☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 6, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #4,456 of 5,932
Hi guys, my LC is arriving soon and I don't have a balanced cable for my HD 650. But my finances are a 'vacuum' right now so I'm really hoping to find one either dirt-cheap or as a trade.

Does any of you have an extra balanced cable that's compatible with the Senn. HD 5xx or 6xx series? If so please PM me for a possible trade - I have bunches of extra tubes and 1-2 headphones I wouldn't mind parting with. Otherwize any super cheap links to buy one would be cool. Thanks

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #4,457 of 5,932

I'm hoping the Hugo is good with the LC... It's what I am planning on using with mine when it gets here.
beyersmile.png

Well, we know the Hugo is good. The question is, will the LC provide a meaningful boost to the sound versus the Hugo itself? Many on the Hugo thread would say no, because the built-in amp on the Hugo is just the analog stage of the DAC itself, so all you are doing is adding a layer of distortion. I have no idea about the validity of this because all that technical stuff is way above my head.
tongue.gif

Either way, I'm looking forward to my LC very much. 

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #4,458 of 5,932

...I want to move things up a few notches and, in addition to the LC, have bought an Emotiva Stealth DAC. I'm also likely to purchase the FiiO X7 or Onkyo DP-X1 DAP at some point.

I need a closed-back over-ear headphone that is comfortable to wear for extended periods. Aesthetics aren't particularly important, but I'd like something that can be at least seen in public (on the train, not walking about)....

I am a huge fan of the PM-3's.  I did sell them to do some gear juggling - very likely to the Ether C and a couple of other things.  I will repurchase the PM-3's again.  Great $400-ish closed headphone for travel, out and about, and for good, solid mid-fi listening.  I had the PM-3 and the Alpha Prime at the same time.  At full price for the Prime, (before the big discounts to make room for the Ethers) the Primes were better, but definitely not almost $600 better.  Not $300 better either.  The PM-3 is a really good headphone, and hits my sound signature pretty well.  YMMV, of course.

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #4,459 of 5,932
Hi guys, my LC is arriving soon and I don't have a balanced cable for my HD 650. But my finances are a 'vacuum' right now so I'm really hoping to find one either dirt-cheap or as a trade.

Does any of you have an extra balanced cable that's compatible with the Senn. HD 5xx or 6xx series? If so please PM me for a possible trade - I have bunches of extra tubes and 1-2 headphones I wouldn't mind parting with. Otherwize any super cheap links to buy one would be cool. Thanks

I picked this one up for my hd-565s and no complaints:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2QJLY8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #4,461 of 5,932

Well, we know the Hugo is good. The question is, will the LC provide a meaningful boost to the sound versus the Hugo itself? Many on the Hugo thread would say no, because the built-in amp on the Hugo is just the analog stage of the DAC itself, so all you are doing is adding a layer of distortion. I have no idea about the validity of this because all that technical stuff is way above my head.
tongue.gif

Either way, I'm looking forward to my LC very much. 

Oh,  I thought you had your LC already, hopefully it won't be much longer
smily_headphones1.gif

I do love my Hugo as well...  I've read a lot about the Hugo DAC/Amp stage in the Mojo thread as well, and most say you are only degrading the signal when externally amping the Hugo/Mojo.   That being said when I have tried my HE-500 or Alhpa Dogs out of my Hugo I wasn't really happy with them, as they seemed to be lacking dynamics as opposed to using Hugo as a DAC to my BHA-1. Call it distortion or call it coloured, but it definitely sounded better to my ears when externally amped.   Most of my earphones and easier to drive headphones sound great directly out of the Hugo though.

I'm really looking forward to receiving my Carbon as well and  I'm hoping it will also play well with my IEM's.

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #4,463 of 5,932
Fostex TH-X00 discussion, as well as posts about other headphones that followed up, has been moved to the main thread about it.

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #4,464 of 5,932
Thanks for all the pointers on headphones - gives me plenty to mull over.

I'll follow up in the appropriate threads. - will help pass the time waiting for that dispatch email from Cavalli :)

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #4,465 of 5,932
Dec 7, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #4,466 of 5,932
Are they officially sold out?

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #4,467 of 5,932
I saw where Cavalli wanted to have all amps shipped by the end of December.  I think it was on their sponsored page.

Would anybody like to post their order number and if they got their amp yet.  Maybe we can tell how far things are along.  my order number is 1204  ordered dec 4th.  Like many here cant wait to get mine.   

musicguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back