€500 budget for new headphone to pair with Fiio x7
Dec 13, 2015 at 9:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rdsreference

100+ Head-Fier
Hi as we speak i await my Fiio x7 which should land next week. Ok so i want to replace my headphones and i dont have a massive budget. I am strongly considering the Sennheiser HD 630 vb as I strongly believe they dont make a bad product. I am also considering one of the Cheaper planar magnetic cans or a brand that i have a huge respect for audio technica. I live in Ireland so auditioning hi end cans is virtually impossible. Any suggestions at this point are throughly welcome. I like a wide soundstage with accurate stereo imagaging and controlled bass with a nice bottom end i do like my bass a little loose whilst retaining its timing. l have a set of HD 600s for years and a set of Momentum on ears for portability. I can actually buy a pair of new HD 700S for the same cost as the HD 630 vbs so i must say this was also tempting. Thanks Guys.

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 4
Are you looking for a portable headphone?

The Audioquest Nighthawk is very lightweight and comfortable with great bass but it's semi closed so leakage may be a slight problem. Sonically it ticks all the boxes-great soundstage, great bass that very tight and very musical. It's also very easy to drive so you won't need as headphone amp, although if you do get a headphone amp it scales very well.

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 4
I suppose portabilty is a help if i did decide to use on the move but not a pre requisite as i have Momentum on ears for that job. In regard to leakage i have a set of *HD 600s and boy do these leak so surely they wouldnt be as bad as those. Ill check these out and thank you

R

Dec 13, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 4
I love Sennheiser. Their HD600 and Momentum 2 give me great pleasure. That 630 does look nice.

But I would strongly consider the Oppo PM-3. Those are ranked extremely high on Head-fi. I haven't heard them myself, yet from the reviews they are great for mobile, and scale tremendously with proper amping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back