「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 1, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #106,426 of 177,742
Quote:
  wall of text

Hype wars 
eek.gif

Meh. What can you do, especially when you've already ridden the wave and don't like it before it hits mainstream? Mainstream/hype has gotten bigger and bigger in the past few years, so all you can do is watch it as it fades. 

7-8 billion people out there, each with its own mind, doing what they do 
tongue.gif

You can think of mainstream as In-N-Out burger. Nothing really great about it. It's ok at most, but nothing special. Just one of the trendy things. I remember it was all the rage, but I'd eaten it before in California, so I already knew what was coming and said "meh".

Each person has its own taste. The trendy people/hipsters usually go with the trend (whether it be actually good or just buys into it), so there's not much you can do- except sit back and watch the hype wars.

What you like is up to you. What you believe is up to you. There isn't a thing that forces you to do something, except you. Hell, The World Ends with You (if you see what I did there 
tongue.gif
). 

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #106,427 of 177,742
  Quote:
  wall of text

Hype wars 
eek.gif

Meh. What can you do, especially when you've already ridden the wave and don't like it before it hits mainstream? Mainstream/hype has gotten bigger and bigger in the past few years, so all you can do is watch it as it fades. 

7-8 billion people out there, each with its own mind, doing what they do 
tongue.gif

You can think of mainstream as In-N-Out burger. Nothing really great about it. It's ok at most, but nothing special. Just one of the trendy things. I remember it was all the rage, but I'd eaten it before in California, so I already knew what was coming and said "meh".

Each person has its own taste. The trendy people/hipsters usually go with the trend (whether it be actually good or just buys into it), so there's not much you can do- except sit back and watch the hype wars.

What you like is up to you. What you believe is up to you. There isn't a thing that forces you to do something, except you. Hell, The World Ends with You (if you see what I did there 
tongue.gif
). 

i love in-n-out.  No hype...its just good for the price you pay.  Double double animal style....mmmmmhhh.  I like Five Guys more but in-n-out is great for how fast it is and how much.  

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #106,428 of 177,742
  Half way through Serial Experiments Lain. No doubt about it, SEL has to be the deepest, and most thought provoking anime is history,
not even Kino's Journey goes this deep.

That has been on my list for far too long.

I think some other anime are also deserving of that.

Gonna need to check out SEL one day

Just bought the flags of the RF and UN. Now I'll have PRC, UN, USSR, RF in my room :D

For example? Imocho?

Wait, UN like in United Nations?
I guess you don't make much friends with that Russian flag....the Kremlin is going nuts right now.

Low light is quite nice.

Yup, quiet impressive for such a tiny sensor!

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #106,429 of 177,742
  Brand?

My PS3 arrived ^o^

Onkyo.

I still haven't sold my PS3 >o<
Look at all these controllers I have no use for!

FrQanWP.jpg

Lol, are those Playstation cables on the desk?
And is the mid driver supposed to have a caved in dome thingy?

Yes, they are Playstation cables
And no, the domes aren't supposed to be concave. When I was a kid, when my dad took the grille off of it to clean the dust, I poked it as if it were a button. That was nearly 20 years ago. Stupid me. I still regret it to this day. 

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #106,431 of 177,742
I played about four hours of GTA5 today.
Incredible game!
Buying this console wasn't that bad of an idea after all ♥

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #106,432 of 177,742
  Onkyo.

I still haven't sold my PS3 >o<
Look at all these controllers I have no use for!

FrQanWP.jpg

Yes, they are Playstation cables
And no, the domes aren't supposed to be concave. When I was a kid, when my dad took the grille off of it to clean the dust, I poked it as if it were a button. That was nearly 20 years ago. Stupid me. I still regret it to this day. 

I'll take one for free to use with my PC. :D

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #106,433 of 177,742

i love in-n-out.  No hype...its just good for the price you pay.  Double double animal style....mmmmmhhh.  I like Five Guys more but in-n-out is great for how fast it is and how much.  

I remember my brother ordering that. Except it was one double, and the name threw me off 
tongue.gif

To me it's just another wendy's/jack in the box/mcdonald's/whataburger, except it's not everywhere. Bang for buck would probably be steak n shake for me, but otherwise in-n-out is roughly the same (might as well go mooyah's since it's also similar). There're just tons of other places to eat out like smash burger/caine's/cheese cake factory/all the fast food chains and all the different kinds of asian/mediterranean food places that it's just meh.

Five Guys is good (dem cups of fries and free penuts
normal_smile .gif
 tasty).

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #106,435 of 177,742
Wut? Do all you people have PS3s?

And today I learned what motion mangas are. Interesting concept but not really my thing.

Guess who is not interested in this event whatsoever? ^^
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-03-01/indonesia-to-host-first-hatsune-miku-expo-with-more-destinations-to-come

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #106,436 of 177,742

In-n-Out is awesome! Animal style fries are good too. I like their fresh, hand-cut fries.

Five Guys is okay, but their beef patties are always dried out whenever I get them...

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #106,437 of 177,742
In-n-Out is awesome! Animal style fries are good too. I like their fresh, hand-cut fries.

Five Guys is okay, but their beef patties are always dried out whenever I get them...

I like five guys cuz you get unlimited toppings lol. Animal style is definitely the way to go!

[rule]And today I learned what motion mangas are. Interesting concept but not really my thing.

Guess who is not interested in this event whatsoever? ^^
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-03-01/indonesia-to-host-first-hatsune-miku-expo-with-more-destinations-to-come

Ps3 is cheap used now. I got a 3rd set for 50 bucks used.

I remember my brother ordering that. Except it was one double, and the name threw me off :p

To me it's just another wendy's/jack in the box/mcdonald's/whataburger, except it's not everywhere. Bang for buck would probably be steak n shake for me, but otherwise in-n-out is roughly the same (might as well go mooyah's since it's also similar). There're just tons of other places to eat out like smash burger/caine's/cheese cake factory/all the fast food chains and all the different kinds of asian/mediterranean food places that it's just meh.

normal_smile%20.gif
 tasty).

In-N-Out is sooo much better than the bigger burger chains. Imo.

I didn't like steak and shake, they were too expensive for what you got.

Yeah five guys is awesome.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #106,438 of 177,742

I remember my brother ordering that. Except it was one double, and the name threw me off 
tongue.gif

normal_smile .gif
 tasty).

Grr, why didn't I try animal style when I went there when I went down to LA last year? D:

I don't think there are many burger places that beat Dick's for the bang for your buck. :3

Five Guys was sort of meh for me too; the buns seem to always be soggy with that dry patty grease or something according to Michelle XD

And today I learned what motion mangas are. Interesting concept but not really my thing.

Probably. :p
I've had one for three years now? Bought one just so I could jailbreak it with a TI-84 lolololol

Hmm, I hadn't heard of that before, but I'm pretty sure I read an H manga that had similar concepts. 
ph34r.gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #106,439 of 177,742

but when it comes to the "Social" watchers or kids and girls who watch for fun,  then yes facebook and bordem is the reason why their hype is so getting up 

I don't hype animes, but I joined the Ho-kago Tea Time (HTT) facebook page... I still enjoy the posts the admins put in there on a daily basis :p

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #106,440 of 177,742
  I think some other anime are also deserving of that.

Gonna need to check out SEL one day

Just bought the flags of the RF and UN. Now I'll have PRC, UN, USSR, RF in my room :D

Trust me, it doesn't get any deeper than SEL. There's about 30 lines total in each episode, most are just a single word. I had an easier time watching FLCL, Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, and the ending to Kemonozume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back