「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 13, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #177,001 of 177,742
Thought it was about time I got another open back headphone, so I bought the ATH-PDG1. It's marketed as a gaming headset but the cable/gooseneck mic is detachable so they should serve as a decent set of regular headphones too.

Jul 13, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #177,002 of 177,742
Thought it was about time I got another open back headphone, so I bought the ATH-PDG1. It's marketed as a gaming headset but the cable/gooseneck mic is detachable so they should serve as a decent set of regular headphones too.

Look interesting. Let us know how they sound!

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #177,004 of 177,742
One of my monitors transitioned into a barbecue a few days ago. I opened it thinking that if it was just light damage I could solve everything with mad soldering skills like Will.i.am in mamacita, or a second hand board from Ebay. But there is obvious damage on the 2 boards at different places, some "well done" parts, some caps that need to go on a diet, some resistor(I assume used as security given how it was soldered), had melted off the board, etc. It was pronounced dead when arriving at the disposal place. There will be no service, and no repair.
I've received a replacement and now I'm going crazy because my I1Display Pro thingy isn't recognized by the computer anymore so I can't calibrate the monitor.... AAAAAAAAAAAAarrrrghhhhhh

in an unrelated topic. I've tried for the first(and probably last) time to "read" a manga on Utoob. After that experience, I'll now become a monk and learn the noodly arts to fight this evil power before it destroys the world. The guy who made this, thought it wasn't bad enough to settle on a speed that would be boring even on 2X speed. He added the most devious and slow 2002 PowerPoint animations as transition between pages. I've seen hell and it's not pretty.

Jul 20, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #177,005 of 177,742
Look interesting. Let us know how they sound!
First impressions:
FDB343E8-E13B-4006-8A0A-65CBA138ECB0.jpeg
They sound good. I was surprised to find that the cushions are velour.
6C001682-8CF3-487D-95A8-60FE2C704B1F.jpeg

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #177,007 of 177,742
I has LCD-2 nao. It was the flagship to be had back when I first started my audio journey here, so the purchase was mostly for nostalgia.

Jeez how time flies, I liked the LCD-2 when I borrowed them for a while because uhh...it's like the long lost cousin of the SR-007. A bit heavy though but I guess you get used to it?

I watched Princess Connect and then I downloaded the game. It is an absolute blast to play and I think it's the "perfect" gacha game. Very easy to play unlike 90% of gacha games out there. SINoALICE was a massive disappointment coming from a Yoko Taro fan. =P

The UI is so intuitive that anyone can pick it up in ten minutes and figure out how things work.

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #177,010 of 177,742
I has LCD-2 nao. It was the flagship to be had back when I first started my audio journey here, so the purchase was mostly for nostalgia.

Oh also I've been listening to Roselia's music a lot lately. Thanks BanG Dream!
DSC_8019.jpg
Whoa, nice! Not only about the LCD-2s but the food as well! I forget, did you have issues with the headband, or was that just Lugia and I when we tried them on at various auditions?
And what the heck flavored frosting is that?!
Dang, that's neat indeed! Too bad as a 'Murican I probably won't be allowed in the country for at least another year to see it in person orz

Aug 25, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #177,011 of 177,742
A few packages just arrived, involving an Apple USB-C to 3.5mm dongle, a USB C to USB micro adapter, some cables and a trash can. I'm excited haha.

I've been trying to figure a simple, all-in-one headphone jack solution to a Raspberry Pi Zero for about a year. Only realised a few weeks ago that I can plug a 3.5mm dongle for phones into it and call it a day instead of hunting down reviews for obscure Pi accessories. :face_palm:

IMG_20200825_141927.jpg

Apple's dongle is very cheap for what it offers and is pretty compact, not just compared to the bulky Google dongle v2 that I also have. It's just a bit quiet. Plugged the Pi's new headphone jack into my soundbar and it's now got AirPlay streaming capabilities along with Chromecast Audio and Alexa support! Pretty happy with the result, as long as it's getting power directly from the wall (instead of from the Steam Link, which was my original plan).

Finally, there's this trash can which wobbles/tips a bit when I step on the pedal. It'll be a pretty tight fit but I think I can find a thin weight to put at the bottom, so it won't move around as I open/close it. Anyone have any other ideas/experience with small trash cans wobbling around?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #177,012 of 177,742
Whoa, nice! Not only about the LCD-2s but the food as well! I forget, did you have issues with the headband, or was that just Lugia and I when we tried them on at various auditions?
And what the heck flavored frosting is that?!
This was a B-stock unit, so it's basically refurbished. It's been updated with the latest Audeze headband, which is moar comfy.

The frosting was a standard icing, but the rose shaped part was their signature buttercream frosting, so it was super rich!

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #177,014 of 177,742

Users who are viewing this thread

Back