±§Ç¸ÎÒÖªµÀСӢ¹úÈË --who ever come to china (Large Pictures)
Jun 9, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #16 of 28
Uh, I think you posted the wrong ICQ number, SuAnnan. Unless your name is Josh Lindberg and you're a Counting Crowes fan, that is.
wink.gif

Change your settings so you can accept PMs and I'll send you my ICQ number.

kerelybonto

Jun 9, 2002 at 6:09 AM Post #17 of 28
dont worry too much about the language issue. it helps if you can say a few word but having been to several countries with a limited vocaburary i found hand gesturing and a big smile goes a long way.
while i was backpacking through korea, the locals got a big laugh when i went to a restaurant nodding profuesly while rubbing my stomach and repeating the word "chicken". it worked marvelously.

People in China is very friendly, youll be in good hands. you could always go with a travel group too.

Jun 9, 2002 at 7:07 AM Post #18 of 28
Yes, I've been quite a few places where I don't speak the language, but I prefer to go with someone who does. I don't like to smile. Or use hand gestures. At least not generally.

kerelybonto

Jun 9, 2002 at 8:40 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
They could use a few pointers on general sanitation

Now that is an understatement if I ever saw one.

Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
People in China is very friendly, youll be in good hands.

My father has this saying: "In America, cars dodge pedestrians. In China/Hong Kong, pedestrians dodge cars."
rolleyes.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 1:40 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

dont worry too much about the language issue. it helps if you can say a few word but having been to several countries with a limited vocaburary i found hand gesturing and a big smile goes a long way.
while i was backpacking through korea, the locals got a big laugh when i went to a restaurant nodding profuesly while rubbing my stomach and repeating the word "chicken". it worked marvelously.

People in China is very friendly, youll be in good hands. you could always go with a travel group too.

Whe I use hand gestures I tend to piss people off... Don't know what that is about...

Jun 10, 2002 at 10:38 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

mmmmm.. haha

there is such things as pm to commune personally.

China is changing very fast, the country and the people. It's one of the few countries that still has alot of its own culture before western influences(not the capital city!). definitely worthy of a visit.

ps: make sure you do a trip down Australia too.
biggrin.gif

haha

Jun 10, 2002 at 10:42 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Uh, I think you posted the wrong ICQ number, SuAnnan. Unless your name is Josh Lindberg and you're a Counting Crowes fan, that is.
wink.gif

kerelybonto

MY ICQ 162181920

Jun 10, 2002 at 2:10 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

wink.gif

kerelybonto

It wouldn't be the first time some guy posed here as an AZN beaut...

Jun 17, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #27 of 28
i was stunned at the quality of the pictures, especially the wide shot of the night skyscrapers. and the one with the snake is as good too, expression on the kids face very natural.

what kind or model of camera you used?

I think thats his girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back