「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 17, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #175,908 of 177,742
I got some random JL Audio $400 car subwoofer amp in for repair, well there's your problem...the output mosfets are roasty toasty. They got so hot that the thermal pad melted and kinda stuck onto them.

The buggers are $3 a pop here and I'm gonna need half a dozen of them, blah.

I wonder what caps are in these...YIHCON, SAMXON (GF M) and more YIHCON, what a piece of junk, looks like I'm staying faaar away from JL Audio products. Are there even quality products in the car audio world?

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg IMG_2975.jpg IMG_2978.jpg

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #175,909 of 177,742
Was an idiot and asked the guy who set up the cables at my new place to staple the cables for Internet in a very awkward place.

image.jpg

I was meaning to ask him to staple a super long ethernet cable there so I can plug my PC in while still having the wifi router somewhere in the middle of my condo...

Now I have my router and modem right next to my PC, at one corner of the home, on the floor, surrounded by walls. Probably the most unideal position I can find for it unless I stay in this room for all internet needs haha. :p

Kinda feel bad for future roommates.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #175,910 of 177,742
Was an idiot and asked the guy who set up the cables at my new place to staple the cables for Internet in a very awkward place.

I was meaning to ask him to staple a super long ethernet cable there so I can plug my PC in while still having the wifi router somewhere in the middle of my condo...

Now I have my router and modem right next to my PC, at one corner of the home, on the floor, surrounded by walls. Probably the most unideal position I can find for it unless I stay in this room for all internet needs haha. :p

Kinda feel bad for future roommates.
Maybe use a ethernet powerline adaptor? Then you could hook several routers/modems into the network and ensure there isn't a wifi dead zone? It maybe easier than redoing the wiring, but i can't say for sure

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #175,911 of 177,742
Maybe use a ethernet powerline adaptor? Then you could hook several routers/modems into the network and ensure there isn't a wifi dead zone? It maybe easier than redoing the wiring, but i can't say for sure

Considering that. Just need to see what my future roommate is content with.

The home is a bit old and is shared between three families, so not the most ideal situation. I'll probably find some way to route something to her room as ethernet is still cheaper and more reliable. My room is already a cable mess anyways. :p

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #175,919 of 177,742
Ok, kinda stupid question, but what music does everyone listen to? Well, I guess the question will be a little less stupid if I ask for artist, and not genre w
Yunomi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back