「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #174,481 of 177,742
Miyako_salute.png

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #174,482 of 177,742
You'd think they'd implement a timed kill switch by now

Sep 19, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #174,484 of 177,742
I thought that show was pretty sub par, don't really get why people seemed to like it so much. You can find better melodrama in a lot of other series.
I will admit there were some unexpected tear jerking moments. The premise reminds me a little of Eve no Jikan.

if only those Androids ran iOS, then they can connect to iTunes and do a back up and restore...

Sep 19, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #174,485 of 177,742
I will admit there were some unexpected tear jerking moments. The premise reminds me a little of Eve no Jikan.

if only those Androids ran iOS, then they can connect to iTunes and do a back up and restore...

It's pretty standard robot AI stuff, from Eve no Jikan to Dimension W to Ghost in the Shell to Battle Angel Alita, all that stuff had been covered before. I agree, why in these advanced societies do thay not have cloud backup sponsored by Apple™ ?

Sep 19, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #174,486 of 177,742
It's pretty standard robot AI stuff, from Eve no Jikan to Dimension W to Ghost in the Shell to Battle Angel Alita, all that stuff had been covered before. I agree, why in these advanced societies do thay not have cloud backup sponsored by Apple™ ?
Maybe not iCloud because of some Android Protection Laws or something, but at least some sort of data migration method.

iOS 11 is out!

IMG_2971.PNG

I hope VPN integration is better now.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #174,488 of 177,742
wow I had no idea Dimension W had been made into an anime. I'm really out of touch with moving pictures.

Sep 19, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #174,491 of 177,742
Fastcodesign sucks

ECD75170-BE4C-4790-B557-81B1AD4077E5.png

Anyway, scrolling inertia has changed. No more 3D Touch to switch apps, which is a bummer.

The new Control Center is real slick, you can finally toggle Mobile Data in it! Only took like 6 years...Android had it ages ago.

The torch has four brigtnesss settings, almost as if it has one for each LED!

5EB2E776-C54D-4AAA-9107-F176AF0938C1.png

And I like the way how the notification shade is basically the lockscreen now.

Edit: the charging vibration makes the Taptic Engine feel like a rotational motor. Neat! It's no longer two brief vibrations, just a single longer one. Now Oppo has to copy it again!

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #174,492 of 177,742
Fastcodesign sucks

*snip*

Anyway, scrolling inertia has changed. No more 3D Touch to switch apps, which is a bummer.

The new Control Center is real slick, you can finally toggle Mobile Data in it! Only took like 6 years...Android had it ages ago.

The torch has four brigtnesss settings, almost as if it has one for each LED!

*snip*

And I like the way how the notification shade is basically the lockscreen now.

Edit: the charging vibration makes the Taptic Engine feel like a rotational motor. Neat! It's no longer two brief vibrations, just a single longer one. Now Oppo has to copy it again!

Not using element blockers in 2017. :^)

Material Design is now more consistent than Apple's digital design language (something I thought I would never say).

At the very least iOS is much more robust on the software side. Still can't beat timely OTA software updates regardless of carrier and the hardware/software synergy Android doesn't have and can never have.

I can always hope Project Fuchsia becomes a full fledged OS for mobile and crushes Android into the ground to fix everything wrong with it.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #174,493 of 177,742
Not using element blockers in 2017. :^)

Material Design is now more consistent than Apple's digital design language (something I thought I would never say).

At the very least iOS is much more robust on the software side. Still can't beat timely OTA software updates regardless of carrier and the hardware/software synergy Android doesn't have and can never have.

I can always hope Project Fuchsia becomes a full fledged OS for mobile and crushes Android into the ground to fix everything wrong with it.
I had a look at 1Blocker before but for some reason don't use it.

Hard to say, because not even Google follows Material Guidelines.

Yep, once an update is released, it is immediately available to all devices that support it.

We can dream.

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #174,494 of 177,742
I had a look at 1Blocker before but for some reason don't use it.

Hard to say, because not even Google follows Material Guidelines.

Yep, once an update is released, it is immediately available to all devices that support it.

We can dream.

It's basically choosing between ad-blocking apps (I'm hesitant to call them apps because they're effectively extensions bundled into apps for distribution purposes) or using something like Brave Browser (would recommend). The former is nicer because, as far as I remember, you cannot change default apps on iOS so using a content blocker for Safari means you can open links with the default browser and not have to worry about anything. Brave is nicer just because it has a more robust community behind it but you have to deal with being unable to make it the default browser.

Google does follow Material Design guidelines for most if not all stuff they make in-house (they were a bit slow to get everything updated to Material, the biggest offenders being YouTube and Voice which are now, finally, Material by default). The problem is whether or not most apps follow that. IIRC the Play Store is not nearly as strict as Apple's App Store when it comes to knocking popular apps for not following design guidelines.

I just wish legacy app support was a bit better. Always getting software updates instantly is great but also brings the problem that developers are much more keen to drop older versions of iOS for the new one. It's becoming less of a problem since Apple mobile device lifespan looks to be getting very, very long. Android meanwhile is a ****ing joke even from Google themselves; only 2 years of full Android updates and then like a year or two of security patches. Anything else requires you to tinker with a ROM or compile by yourself.

A bit depressing that iOS and macOS are still by far the best OS implementations and they're starting to lose elements of good design. RIP Jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back