£60-£100 to spend on a sturdy bass IEM
Dec 4, 2011 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ak711

New Head-Fier
Hello Headfi!

I thought id treat myself to a new pair of IEM's for Christmas but im not sure what to get.

I like deep and powerful bass and listen to mainly Hip-Hop/Rap and a bit of Dubstep. 
I currently have the Dunu Tridents and they are brilliant for the price but i fancy something new. I really like their build quality and their look, plus they have a sparkling treble that can keep me entertained for hours on end.

I would like something similar but a step up. Bass, clarity, good build quality and by under £100

Thanks

AK

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
I would like something similar but a step up. Bass, clarity, good build quality and by under £100

If you're a fan of the Tridents and their build quality, how about the Hephaes? A little too flashy for me but they fit your requirements.

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 9
Thank you for the replys!
Denon look the part (SQ wise) but i heard the cable is either too long or too short so im staying away.

I was thinking about the hephaes but from the mega thread, i got the impression they arent much of a step up from the tridents. What are the differences?

Lucozade i will look into those!

the Hisounds have good reviews so ill check them out too!

EDIT: I pulled the trigger on the TFTA's. From the reviews what can possibly go wrong :D

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #8 of 9
I got them today...

Feck me the bass hurts :D

There is a fair amount of driver flex but not as bad as the XEars. These are burning in, hopefully the clarity will come out soon. Although these are good, so far not £100 worth.

@luco, what tips do you use?

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
I got them today...

Feck me the bass hurts :D

There is a fair amount of driver flex but not as bad as the XEars. These are burning in, hopefully the clarity will come out soon. Although these are good, so far not £100 worth.

@luco, what tips do you use?

Earportz tips ,gives me the best clarity of sound and no driver flex, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back