「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 4, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #173,672 of 177,742
Yeah I've forgotten a lot of it as well, I should rewatch it some time...

Anyone see the BLAME! movie?
I saw the trailer on Netflix and thought the CGI was actually pretty well done. Might watch it.

Jun 5, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #173,673 of 177,742
Okay, I'll get you started. It's a bad idea to wash your mouth using ice cream because it contains a lot of sugar, which feeds bacteria that can cause tooth decay and lead to gum disease. The aim of brushing/flossing/rinsing is to reduce/remove these bacteria. For as long as I can remember, this dental hygiene trifecta was considered good every day, never bad. And sugar = bad for your teeth; at least this much is common knowledge.

I find using dental floss to remove bits of food that's stuck in between teeth then rinsing it out with mouthwash to be quite satisfying. Plus in the long run it makes dental checkups/cleanups less painful and bloody.

*has flashbacks of OreImo Kyousuke's inevitable fate with not-best girl*

@Attack on Titan S2 ep10: and to think that the events covered in this season only spans the several days immediately where S1 left off.
because this is absolutely on topic, let's do this.
sugar=bad. this one is a certainty at all times. (too bad for ice cream mouthwash, it tastes good^_^)
brush is conditional, it helps remove stuff on the teeth, but at the same time can damage the teeth if it's too hard, used too much, if toothpaste has giant diamonds in it... ideally a brush should only serve to gently remove recent food I guess. but is it better to hurt the tooth with the brush or to get dental plaque faster because we're too gentle with the brush? IDK. over the years a few guys started suggesting that 3 times a day was too much, many tried to have anything but the softest brushes removed from market. some say that the main impact of brushing is that it lets the fluorine in the toothpaste reach more areas on the teeth. and then we get into a new fun game. fluorine=good, but how much and what about the other stuff in the toothpaste? some oh irony, shouldn't be ingested at least as little as possible. so we should rinse correctly, but then less fluorine remains on the teeth... argh, what if I salivate too much?

mouthwash is the same, good and bad under conditions. good because the action is likely to get some food out. doing it with water is already a good idea TBH. then some also have fluorine and stuff, and we're back to the toothpaste questions. some attempt at reducing the existing plaque, those stuff are likely to also eat the teeth surface(always coca cola). some antibacterial stuff when used too often result in natural selection, the game. and the survivors might not be the ones we enjoy having being the host of. I'd go with basic fluorine stuff and avoid the 53effects-in-one kind.

floss: yes it's good to remove stuff stuck between the teeth, and once more there can be fluor or whatever on the floss and that's always cool for the teeth. then we ruin the gum because we should never have to force it in and anytime there is resistance, we end up hitting the gum and we shouldn't do that. the last stuff I read about floss said that there were no definite evidence it helped with tooth decay. and the guy more or less suggested that most people do it wrong anyway and should stop.

so what do we do? rinse mouth after eating, chew gum(sugarless kind), do gentle brushing... anything we want. what matters is not to let hours go by with sugar or food stuck somewhere. then go twice a year or so to the dentist for plaque. beyond that I honestly can't say with confidence if something is good or not for us or how much we should do it.
well now that I think about it, the main issue is about eating, so the best choice is to stop eating. problem solved! and here I was all pessimistic, saying I didn't know what to do. silly me.

Yeah I've forgotten a lot of it as well, I should rewatch it some time...

Anyone see the BLAME! movie?
I was expecting the actual "story" so that went down the drain. but people die, so I always enjoy that. and I stopped whining about the weird CGI after a few minutes, it's pretty well done and I liked the action scenes. I just hoped for more of the original style that I love so much I'm not even pissed when a book ends and there was no story.

Jun 5, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #173,674 of 177,742
I was expecting the actual "story" so that went down the drain. but people die, so I always enjoy that. and I stopped whining about the weird CGI after a few minutes, it's pretty well done and I liked the action scenes. I just hoped for more of the original style that I love so much I'm not even pissed when a book ends and there was no story.

Cute girls?

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #173,675 of 177,742
because this is absolutely on topic, let's do this.
sugar=bad. this one is a certainty at all times. (too bad for ice cream mouthwash, it tastes good^_^)
brush is conditional, it helps remove stuff on the teeth, but at the same time can damage the teeth if it's too hard, used too much, if toothpaste has giant diamonds in it... ideally a brush should only serve to gently remove recent food I guess. but is it better to hurt the tooth with the brush or to get dental plaque faster because we're too gentle with the brush? IDK. over the years a few guys started suggesting that 3 times a day was too much, many tried to have anything but the softest brushes removed from market. some say that the main impact of brushing is that it lets the fluorine in the toothpaste reach more areas on the teeth. and then we get into a new fun game. fluorine=good, but how much and what about the other stuff in the toothpaste? some oh irony, shouldn't be ingested at least as little as possible. so we should rinse correctly, but then less fluorine remains on the teeth... argh, what if I salivate too much?

mouthwash is the same, good and bad under conditions. good because the action is likely to get some food out. doing it with water is already a good idea TBH. then some also have fluorine and stuff, and we're back to the toothpaste questions. some attempt at reducing the existing plaque, those stuff are likely to also eat the teeth surface(always coca cola). some antibacterial stuff when used too often result in natural selection, the game. and the survivors might not be the ones we enjoy having being the host of. I'd go with basic fluorine stuff and avoid the 53effects-in-one kind.

floss: yes it's good to remove stuff stuck between the teeth, and once more there can be fluor or whatever on the floss and that's always cool for the teeth. then we ruin the gum because we should never have to force it in and anytime there is resistance, we end up hitting the gum and we shouldn't do that. the last stuff I read about floss said that there were no definite evidence it helped with tooth decay. and the guy more or less suggested that most people do it wrong anyway and should stop.

so what do we do? rinse mouth after eating, chew gum(sugarless kind), do gentle brushing... anything we want. what matters is not to let hours go by with sugar or food stuck somewhere. then go twice a year or so to the dentist for plaque. beyond that I honestly can't say with confidence if something is good or not for us or how much we should do it.
well now that I think about it, the main issue is about eating, so the best choice is to stop eating. problem solved! and here I was all pessimistic, saying I didn't know what to do. silly me.

It is on topic, it being 4th of June yesterday and all...watch Joshiraku and you'll know :yum:

The consensus is that flossing has no effect/is bad for you if done incorrectly. But that could be said for anything. That one study on whether or not flossing is good for you did note that the testing method was flawed, and that generally speaking:

"Interdental cleaning is proven to help remove debris between teeth that can contribute to plaque build-up."
"It's low risk, low cost. We know there's a possibility that it works, so we feel comfortable telling people to go ahead and do it."
"Flossing ... is an essential part of caring for your teeth and gums, and not some kind of 'nice to have' added extra."

So I suppose flossing/rinsing is proven to be good for your teeth much in the same way that chewing sugar-free gum is also proven to be good for your teeth. I can also say with confidence that flossing/rinsing is much better for your body than not eating.

For the record, being alive has a 100% chance of incurring death.

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #173,676 of 177,742
It is on topic, it being 4th of June yesterday and all...watch Joshiraku and you'll know :yum:

The consensus is that flossing has no effect/is bad for you if done incorrectly. But that could be said for anything. That one study on whether or not flossing is good for you did note that the testing method was flawed, and that generally speaking:

"Interdental cleaning is proven to help remove debris between teeth that can contribute to plaque build-up."
"It's low risk, low cost. We know there's a possibility that it works, so we feel comfortable telling people to go ahead and do it."
"Flossing ... is an essential part of caring for your teeth and gums, and not some kind of 'nice to have' added extra."

So I suppose flossing/rinsing is proven to be good for your teeth much in the same way that chewing sugar-free gum is also proven to be good for your teeth. I can also say with confidence that flossing/rinsing is much better for your body than not eating.

For the record, being alive has a 100% chance of incurring death.
eheh. reminds me of

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #173,677 of 177,742
Sooo... Started Re-Creators because it sounded kinda interesting and heard about a few neat things happening.
I enjoyed the first few episodes, but the later ones... meh (to put it kindly). Might be a series to watch just to sh.itpost about it after every episode.

Also, did I mention it's gonna be 22 episodes? I sure wouldn't guess, because it's paced like it was a standard 1-cour series and was going to end soon. Already had a turning point with a major character dying. Meanwhile, I think almost half of the cast is left unused - including the first girl and a pretty cool looking older guy (this definitely ain't no Psycho-Pass, where Masoka was my favorite character).
Definitely feels like a disappointment, especially coming from Rei Hiroe.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #173,680 of 177,742
Jun 5, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #173,682 of 177,742
Apple keynote time lads....wonder if there'll be any new hardware.
Pokemon Nintendo Direct tomorrow.
That's more relevant to my interests ♥

Jun 5, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #173,683 of 177,742
flying_ep11.png

Only one more episode left to finish rewatch Flying Witch >.<

So little happenings poi, yet so fulfilling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back