember the name. They ate okonomiyaki there. The H scenes could have been left out entirely. They were not pretty and not needed.

I should go to Osaka soon and eat that stuff. People keep telling me to do this.

Do it! Okonomiyaki is actually made in different styles in different parts of japan so make a trip of it.

Man I just want to go to a mountain hot spring hotel with a glass calm lake and the moonlight. I need a break.

Good news.

The sony z7 is worth the price.

Bad news.

The sony z5 is NOT worth it.

Oooo. Tried them?

Your room's always so dark!!!

[rule]
So...some mildly interesting things have happened at work recently, and I've been spending too much time over at OnePlus Forums lately.

43WQz8j.jpg

d3cB8LH.jpg

wmCU8yx.jpg
Xhjzp76.jpg
aZwiyWK.jpg

Dude! Sexy. That is all. I'd bite if I didn't use an opaque case.

I dunno. This is the actual drawing by Nomura:

BzgJxPSCQAAPcwc.jpg:large

But it seems like some video (promotional?) made for Miku Expo:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201410/09063208.html

She needs a sword microphone with that expression. Also, try to picture that pose in real life. Good luck not tipping over. Nomura-San, master of optical illusions such as the newest games being passed off a final fantasy.

Well, its not thaaat uncommon to see "o" and "wo" being used in interchangeable ways..

Let see how it goes lol. My interest is more on Gundam Boy Friend actually XD

I am too afraid of this one lol.

Everybody wants to rule the world...

(by Lorde) my A/B track just now.

Happy to find a rival for the SRM-252S - STAX 207 combo.

Running the HE-560 off an Objective 2. This works, with some caveats. Since it's pushing the upper limits of the amplifier's capabilities, the output voltage of the DAC/source and the O2 gain settings have to be considered carefully as to not overload the O2s input stage. 

Many make the mistake of putting the O2 to high gain (6.5x) for Orthos like the HE-500, and with a DAC outputting more than 1v (1.5v for the Fiio X5 in my case), the sound will be ...broken.

Different frequency response/presentation from the STAX, but the mids and highs are comparable in appeal. More listening needed to work out the differences. 

Can say right now the 560 definitely has more bass slam. Not as much as HE-400 (which was my B headphone for a while), but this one is a keeper.  Considered the TH900 and the HE-400i (listened). 

The HE-400i, is an attempt to create a 'mids monster', apparently to address the HE-400's weakness of recessed upper mids / low treble. They succeeded in a way, but in the process sacrificing the HE-400s bass slam and air. This may be fine if it's a person's only headphone. The problem is: I already own even bigger Mids Monsters (207 and M50).

Nice photo!

I need to talk my manager into sandals Fridays.
Sick of socks. Although I am liking these Merino Wool dress socks I bought. And these bright ass patterned Happy Socks I got are seriously comfortable.

Well that sucks, Fraps doesn't work in Windows 8 or 10 for recording the desktop since they don't actually use the Aero interface...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-o3qEVoErs[/video]

That's confusing. I thought Aero was just a transparency design element. It's obviously a bit more complicated than that, but I didn't think it would affect anything like screen recording.

[rule]
Ahhh the joy of two posts a day. Those of you still in school, the real world: don't do it, it's a trap.

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #133,449 of 177,742
Sooo good. You can put anything on it too! While some people say it's awesome, I don't recommend the use of Kimchi. I first made it after playing some pretty bad but surprisingly ridiculously funny VN set in Hokkaido a few years back. Can't remember the name. They ate okonomiyaki there. The H scenes could have been left out entirely. They were not pretty and not needed.
Do it! Okonomiyaki is actually made in different styles in different parts of japan so make a trip of it.

Man I just want to go to a mountain hot spring hotel with a glass calm lake and the moonlight. I need a break.

Never liked Kimchi, maybe the occasional flavoured ramen, but I tend to stay away from them.

Okonomiyaki is the bomb, so many good combos. I personally like shrimp, beansprouts, bacon and Chipotle sauce. Weird, I know.

You and me both. :/ Add a glass of chilled wine or whisky to that.... Or maybe warm sake if it's cold out. Mmmm.... Mochi.

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #133,451 of 177,742
Oooo. Tried them?

Unfortunately no...

I truly wish Sony cared about sending half of their units for most of us to review.

However, there was a positive impression post in the Z7 thread.

"
Ginza Sony MDR-Z7/... Impressions

MDR-Z7 + PHA-3, fed from Xperia Z1 using the Walkman app

Let's first address the most-anticipated Z7. Had about 20 minutes of listening time (lined up three separate times). Initial thought is that the Z7 is a well-balanced can. Lows, mids, highs are in line, no range particularly prominent, unlike mid-tier Sonys that deliberately emphasize low end rumble. Also unlike previous high-end Sonys that emphasize treble clarity and resolution. This leads me to think this would be a versatile can, with no conspicuous characteristic, it should able to present all genres rather well.

Second time around, I picked out a few test tracks that allow a better assessment of the can's sound. Was able to slowly get a handle on the Z7's traits. It has excellent separation of sound, and nice weight for full-bodied articulation, instruments such as percussion and piano sound solid with clear outlines. Its sound is very strong and impactful, though not as a result of increase in the quantity of the bottom end. Sometimes it gives a [you took some damage] feeling.

Even though the Z7 doesn't emphasize treble clarity, it gives an exceptional sense of resolution on tracks with treble content. From the short audition, the Z7's resolution seems on par with the TH900 and W5000, but has a more balanced tuning than the other two.

The Z7 possesses a medium-size soundstage with good positioning, exhibiting ample precision with complex passages. Vocals are positioned slightly more close-up. Though the Z7 doesn't have too particular a signature, one can hear hints of Sony's traditional colouration. At most I'll say that among Sony flagships past and present, the Z7 may turn out to be a very versatile choice.

I give the Z7 my utmost recommendation. Compared to other closed-back flagships, the Z7, though priced at only 55000yen, provides comparable performance and a remarkably well-balanced sound. Seems to be a very sincere effort.

Further Elaboration

Honestly, my listening time was rather short, with no A/B testing and in a noisy environment. Often, nothing more than an understanding of a can's general tendencies is possible from an audition, and the finer points on performance and technicality can only be taken as one opinion.

The Z7 sound is neutral with a bit of warmth, very delicate and refined on the whole. Yet when the music demands energy, as with the Gundam UC BGM being played on location, it has sufficient force to its sound for such material. Not unlike a good speaker system, with excellent control to its dynamics.

Judging from its exterior, the Z7 follows from the SA5000's half-open design, with vents everywhere. This design gives the Z7 a closed-back sound without the muffle prevalent in mid-tier closed headphones. I hear the Z7 as 3/4 closed, 1/4 open.

About the balance of the Z7, actually the MDR-EX1000, MDR-1R to MDR-1A DAC, and MDR-Z7 can be said to belong to the same system of tuning. Undoubtedly, the Z7 is at the top, both in terms of technicality and musicality.

I'm half a treble-head myself, and the Z7 indeed doesn't give me the same incisively clear, bordering thin, sound of the TH900 and W5000. Its presentation is measured and moderate, something like the HE-560 I previously reviewed. The Z7's treble is more smooth, robust, not piercing or harsh but exhibits a wholeness. Worth mentioning is that many top-tier headphones are like mirrors, emphasizing recording deficiencies. Today I specifically picked out a few badly recorded Hatsune Miku tracks which, though not able to bring out the Z7's potential, sounded sweet to the ears at the least, without being too strident or revealing.

Compared to the SA5000, the Z7 has more body across the entire FR, and has no problems with the treble being too sharp or too thin.
Compared to the CD3000, the Z7 has better musicality, where the CD3000 is monitor-like and favours upper-mid/lower-treble.

Vocals with the Z7 are warm and smooth, somewhat intimate, and like the EX1000 has Sony's thick and rich signature. Not in the style of Audio-Technica or some European brands, but rather like some Hifiman models. Maybe it's the other way around and that some Hifimans are like Sonys.

Didn't have time to delve into the Z7's soundstage, but for jazz tracks I was clearly able to locate the musicians in their positions. Overall, I very much recommend the Z7, of course on the premise that it's driven by the PHA-3. But I'd guess that the Z7 is not too picky with upstream gear.

..."

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #133,452 of 177,742
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso ep1 : wow this might become the best A-1 anime I've seen.

Btw ed screens are beautiful..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back