「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 29, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #175,411 of 177,742
Sorry to insult your dad. But that is something stupid. And this is from someone (me) that develops products for the military. Blind nationalism is nothing but low tier behavior that breeds nothing but indifference and often leads to confrontation. Patriotism and nationalism are different things. The later is extremely dangerous
main-qimg-4f5d6f22c6f0b8d26a667e520d1a6558

Did you just say everything that is not Chinese? I thought you guys live in the US?

I SHALL SPIT ON THOSE UNWORTHY
MXhsPUtc_400x400.jpg

No need to apologize. There's a reason I moved out. XD

Well my dad doesn't like the US and is pretty racist to people who are not Chinese. :/

By this, I mean seriously, he's pretty racist. Being raised in the family, it took me many years to get rid of the nationalism and racism out of myself (hopefully). Well I'm still a jerk but hopefully in less of a jerk now. :p

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #175,412 of 177,742
By this, I mean seriously, he's pretty racist. Being raised in the family, it took me many years to get rid of the nationalism and racism out of myself (hopefully). Well I'm still a jerk but hopefully in less of a jerk now. :p

Here in Australia we're basically all immigrants so you don't get toooo many people being aggressive about that stuff. (ehh only a small riot or two every decade or so on the beach =P)

I hope the second side is rapey.

FlZP5uh-4QisITKdq5qMrcX_27bs.jpg!730x0.jpg

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #175,413 of 177,742
Here in Australia we're basically all immigrants so you don't get toooo many people being aggressive about that stuff. (ehh only a small riot or two every decade or so on the beach =P)

The Chinese are giving us Chinese a bad rep here though. Folks from the mainland are buying up all the baby formula and shipping it back in the mainland to sell, making it super difficult for local folks to provide for their own bubs. Some Chinese tourists also speak obnoxiously loud in public places such as restaurants and still don't seem to know how to "form a queue".

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #175,414 of 177,742
The Chinese are giving us Chinese a bad rep here though. Folks from the mainland are buying up all the baby formula and shipping it back in the mainland to sell, making it super difficult for local folks to provide for their own bubs. Some Chinese tourists also speak obnoxiously loud in public places such as restaurants and still don't seem to know how to "form a queue".

Yep, you know it's bad when there are signs at the checkout limiting the amount of baby formula you can buy at once.

edit: oooo new Panasonic Laptop 8th gen CPU refresh, 12" size.

1920x1200 display (yay 16:10)
Thunderbolt 3 (and power delivery, more importantly is still has the old robust AC barrel jack too)
LTE
Full sized SD card slot
3x USB Type-A
Ethernet (full size, no dongle rubbish like the new X1 Carbon)
VGA
HDMI
CD/DVD drive!!
And a removable 68Wh battery at approx ~1.1kg.
M.2 SSD so you aren't screwed if you need to pull your data off or get an upgrade.

Yeah them boys know how to make a business laptop. (wish it had a touchscreen and a trackpoint though...and you know...not cost $2500+)

You can read the developer notes here (Google translate works well), I have never seen another consumer laptop apart from the 13" MacbookTB with a more robust I/O port design.

The Panasonic only has half the I/O on a daughter board but I like how each port has 2 screws pinning the PCB down to prevent stress on other components. The main PCB is "floating" as well so 100kg of pressure top and bottom won't cause any board flex.

I wonder if the cooling is good enough to always run at 25W cTDP, they seem to talk about cooling a lot.

edit3: yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
P1190892.jpg

P1190899.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #175,415 of 177,742
Yep, you know it's bad when there are signs at the checkout limiting the amount of baby formula you can buy at once.

Thunderbolt 3 (and power delivery, more importantly is still has the old robust AC barrel jack too)
LTE
Full sized SD card slot
3x USB Type-A
VGA
HDMI
CD/DVD drive!!
M.2 SSD so you aren't screwed if you need to pull your data off or get an upgrade.

Yeah them boys know how to make a business laptop. (wish it had a touchscreen and a trackpoint though...and you know...not cost $2500+)

You can read the developer notes here (Google translate works well), I have never seen another consumer laptop apart from the 13" MacbookTB with a more robust I/O port design.

The Panasonic only has half the I/O on a daughter board but I like how each port has 2 screws pinning the PCB down to prevent stress on other components. The main PCB is "floating" as well so 100kg of pressure top and bottom won't cause any board flex.

I wonder if the cooling is good enough to always run at 25W cTDP, they seem to talk about cooling a lot.

Theft deterring by design

feature01_top.jpg

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #175,416 of 177,742
oni
onigiri
coincidence? I think not. evil worshipers are everywhere in Japan.
clannad-after-story-03-131-300x225.jpg

else, hajime no ippo=hermaggerd! is this the beginning of the end? it can't be after only 1200 chapters!!!!

Always love that clip of Mei and our MC when she guilts him into buying the princess crepe with the princess price.

Love that Philipines is the second highest site to search this

No need to apologize. There's a reason I moved out. XD

Well my dad doesn't like the US and is pretty racist to people who are not Chinese. :/

Wait, I thought you said you couldn't watch much anime due to your dad? So...you don't need to sneak around then?

I don't mind Japanese patriotism from their own people. I only get TRIGGAHD if they do something like raising or flaunting the Empire of Japan flag or a look alike of it. Westerners don't realize the stigma with it to Asians is like the Nazi Swastika.

1.jpg

You can pretty much posts images of these flags around western forums and nobody would care. But I obviously can't put the Nazi flag in one of my posts or else a mod would flag it for deletion :/

Lol, everyone else would hope it wasn't. But I see your impecable tastes say otherwise. Nice to have cool parents that support this though

LTE
Full sized SD card slot
3x USB Type-A
VGA
HDMI
CD/DVD drive!!

that is indeed quite the laptop over there.

and nice! Dia looks like doujinshi drawn as opposed to how she is in the anime though

Theft deterring by design

feature01_top.jpg

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

that schiit belongs in 2004 with the Sony VAIO

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #175,417 of 177,742

27067889_586640998346806_5740834255768467565_n.jpg

There's a pic I really wanna upload as a reply but it's a bit too NSFW and not really something I usually like to post. Though for some reason I find it so funny as a response. Up to you if you want me to PM it. :p

Wait, I thought you said you couldn't watch much anime due to your dad? So...you don't need to sneak around then?

I don't mind Japanese patriotism from their own people. I only get TRIGGAHD if they do something like raising or flaunting the Empire of Japan flag or a look alike of it. Westerners don't realize the stigma with it to Asians is like the Nazi Swastika.

1.jpg

You can pretty much posts images of these flags around western forums and nobody would care. But I obviously can't put the Nazi flag in one of my posts or else a mod would flag it for deletion :/

Nothing's stopping me from enjoying anime. It's just my dad hates anything Japanese therefore I'm a disgrace as his son. XD

------------------------------------------

Violet Evergarden EP 03:

This one really touched me for some reason. Love that it ends without a strong "to be continued/find out more next episode" feeling that yanks me throughout the week. Probably won't last forever but really enjoy how each episode so far ended nicely, allowing me to take in the ending theme and get back to work.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #175,418 of 177,742

There's a pic I really wanna upload as a reply but it's a bit too NSFW and not really something I usually like to post. Though for some reason I find it so funny as a response. Up to you if you want me to PM it. :p

Nothing's stopping me from enjoying anime. It's just my dad hates anything Japanese therefore I'm a disgrace as his son. XD
PM Away captain.

Tell him it's Chinese cartoons
test2.jpg

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #175,419 of 177,742
PM Away captain.

Tell him it's Chinese cartoons
test2.jpg

You want a copy of the pic too? :p

Lol. But when I need Chinese subtitles to understand the thing, I doubt that will make a difference. Besides, I live alone now and my dad really just makes a comment here and there in the past when I used to live with them.

---------------------------

Might need to buy ZBrush, Keyshot and 3D Coat for next school term...Wanted to take dedicated courses in 3D for so long but moneyyyyyyyy...

QAQ

Made it a point to stop using pirated software a few years ago so there goes 3k+ Canadian Rupees...

-------------------------------

Found this hilarious.

http://www.ahelpfuldiagram.com/

--------------------------------------------

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

that schiit belongs in 2004 with the Sony VAIO

I have a friend who went to Japan once and grabbed a non-functioning laptop that looked like that from a used computer store.

Managed to get it working I think.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #175,420 of 177,742
You want a copy of the pic too? :p

Lol. But when I need Chinese subtitles to understand the thing, I doubt that will make a difference. Besides, I live alone now and my dad really just makes a comment here and there in the past when I used to live with them.

---------------------------

Might need to buy ZBrush, Keyshot and 3D Coat for next school term...Wanted to take dedicated courses in 3D for so long but moneyyyyyyyy...

QAQ

Made it a point to stop using pirated software a few years ago so there goes 3k+ Canadian Rupees...

-------------------------------

Found this hilarious.

http://www.ahelpfuldiagram.com/

--------------------------------------------

I have a friend who went to Japan once and grabbed a non-functioning laptop that looked like that from a used computer store.

Managed to get it working I think.

Sure why not. PM.

That were some useless AF diagrams lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back