±§Ç¸ÎÒÖªµÀСӢ¹úÈË --who ever come to china (Large Pictures)
Jun 8, 2002 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

SuAnnan

Head-Fier
WHO ever come to china ?
who knows china ?
what you think about China?
1020841493148-4864_IMG.JPG
1020841605148-4865_IMG.JPG
1020841771148-4839_IMG.JPG
1020853030PICT8415.jpg
1020775658DSC00223.JPG
1020776228DSC00252.JPG
1009948772waitan_night_04.jpg

Jun 8, 2002 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 28
Hi SuAnnan
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't say that i've ever been to China, but... if I put this into the general discussion forum maybe other people who have been there will see your thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice pictures btw
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2002 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 28
Hi, SuAnnan! I'm sitting here looking at a National Geographic world map that my grandmother gave me, and it seems to look like China is pretty much on the other side of the world.
If I take a 2 to 4 hour drive north towards Wisconsin, and Michigan the trees seem to look very different, so it really shouldn't surprise me that vegetation looks different in China.
One thing is for sure, as much as I am going to pay for my next pair of interconnects they should be as big as that snake.
I think the internet is a wonderful tool to bring all of us together like this. Very COOL!
cool.gif

Jun 8, 2002 at 2:03 PM Post #5 of 28
Here we go again...

Jun 8, 2002 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 28
Someday I hope to take a trip around asia...including Taiwan, China, and Japan. My father goes to Hong Kong nearly every year for business. He seems to like it.

Jun 8, 2002 at 5:27 PM Post #7 of 28
I don't really care for the politics of the country. That said I don't like the politics here in the US either.

China should free Tibet and stop meddling in the cultural affairs there and let HH the Dali Lama return to lead his people.

China should also stop imprisoning those that have a different view than those in power. At least that's one freedom I *do* have here in the US. The FBI might spy on me but at least I won't be locked-up and tortured for having a disenting view. However, I probably would be if I were of arab desent.

Boy, I'm just full of all kinds of opinions today!

Jun 8, 2002 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 28
I definately agree with Nezer, soem stuff over there are totally screwed.

I looove that sky-line tho!
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 28
I often dream of visiting China, particularly Hong Kong. In the nineties, I spent several semesters teaching English to Chinese students, which is what endeared me most to the idea of visiting. Before I taught, I had no problems with Chinese people. Since then, I've grown to see Chinese people as family. The grizzled former radio announcer from Guangzhou who now sells me green tea and herbal medicines, the shy and slightly pock-marked waitress in the vegetarian restaurant on Mott Street, the programmer from Hong Kong, the fashionable-looking guy from Shanghai who sells me minidisc recorders, the immaculately manicured second-gen lawyer on Wall Street, the tall long-haired hipster DJ who works at Etherea and is kinder than anyone else there -- they don't even have to like me for me to be fond of them. I'm always thrilled to see Chinese culture permeate the States.

A professor friend of mine named Larry McCaffery taught at a Chinese university one year and actually risked his own life to help smuggle dissident students out of the country. He is a respected editor who spends more time promoting the work of other writers than he does promoting himself. The rest of us might brag about books we've written, but Larry is better than all of us because he's saved people's lives.

But back to my teaching days. One of my students was a forty-something man who had spent his life working in the fields. He had trouble with English initially and kept saying things like "I stupid." I spent time with him privately and actually taught him to write poetry. By the end of the semester, he could write beautiful essays that conveyed an infectious warmth and revealed his gift for vivid imagery. This is from one of them: "When I arrived in America for the first time, it was nightfall. I looked down from our plane and the highways were rivers of stars."

At graduation, my student, whose name was Ming, could barely look at me. "I will be missing you," he said. What he didn't say was that he had given up living in America and was going back to China. I have often wondered what happened to him. And though I dream of going to China for other reasons, perhaps if I visit, I'll try to look him up.

Jun 9, 2002 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 28
I spent some time in Hong Kong before the lease expired. Very interesting city.

Other than that, though, I haven't been to China proper unless you count some of the mainland areas outside of Hong Kong that I visited brieflly. They could use a few pointers on general sanitation, but hey, no one says human waste flowing down the side of the road is a bad thing. Do they?

kerelybonto

Jun 9, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #11 of 28
I don't believe in coincidences,and i am aware that there are millions of Chinese people live in the earth. But here, i hate to say it's a big surprise to encounter such a beautiful Chinese gril at a corner of English world
smily_headphones1.gif
Nice to meet ya on line!!!!!
And i strongly recommend those of you who have never been to mainland China to get a chance to travel to the ancient oriental world of mystery. An unforgetful experience will always remind you~~~~
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #12 of 28
I don't believe in coincidences,and i am aware that there are millions of Chinese people live in the earth. But here, i hate to say it's a big surprise to encounter such a beautiful Chinese gril at a corner of English world
smily_headphones1.gif
Nice to meet ya on line!!!!!
And i strongly recommend those of you who have never been to mainland China to get a chance to travel to the ancient oriental world of mystery. An unforgetful experience will always remind you~~~~
tongue.gif
wink.gif

P.S ÎÒµÄQQºÅÊÇ£º26585448
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 5:26 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
I spent some time in Hong Kong before the lease expired. Very interesting city.

Other than that, though, I haven't been to China proper unless you count some of the mainland areas outside of Hong Kong that I visited brieflly. They could use a few pointers on general sanitation, but hey, no one says human waste flowing down the side of the road is a bad thing. Do they?

kerelybonto

my oicq 53590616

Jun 9, 2002 at 5:43 AM Post #14 of 28
mmmmm.. haha

there is such things as pm to commune personally.

China is changing very fast, the country and the people. It's one of the few countries that still has alot of its own culture before western influences(not the capital city!). definitely worthy of a visit.

ps: make sure you do a trip down Australia too.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 5:50 AM Post #15 of 28
Yes, I'd love to really get into China some time. Gotta find someone that speaks Chinese. ...

taoster, spent about a month in Australia a while back. Somehow I really didn't see much of the country, though -- just Sidney and Melbourne and a lot of Tazmania, mostly. Nice place, though. I have some good Australian friends, too, from living in the Pacific ... ya know, we English-speakers gotta stick together.

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back