☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 17, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #4,862 of 5,932
Dec 18, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #4,863 of 5,932

Reading the MOJO manual it appears the only way to hook it up to the LC is the 3.5 SE output unless I am missing something. Will wait to see what you find out.

Yes, you are correct. There is no possibility to output a balanced signal from the Mojo. Rob Watts, the designer of the Mojo, has said that with his analogue out implementation that balanced would actually hinder the sound quality. @Currawong recently posted on the subject in the Mojo thread. The beauty of the Liquid Carbon is the way it handles SE input and having tested it myself I see no need to fret about using balanced input vs SE input at all.

Yeah, it sounded fine through the SE input anyhow. It's the balanced output you really want to be using over the SE. 

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #4,864 of 5,932
Got my shipment notification!
Number 490 will find a new home on Monday
biggrin.gif

Nice. Got my shipping notice as well. Or least the shipping label is created, expected to ship tomorrow so we'll see. If it does it's expected to be delivered by Monday. 
Number 492 here :)  Order 1217

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #4,865 of 5,932
Order #959 ready to roll out. Didn't get a serial number though.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #4,867 of 5,932
Dec 18, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #4,868 of 5,932
Order #941, and still no news about shipment, although I did shipping address confirmation on Dec. 9th, and was promised my order would ship in the week of Dec. 14th.  If orders # 959, 1215, and 1217 have received their shipping notices, then why haven't I (#941) received my notice as yet?

For the first time, I am feeling rather mistreated by cavalli audio, and getting mighty p*ssed when I look inside my inbox and there is no notice.... 

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #4,869 of 5,932
Got my shipping notice & tracking number for order #1211 !
It's got a long way to travel (via USPS) but hopefully I'll see it before the end of the year!

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #4,870 of 5,932
Got my shipping notice & tracking number for order #1211 !
It's got a long way to travel (via USPS) but hopefully I'll see it before the end of the year!

mine is 1209 though it says "Order Number: PP1209a"   which means 1209??

hope i will get my shipping notice today :' )

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #4,871 of 5,932
  Order #941, and still no news about shipment, although I did shipping address confirmation on Dec. 9th, and was promised my order would ship in the week of Dec. 14th.  If orders # 959, 1215, and 1217 have received their shipping notices, then why haven't I (#941) received my notice as yet?

For the first time, I am feeling rather mistreated by cavalli audio, and getting mighty p*ssed when I look inside my inbox and there is no notice.... 

I'm in the same boat with order #1139. All I can say is: calm down. You'll get your amp. Not a big deal.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #4,872 of 5,932

I'm in the same boat with order #1139. All I can say is: calm down. You'll get your amp. Not a big deal.

Well, you have seen the numbers...  There is definitely some inexplicable weirdness (not to mention "injustice") going on there which is not typical with the way Cavalli Audio seems to treat their customers normally...  So may I ask what explains your "calmness" and zen, and why you do not think i should be righteously outraged?

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #4,873 of 5,932
Serial #258 landed and burning in. However, anyone else having serious channel imbalance? Below 9 o'clock very bad and right channel will not go to zero, while left channel does. Always can hear the right channel on 1x and 3x output. Pretty sure that's not in the range of acceptable? Hate to send it away because it sounds so good...

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #4,874 of 5,932
Well, you have seen the numbers...  There is definitely some inexplicable weirdness (not to mention "injustice") going on there which is not typical with the way Cavalli Audio seems to treat their customers normally...  So may I ask what explains your "calmness" and zen, and why you do not think i should be righteously outraged?

Orders are being shipped out by courier/destination and not by numerical sequence. The shipping is also handled by the manufacturer and not directly Cavalli Audio.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #4,875 of 5,932

Because maybe your amp had final QA / QC issues and needed to be pulled. Perhaps the replacement part is in shipping purgatory because the manufacturing team runs a lean production line and the holiday rush is slowing the supply chain down. I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate reasons that amps aren't shipping according to order number. Besides, I wouldn't mistake the order number for a place in a queue - it's just for identification purposes.

I ordered about a month and a half ago, so maybe you've been waiting longer than me. I sympathize, I really do - but this isn't a matter of life or death. (Well, at least to most outside observers.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back