☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Oct 13, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #931 of 1,260
I am scheduled for a FedEx drop on the 18th...

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #932 of 1,260
I admire your enthusiasm, this is clearly driven by your appreciation of the brand.
If it happened to me I would probably be less enthusiastic for the quick response and more concerned about why a defective amp (if this is the case of course) has been even shipped to begin with.
No attack here guys, just sharing my thoughts after reading the post.
I am sure that the trust comes from the excellent brand reputation.

Nothing is perfect, even with the best testing.  Being upset or angry wouldn't help the situation and they are making it right, no questions asked with shipping being paid both ways.  I thank Alex for the quick response.  The only disappointment, and it's not a complaint, is not being able to listen to it while it's being repaired.  It's just a price/performance champ!

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #933 of 1,260
Mine arrived today, had a quick listen to make sure it's working, now sitting headphone-less moving musical electrons from an alternate source for the next 150h until it's ready for a bakeoff with my Schiit Jotunheim. Love the small size, which looks perfect for my desk at work...

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #936 of 1,260
Received my Liquid Carbon 2.0 today -- to anyone who has received theirs, can you tell me how you got the Amarra Hifi software that was supposed to be included? I checked through all the contents of the box and I haven't been able to find the software or license or anything...

Sounding good though!

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #937 of 1,260
  Received my Liquid Carbon 2.0 today -- to anyone who has received theirs, can you tell me how you got the Amarra Hifi software that was supposed to be included? I checked through all the contents of the box and I haven't been able to find the software or license or anything...

Sounding good though!

See post #907. Sounding great 
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #938 of 1,260
So...mine has been burning in non-stop since 5:30 PM on Friday.  I listened to it for a few hours on Saturday and all was fine; however, I just plugged in 2 different pairs of headphones and I seem to be having a problem.  With the volume turned all the way down, the left channel has audio coming out of it while the right channel is silent.  As I begin to turn the volume knob, the right channel progresses from silent, into a channel imbalance, then matches the left channel at roughly 9 o'clock.  Have I driven it for too long without interruption?  It is currently turned off and I shall see if giving it a rest restores it to normal operation.  Anyone else doing the burn-in experience this?

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #939 of 1,260
  So...mine has been burning in non-stop since 5:30 PM on Friday.  I listened to it for a few hours on Saturday and all was fine; however, I just plugged in 2 different pairs of headphones and I seem to be having a problem.  With the volume turned all the way down, the left channel has audio coming out of it while the right channel is silent.  As I begin to turn the volume knob, the right channel progresses from silent, into a channel imbalance, then matches the left channel at roughly 9 o'clock.  Have I driven it for too long without interruption?  It is currently turned off and I shall see if giving it a rest restores it to normal operation.  Anyone else doing the burn-in experience this?

Just tested, I don't get that problem, but I heard a bit of noise on the left channel when moving the volume, until 9 o'clock or so. Hum...

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #942 of 1,260
The volume pot is turned all the way down.  There should be no audio coming out of either channel at that point.  The sound coming out of the left channel is what you would expect with the pot set to the 9 o'clock position.  That most certainly is not common.

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #943 of 1,260
  The volume pot is turned all the way down.  There should be no audio coming out of either channel at that point.  The sound coming out of the left channel is what you would expect with the pot set to the 9 o'clock position.  That most certainly is not common.

What impedence are your headphones?  Are you using single-ended or balanced out?

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #944 of 1,260
Balanced all the way from my Gumby to the headphone.  I've used LCD2.2s, HE-500s, and Alpha Dogs.  All using different headphone cables, all terminated with 4-pin XLR connectors.  After all those I even plugged in a pair of HD598s which are single-ended...same result.  Prior to this evening the amp functioned correctly.  I just sent an email to Cavalli.  Let's see what they say.

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #945 of 1,260
  Balanced all the way from my Gumby to the headphone.  I've used LCD2.2s, HE-500s, and Alpha Dogs.  All using different headphone cables, all terminated with 4-pin XLR connectors.  After all those I even plugged in a pair of HD598s which are single-ended...same result.  Prior to this evening the amp functioned correctly.  I just sent an email to Cavalli.  Let's see what they say.

yep sounds like you have a faulty unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back