「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 16, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #176,986 of 177,742
I'm still using an AirPort Time Capsule. Works a treat.

Even though I only ordered it yesterday. It's bigger and heavier than expected. Given that every smartphone/tablet in the house has dual-band 802.11ac it's about time to upgrade from the ISP-issued 802.11n one.

33nW4Xt.jpg

Jun 16, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #176,987 of 177,742
Fancy routers are for amateurs. this is how a real pro handles wifi!(play old macgyver opening theme)
IMG_6309_DxOsmall.jpg

I raised the signal enough to get "full" speed downstairs in the bedroom.

PS: The best picture I have ever taken. Maybe even the best picture ever taken in history if I dare to humbly say so myself. Perfect harmony and at the same time a clear protest against imperialism. 3years in a photography school didn't go to waste.

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #176,988 of 177,742
Fancy routers are for amateurs. this is how a real pro handles wifi!(play old macgyver opening theme)

You were so preoccupied on whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should. =P

I have a confession to make...

I've been using earpods for a while now and I can't actually remember the last time I used the STAX. I literally left my amp in the rain so it needs a few repairs to say the least (okay not literally but I left it next to an open window and we had some sideways rain during the floods so it got quite wet, I didn't just leave it outside =P).

I need to somehow reignite my passion(?) for audio so I can get of my buttocks and fix the amp.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #176,989 of 177,742
IMG_6309_DxOsmall.jpg
I raised the signal enough to get "full" speed downstairs in the bedroom.

PS: The best picture I have ever taken. Maybe even the best picture ever taken in history if I dare to humbly say so myself. Perfect harmony and at the same time a clear protest against imperialism. 3years in a photography school didn't go to waste.
That is possibly breaking the law, router have maximum output power defined by local standards. They test those limits with their stock antenna, sticking a high gain directional antenna instantly fails it most likely.

But... who cares.

You were so preoccupied on whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should. =P

I've been using earpods for a while now and I can't actually remember the last time I used the STAX. I literally left my amp in the rain so it needs a few repairs to say the least (okay not literally but I left it next to an open window and we had some sideways rain during the floods so it got quite wet, I didn't just leave it outside =P).

I need to somehow reignite my passion(?) for audio so I can get of my buttocks and fix the amp.
Get some of those new China gear, they measure stupidly well for the price.

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #176,990 of 177,742

For me this always starts with the music, either discovering new music or re-discovering old favorites. Let the music flow and the desire for it to sound its best should follow.....

..... in theory

Get some of those new China gear, they measure stupidly well for the price.

..... don't listen to rept4r either. He's given up on life.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #176,991 of 177,742
For me this always starts with the music, either discovering new music or re-discovering old favorites. Let the music flow and the desire for it to sound its best should follow.....

Do I even listen to music? it's just "on" in the background while I do other stuff.

Alright I'll go into the garage and contemplate life...and repair some electronics.

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #176,992 of 177,742

Feels like my life in a nutshell.

My favorite headphones are still at the studio I work at. I really should make an appointment to go grab my stuff... It's been 3 months already...

I really do enjoy the earpods though, strangely enough.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #176,993 of 177,742
That is possibly breaking the law, router have maximum output power defined by local standards. They test those limits with their stock antenna, sticking a high gain directional antenna instantly fails it most likely.

But... who cares.
No worry, I'm not Mr robot just yet. That little device is rated for a 5dBi gain, so even with my very directional almost 6dB extra gain from the aluminum, I'm still behind what I could purchase legally.

Jun 18, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #176,994 of 177,742
#avoidChineseproducts

Do I even listen to music? it's just "on" in the background while I do other stuff.

Alright I'll go into the garage and contemplate life...and repair some electronics.

CY8ER dropped some straight fire recently

Speaking of cyber and recently, Australia recently got hit by a cyber attack by a “sophisticated state-based actor”

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #176,995 of 177,742
Jun 30, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #176,999 of 177,742
Ouch. My recent DHL order shipped on the 25th and arrived on the 29th. :frowning2: Which service was this again?
Contact seller for a refund asap, or at least let them know? Perhaps a wrong address or some oversight on their side that they can sort out, or they will bug logistics if that's the cause.

Misread. My bad!
-
Passed by the physical location for the studio I work for recently to grab all the stuff I left there when the regional lockdown happened.
Pretty happy to hear my old faithful AD700x again, but I'm also reminded why I absolutely hate it's cable with the utmost discrimination.

Don't feel like modding it honestly but if Audio Technica releases the AD700X to AD2000X with detachable cables, I'll buy them in a heartbeat, both for the sake of using cables that won't strangle me when working and to use creature comforts like bluetooth attachment accessories.
-
New soundbar arrived recently! Pretty happy with it so far, as it solves most of the problems I have. Friends might wonder why I spent so much on a soundbar when I can get a much better sounding speaker setup, a better TV and still have spent about the same amount, but I'm pretty happy with the elegance of how the living room looks like right now.

Just waiting for some more furniture to arrive from Ikea. A bit awkward because a somewhat pricey thing I bought just went on sale for half it's normal price, and Ikea is only shipping my stuff in August, so I don't even get the benefit of getting it early haha.

Ah well, such is life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back