「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 22, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #171,931 of 177,740
Of coz. This isn't Apple's iOS. XD

I'll give it a few days to sink in though, it's only been 24 hours for me.

Yeah. Look at the upsides and see if it's worth it. Every time I flash a ROM, I have to give myself a month before I dare make a judgement. Some things seem really terrible at first but actually ends up being not to bad. :D

Now, if only TouchWiz wasn't as heavy and provided smoother typing on my S5 Neo...if only...

---------

How's the PC Building 101 going?

Entered the binge researching mode yet? :^D

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #171,933 of 177,740
Wow.... wine is amazing.... I haven't touched it until now because I've had a really bad time getting it work work back in high school.
It has sure gone a loooooonng way all these years, playing VNs on linux #JustWorks.
eek.gif

why am I wasting all my time trying to get VNs working on VMs.... silly me.

WHY..... why didn't I get 16GB RAM for my ultrabook...? (T_T)

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #171,937 of 177,740
Don't you dare get that CPU/MOBO when Ryzen is around the corner. =P

Ahahaha.

But really, please don't get those two, no matter what, even if Ryzen is 20 years away.

It's a dangerously poor performing/hot CPU that needs crazy hardware just to keep it from catching fire.

It's basically an extremely overclocked CPU that's based on an archaic architecture that should not exist any more, and to keep it overclocked at such high rates, you need a very beefy motherboard and a cooling solution just so it doesn't burn itself. Power draw is also insane. :frowning2:

It's really not worth it.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #171,939 of 177,740
How's the PC Building 101 going?

Entered the binge researching mode yet? :^D

The list only takes 10 minutes to put together.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qpgBxY

$250 for CPU, $150 for motherboard, $100 for case and there's still a few hundred in headroom below the $1.5k budget. There's little reason to spend it all especially given his uses. You can cover his uses with probably a $800-$1000 machine. $250 for a good monitor.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #171,940 of 177,740
Is there really really really a need for all those fans?

Also, will you be overclocking? It really doesn't do much and is more of a gimmick for enthusiasts to waste time on (no offence to overclocking enthusiasts. Just in real world applications, unless it's something like the 5820k which is clicked net low too begin with, overclocking with consumer grade unlocked chips usually doesn't do much). That way, you can save money on the mobo as well, as higher end mobos mainly offer overclocking stability and aesthetics anyways.

Keep in mind a black PC case reveals dust easily. If you have OCD like me, it might be better to just get a closed panel case. You will forget about the case's looks after some time anyways...Unless you have an windowed panel and your OCD will drive you mad with tweaking every single cable that is slightly off, cleaning all the dust and thus bumping the perfect cables, as well as craving for better aesthetics which will get you to buy hundred dollar custom cables with sexy sleeves...etc.

:wink:

Or you will just be a normal person and forget about it.

Ultrawide monitors are beautiful and cheap though... :0

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6m8H99/lg-monitor-29um67p

---------

I guess I can't find much reason not to choose the older y700 17 inch edition except for the uncertainly of the display.

Laptopmedia claims its screen has an sRGB coverage of 89%. Notebook Check says they measure only 85%. Mobile Tech Reviews mentions it's 92%, while Laptop Mag boasts a "117% coverage" of the sRGB spectrum.

:/ different screens...or severely different measuring tools that have no standard what so ever...

I was aiming for 95%+. Getting only 89% coverage is already pushing it... Really don't wanna pay so much and go through all this trouble to end up with a flickering screen with only 85% out less coverage of sRGB. :frowning2:

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #171,941 of 177,740
:/ different screens...or severely different measuring tools that have no standard what so ever...

I was aiming for 95%+. Getting only 89% coverage is already pushing it... Really don't wanna pay so much and go through all this trouble to end up with a flickering screen with only 85% out less coverage of sRGB.
frown.gif

Yeah they use whatever monitors are available on sale at the shenzen markets that week.

Hmm might be a good idea to get a decent cheap 100% sRGB monitor for critical home usage, and just live with the 85% for working on the go.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #171,942 of 177,740

Not bad. Not bad at all!

Whoa, just on looks alone that thing is amazing! 

So the OnePlus 3 got updated to use Nougat now. I don't like it. D:

The notifications are so fat and look like a cluster[screw] now.

Seriously. The notifications overlap one another.

Then, if you activate multi-tasking, you can scroll apps out of view only with 4 "cards" in view. Why would you do that??
(Note the Line app on the bottom, and the Settings app at the top)

Boom, disappear!

Rember the good 'ol days when you can activate it and be like "oh, I have like 9 apps open now"?

Are the notifications that much thicker than before? You know you can now swipe down with two fingers on a notification to go extra stuff, like delete emails individually and whatnot right?

That seems like a tradeoff for actually viewing what was going on in a previous app versus just seeing the name of the app. Also the LINE app is at the bottom because in theory you wouldn't hit the multitasking button just to go right back to the app you were just using. Also hitting that button again will bring you to your second-to-last used app which personally I find pretty useful. 

@EDC: 'Murica. I guess I do carry a knife every day in hindsight. XD

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #171,943 of 177,740
My Mi5 now also has Android 7 and I don't get any of the stuff Mice is complaining about.
My notifications look the same and I can't even find this dual screen app thing (not that i'm really looking for it because I don't see myself using that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back