☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 5, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #181 of 1,260
I'm no lawyer, but here are the California rules for contests.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/u-3.shtml

While I'm not sure the golden ticket is even legal, I am pretty sure Cavalli needs to disclose the odds of winning.

Also, I think the only way to make it not a lottery is to allow people to enter the contest with out paying.

Sorry.

Uh oh, I remember this from Massdrop lol.  

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #182 of 1,260
14-16 weeks, not days
wink.gif

Oh, I was commenting about the pre-order close date.  It has the 13 days left until pre-orders close but when you read in the description it says May 5th is the last day to get your order in.  So I'm like ummm.  Is there a certain amount or is it made to order?

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #183 of 1,260
Oh, I was commenting about the pre-order close date.  It has the 13 days left until pre-orders close but when you read in the description it says May 5th is the last day to get your order in.

ah i see, me bad,sorry. i got mixed up, i thought the pre-orders end today, but its april.. lol

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #185 of 1,260

Lol yeah, the "what cable for LC?" Thread was a bit of a surprise. I didn't A/B any cords, but there were some interesting posts about the age-old debate. Loved the one pic of the LC using a power cable so thick and heavy it lifted the front of the amp up off the table!

Point is there probably was an age-old thread already dedicated to the question.

I think that was @Hansotek's Pangea cable.  I bet he still has the pic somewhere.  I'd love to see it again just for the lulz.

Ha! I've mentioned it, but I don't have a picture of it lifting the LC. It's true though, I needed to put the BMB on top of the LC to hold it down, otherwise the AC-9 will just leave the amp dangling in the air. FWIW, in spite of its insanely impractical stiffness, the AC-9 sounded fantastic.

I did post a pic of me trying to press it flat on the table when it was plugged into the LAu, though.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #186 of 1,260
  The Audioquest NRG-X3 that they are including is the power cable I've been using with my Liquid Carbon. It is a very nice piece for $99, and getting one for free is a pretty slick bonus. People who have been hanging out in the LC threads have probably heard me yammer on about the nice improvements I found with the Carbon while experimenting with a few different power cables. The NRG-X3 has a low noise floor, excellent treble clarity, strong separation and rich microdynamics. It opens up the sound in a subtle, but really nice way (in my humble opinion, of course). The build quality is also top notch. 

Can anyone comment on the Audioquest power cable that's part of this deal? Does it really improve anything, etc.?

See the quote above from earlier in the thread.

Oh, I was commenting about the pre-order close date.  It has the 13 days left until pre-orders close but when you read in the description it says May 5th is the last day to get your order in.  So I'm like ummm.  Is there a certain amount or is it made to order?

That counter is for preorders on the big amps.  I can see how that would be confusing... I suspect @warrenpchi will do something about it once he sees this.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #187 of 1,260

The 13 days left to order at the top of the Cavalli web page is in regards to ordering a Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold, Liquid Lightning 2 and Liquid Lightnig 2T.

The Liquid Carbon is on sale until 11:59 PM May 5, 2016.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #190 of 1,260
  Am I understanding this correctly. After this run of Carbons, and after that 13 day countdown, Cavalli will no longer be selling equipment?

The Liquid Spark will be for sale next.  They haven't announced anything after that, though presumably the Liquid Tungsten will be coming down the pipes sooner or later...

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #191 of 1,260
  Am I understanding this correctly. After this run of Carbons, and after that 13 day countdown, Cavalli will no longer be selling equipment?

Nope. This is just the last run of their current products. The Spark is near the end of development and there is a whole new line of Cavalli products coming in the future.

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #193 of 1,260

Ha! I've mentioned it, but I don't have a picture of it lifting the LC. It's true though, I needed to put the BMB on top of the LC to hold it down, otherwise the AC-9 will just leave the amp dangling in the air. FWIW, in spite of its insanely impractical stiffness, the AC-9 sounded fantastic.

I did post a pic of me trying to press it flat on the table when it was plugged into the LAu, thoug

Not to hijack this thread, but - what's a BMB?

While I haven't tried the Pangea cables with Liquid anything (patiently waiting for my LAu order this fall!), I do second the improvement over stock cables. Agree about the stiffness of the AC-9. I compromised and only used the AC-9 from the wall to my Dectet power center. Using AC-14SE Mk II for all my head gear. 

Do you have a link to your posts (or the thread) regarding the "free" AQ NRG-X3 cable? Would be curious to see how it compared to the Pangea.

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #194 of 1,260

I did post a pic of me trying to press it flat on the table when it was plugged into the LAu, thoug

While I haven't tried the Pangea cables with Liquid anything (patiently waiting for my LAu order this fall!), I do second the improvement over stock cables. Agree about the stiffness of the AC-9. I compromised and only used the AC-9 from the wall to my Dectet power center. Using AC-14SE Mk II for all my head gear. 

Do you have a link to your posts (or the thread) regarding the "free" AQ NRG-X3 cable? Would be curious to see how it compared to the Pangea.

Should be this one

http://www.audioquest.com/power-cables/nrg-x3

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #195 of 1,260

Bitfrost Multibit. I was wondering as well until i looked at his sig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back