☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 5, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #76 of 1,260
Apr 5, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #78 of 1,260
I don't know about this "upgrade" talk.  Wouldn't spending the same $200 on balanced cables accomplish the same exact thing?  If not more so since now the same headphone can access the amp's full power?

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #80 of 1,260
does anybody know how many amps will be sold in this run? my fingers are itchy... do you think the amp would work well with a Audeze LCD XC? 

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #81 of 1,260
does anybody know how many amps will be sold in this run? my fingers are itchy... do you think the amp would work well with a Audeze LCD XC? 

The XC sounds great with the Liquid Carbon!

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #82 of 1,260
2am SG time, however i have been waiting too long for this 
atsmile.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #83 of 1,260
I'm no lawyer, but here are the California rules for contests.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/u-3.shtml

While I'm not sure the golden ticket is even legal, I am pretty sure Cavalli needs to disclose the odds of winning.

Also, I think the only way to make it not a lottery is to allow people to enter the contest with out paying.

Sorry.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #84 of 1,260
The new price is only 50 dollars lest than a Schiit Mojo2 which is also balance and single end, and it can run tube or solid state.  I was waiting for this announcement so I could get a Carbon to pair with my Gumby for significantly cheaper than a new Mojo2, but now I'm not sure 50 dollars is worth is, especially since I won't have tubes.  Anybody want to talk me out of it?  Reddog, you've got both, which would pair better with a Gumby?

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #85 of 1,260
Very cool announcement. Given the new price, I'd be somewhat torn between the LC and something like mjolnir 2 for $50 more. If you need a small footprint or a transportable then it's not really debatable. 

I admit that I secretly hoped that the new LC would have a separate LPS type PSU for around $1k. Even so this is compelling. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #86 of 1,260

While I'm not sure the golden ticket is even legal, I am pretty sure Cavelli needs to disclose the odds of winning.

Also, I think the only way to make it not a lottery is to allow people to enter the contest with out paying.

Sorry.

Wow.  Really??

Let me ask you, what do you think is the more likely outcome of your post:  a) Cavalli consults a lawyer, updates the contest with a bunch of legalese, then gives anyone in the world get a free Liquid Gold for nothing or b) Cavalli cancels the "golden ticket" part of the promotion because they're a small company without the resources to deal with legal threats?

Go on, I'll let you think about it for a few minutes.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #87 of 1,260
  The new price is only 50 dollars lest than a Schiit Mojo2 which is also balance and single end, and it can run tube or solid state.  I was waiting for this announcement so I could get a Carbon to pair with my Gumby for significantly cheaper than a new Mojo2, but now I'm not sure 50 dollars is worth is, especially since I won't have tubes.  Anybody want to talk me out of it?  Reddog, you've got both, which would pair better with a Gumby?

The MJ2 sounds very different, with or without tubes.  If you're looking for a reason to get one over the other, I suggest listening to both before deciding.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #88 of 1,260

While I'm not sure the golden ticket is even legal, I am pretty sure Cavelli needs to disclose the odds of winning.

Sorry.

Wow.  Really??

Let me ask you, what do you think is the more likely outcome of your post:  a) Cavalli consults a lawyer, updates the contest with a bunch of legalese, then gives anyone in the world get a free Liquid Gold for nothing or b) Cavalli cancels the "golden ticket" part of the promotion because they're a small company without the resources to deal with legal threats?

Go on, I'll let you think about it for a few minutes.

My hope is that cavelli operates within the law. Are you suggesting they break the law?

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #89 of 1,260

The MJ2 sounds very different, with or without tubes.  If you're looking for a reason to get one over the other, I suggest listening to both before deciding.

Can you outline the difference in sound between them?

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #90 of 1,260

I agree with Stillhart, the MJ2 sounds a lot different than the LC. I the MJ2, with NOS Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes sounds very nice, with good bass, sweet textured mids, wi t h just a touch of edginess. The bass on the LC is a little softer but the mids seem a tad sweeter, smoother. However I got the LC because it is transportable. I have used it on the road once already, far easier using the LC, than using my other balanced solid-state amp, the mighty Ragnarock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back