£60 headphones
Aug 18, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #16 of 32
The ns1000 would make the sony's sound like £9-99 argos headphones but bear in mind you'll need an extension lead for them they only come with a 1.5-1.8 meter cable they have onboard NC which is like an inbuilt amp and takes 1x AAAA battery which is easily swapped they are bright with great treble detail mids and clean punchy depthful punchy rumbly bass even at very high volumes.
They will become even better if you got an e5 amp I prefer the sound of that alone with the NC turned off but some people prefer the inbuilt to an e5 but not me the e5 gives more bass imo.

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #17 of 32
Interesting I'll need to read about these compared to those Sonys. Do they leak sound at all? And what the sound stage like. And 60 quid on superfi, but is superfi a trusted site? Thanks for the help

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 32

Quote:
So you would recommend the ns1000? Does it have good bass/ sound staging? Cause I'm liking the sony xb700

I bought some refurbished Sony XB500, loud mushy bass, mushy pads, weird vocals.
I gave them to my sister, no guilt because I gave them to her for free.
Superlux HD-668B, not a super heavy bass, but a fair amount, better price then the Sony XBs

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #19 of 32
Yes it's a high st shop branch in the uk I would definitely recommend getting them there over getting them from play.com
Soundstage is much more in open design headphones like the Goldring dr150 closed cans you get a better bass and no they don't leak much sound and be warned if you use them with the NC turned on you wont hear an earthquake.

If soundstage is important to you then get open cans but I have goldring dr150 and ns1000 here and I rate the ns1000 especially through an e5 more no idea why but the Fiio E5 when paired with the ns1000 just act like they were made for eachother.
But that could be that I prefer the closed style sound over the open more soundstage sound signature there's certainly more bass on closed.

Just trust me you wont find better sound quality below £170 than the ns1000 produce.

i am currently listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY&playnext=1&list=PL761DDDC627948B06 through the ns1000 connected through the E5 to my xonar dx and it just sounds amazing really you'll understand if you ever buy them.

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #22 of 32
Ns1000 through e5 amp I paid £10 for my e5 from ebay think they gone up a bit you could get one from a more reputable place from £11-£16 though.
The goldring because they are open have a more withdrawn bass and obviously better soundstage.

If my money I would get ns1000 and an e5 will be the best £70 you ever spent.

Aug 18, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #24 of 32
They are bright when you first get them and if you don't like the sound through the onboard Noise cancelling amp don't be too hasty get an e5 amp and run them through that with the nc turned off and you'll be blown away.

Will await your impressions and remember you can return them for a full refund within 7 days under the distance selling regulations in the uk.
Am pretty sure you wont be returning them though.

Aug 18, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #25 of 32
Sony XBs' bass isn't sharp.

They're rounded. 

Can you imagine that?

lol. 

HOLD UP.

WHAT ONBOARD NOISE CANCELLING AMP?

Aug 19, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #26 of 32
They have an inbuilt mini amp that takes 1x aaaa batt which blocks out all external noise and improves the sound ie crystal clear mids highs and more bass.
I happen to prefer the sound of these with the NC turned off and ran through an E5 amp but many people prefer the NC or the e5 as well as the nc at the same time.
Don't be put off it's no gimmick these are seriously HQ headphones from a serious audio company just read around reviews way better than anything in the £40-£60 price range the next best are the goldring dr150 which can be had for £40 delivered.

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #30 of 32
Anyway, a noise cancelling feature != amp. Just trying to point that out.

StephenMonsterCable supposedly said the same about the Beats Solos.
He said something like "they have an amp and motherboard in the headphones".
I figured you got the info from there. 

Nvm.

lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back