☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 5, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #136 of 1,260
  Okay guys, here we go!  
smile.gif

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/products/liquid-carbon
beerchug.gif

Very smart, 14 days, power cord options for regions, and xxl shirts for the fatties like myself...

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #139 of 1,260
  They should have sticked to original 599 price and make the power chord optional.

The $799 price is what they need to make this run viable. The power cord was offered via a deal with Audioquest to lessen the blow of the price increase. The power cord is not the reason the price is now higher. This information is in the first post.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #140 of 1,260
  They should have sticked to original 599 price and make the power chord optional.

The second run would not have been $599 even without the power cable because the first batch was sold at a loss. They said that if there was a second batch it would be more expensive well before the first batch went live.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #142 of 1,260

Got mine.  That bus to the poor house is on it's way!
eek.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #144 of 1,260
Order placed!.....for my second Liquid Carbon:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #147 of 1,260
  There was no need to cancel the golden ticket promotion Knee jerk reaction to a jerk, Doubt he was serious about buying one anyway. 

First off, I don't appreciate the ad hominem language. I already apologized.

Second, I'm pretty sure Warren was joking, hence all the smiling faces.

Oh, and I already purchased a LC, so you are right, I'm probably not going to buy a second one. I might upgrade, but still deciding. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #148 of 1,260

Updates & Errata

Please note:  As of 11:25a (Central Time) on April 5th, 2016, the Golden Tickets portion of the offer above has been cancelled indefinitely. Details to follow in the thread.  Thanks in advance for your understanding!  
smile.gif

Oh, and I already purchased a LC, so you are right, I'm probably not going to buy a second one. I might upgrade, but still deciding. 

Doesn't look like he was joking.  That seems pretty cut and dry to me.  (It needs to be, for legal reasons.)

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #150 of 1,260

Updates & Errata

Please note:  As of 11:25a (Central Time) on April 5th, 2016, the Golden Tickets portion of the offer above has been cancelled indefinitely. Details to follow in the thread.  Thanks in advance for your understanding!  
smile.gif

Doesn't look like he was joking.  That seems pretty cut and dry to me.  (It needs to be, for legal reasons.)

Well, it appear the applicable Texas code is

BUSINESS AND COMMERCE CODE
TITLE 13.  CONTESTS AND OTHER PROMOTIONS
CHAPTER 622.  SWEEPSTAKES
SUBCHAPTER A.  GENERAL PROVISIONS

The bad news:

Sec. 622.101.  CONNECTING SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY OR OPERATION TO ORDER OR PURCHASE.  (a)  A person conducting a sweepstakes may not use a mechanism for entering the sweepstakes that:
(1)  has any connection to ordering or purchasing a good or service;

The good news

Sec. 622.060.  AUDIOVISUAL ENTERTAINMENT WORK, PRODUCT, OR SOUND RECORDING.  This chapter does not apply to a company if 75 percent or more of the company's business is:
(1)  the systematic development, planning, and execution of creating audiovisual entertainment works, products, or sound recordings; and
(2)  the distribution, sale, and marketing of those works, products, or recordings.

First off, one doesn't want to run afoul of Texas law. They take that stuff seriously down there.

Second off, it appears that Cavalli probably qualifies for the exception under 622.060. Might be a stretch, but certainly one could argue that.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back