☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 5, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #121 of 1,260
ROFL I can really appreciate that. Happy listening! 
darthsmile.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #122 of 1,260
So, on a lighter note, will we see DDOS 2.0 this time around?

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #123 of 1,260
  Hi guys!  
smile.gif

First of all, thanks to @Allanmarcus for pointing out the ramifications of the Golden Tickets.

Of course, for us, this was most certainly not a sweepstakes or anything of the sort.  We just wanted to celebrate the outgoing Carbon with a bang by doing something cool.  But we also don't want to (even if inadvertently) do anything that even remotely runs afoul of any ordinances.  So as of this moment, the Golden Tickets are cancelled indefinitely.  Sorry for the trouble.  
redface.gif

That said, Alex is conferring with our attorneys today to see if there is any way that we can feasibly revive the Golden Tickets.  So let's all keep our fingers crossed fellas!  
smile.gif

Again, we'd like to thank @Allanmarcus for doing what he could to make sure that we're in compliance here.

That's a bummer :frowning2:

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #124 of 1,260
  Hi guys!  
smile.gif

First of all, thanks to @Allanmarcus for pointing out the ramifications of the Golden Tickets.

Of course, for us, this was most certainly not a sweepstakes or anything of the sort.  We just wanted to celebrate the outgoing Carbon with a bang by doing something cool.  But we also don't want to (even if inadvertently) do anything that even remotely runs afoul of any ordinances.  So as of this moment, the Golden Tickets are cancelled indefinitely.  Sorry for the trouble.  
redface.gif

That said, Alex is conferring with our attorneys today to see if there is any way that we can feasibly revive the Golden Tickets.  So let's all keep our fingers crossed fellas!  
smile.gif

Again, we'd like to thank @Allanmarcus for doing what he could to make sure that we're in compliance here.

Massdrop does this kind of "Golden Ticket" thing all the time.  It might be worth contacting Will to see how they handle the legalities.

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #126 of 1,260

Massdrop does this kind of "Golden Ticket" thing all the time.  It might be worth contacting Will to see how they handle the legalities.

Not only that, but IIRC the prizes available depend on how many people buy in to the drop. But then, the whole drop is essentially a lottery giveaway, since you're not guaranteed to get any single product. You have the chance to get one of several products offered in the drop, and then there are additional bonuses added on top based on how many people join the drop.

Here's a current example of what gortman was talking about: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-blue-box-nuforce-hem-iems

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #127 of 1,260

Thanks for ruining it for everyone.
Good job

Actually, my hope is two fold. One, keep Cavalli out of trouble, and two find out what the odds of winning are.

Hey guys, I just wanted to add one point of clarification here... there is no way we can possibly know the exact odds of winning, because we don't know how many orders there will be, and thus don't know how many Carbons will ship.  It'd be great if I had the power to see the future - in which case I can imagine how my life would be very different right now - but I don't.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #129 of 1,260

Massdrop wouldn't be the ones to ask because they are based in San Francisco and subject to California business law. Cavalli Audio is based in Texas and are have to follow different guidelines. The best course of action for Cavalli is what they've done - pull the contest and seek legal advice in Texas.

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #130 of 1,260

Hey guys, I just wanted to add one point of clarification here... there is no way we can possibly know the exact odds of winning, because we don't know how many orders there will be, and thus don't know how many Carbons will ship.  It'd be great if I had the power to see the future - in which case I can imagine how my life would be very different right now - but I don't.  
biggrin.gif

Does that mean this is an open-ended run for the duration of the sale period? Or is there a maximum cap at which point you'll stop taking orders even if the allotted time hasn't elapsed?

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #133 of 1,260

Users who are viewing this thread

Back