☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016
May 9, 2016 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 442
Summertime in SoCal - for as long as I can remember - has always been filled with fun, celebration and music!

For us Head-Fiers, where there is music, there is personal audio gear.  In fact, for years on end, our SoCal Head-Fi Meets - not to mention our regional audio show (T.H.E. Show Newport) - have all been held during the summer months.  It made perfect sense.  The days are as beautiful as they are long.  The nights are warm and never-ending.  It was perfect in so many ways!

And while we now have a brilliant show of our own in the form of CanJam SoCal every Spring, I do yearn for the days when summer meant getting together with all of the wonderful friends that I’ve come to know from Head-Fi… to share our gear with one another, to discover new music together, and just to catch up with some truly wonderful people that we don’t see nearly often enough.

Just the other day, a few of us were reminiscing of those summers gone by.  Stillhart, mikemercer, Brian Hunter (of Audio-Head) and I were thinking about holding an event or two this summer… to bring that sense of endless fun back to SoCal this summer.  And in speaking with Jason Lord of The Source AV, we discovered that he was thrilled to do whatever he could to help.  A few hours later, we had a solid plan.

The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016

Beginning this coming Sunday (May 15th), there will be an entire series of events all summer long.  We’re not talking about one or two events here and there.  We’re talking about nine events throughout the entire summer covering everything from headphones, to amps, to DACs, and more — not to mention a few world-exclusive headphone launches thrown in for good measure!

And of course, being the consummate hosts that they are, the guys at The Source AV will be providing refreshments at each event.  Each one will be a surprise, but past events have served up Dim Sum, Indian cuisine, endless pizza pies, baked goods, and even an open bar now and then.  I’ve never failed to have a good time there, and I’m sure you will too!

So without further ado, Cavalli Audio and The Source AV - along with Audio-Head as our official media sponsor - cordially invite you to The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016!

There are multiple events that highlight different points of interest for us.  So whether you’re into portables, or full-sized headphones, or looking for a DAC, or trying to decide between two similar headphones, there’s probably an event for you.

As the official headphone amplification sponsor for The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016, we’ll make sure to have a variety of our reference amps on hand for auditioning sessions.  Depending on the event, this may be our Liquid Gold, or our Liquid Crimson, or Liquid Sparks for the portable-related events, or even the Liquid Tungsten for flagship, full-sized headphones.  

But you needn’t worry that there won’t be enough variety, since The Source AV proudly carries several familiar brands.  So you can also look forward to auditioning amps from our friends at Woo, Questyle, Simaudio, McIntosh, and more!

And of course, you'll also be able to audition a wide variety of gear from Astell&Kern, Enigmacoustics, HiFiMAN, JH Audio, McIntosh, Sennheiser, Stax, UE, Westone and more!

So mark your calendars, come on down, and join us all summer long for a party that never ends! 
smile.gif

NOTE:  Details for each event will be posted below.

May 9, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 442
Reserved.

May 9, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #3 of 442

The Next Event!

Hey y'all, we're down to the second-to-the-last event of our Summer Series... and this week we have - not one - but two Summer Series sponsors teaming up for one fantastic event!  That's right, our friends at Questyle and Enigmacoustics are teaming up to showcase their entire lines!

If you're in the market for a fantastic portable rig, and haven't heard it already, you owe it to yourself to hear the pairing of a Questyle QP1R and an Enigmacoustics Dharma D1000.  Having auditioned this pairing myself, I can give you a clue as to what you'll hear in just three words:  detail, detail, detail!

But wait, hold on, have you guys checked out the 2-channel side of Questyle and Enigmacoustics yet?  In case you've never heard them, Questyle's 2-channel amps and Enigmacoustics's speakers offer unbelievable performance at any price.  If you're even remotely thinking of setting up a listening room, you owe it to yourself to check them out.

See y'all there!  
smile.gif

-Warren

May 9, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #4 of 442

Upcoming Events

TBA

May 9, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #5 of 442

Past Events

Event #1 of 10:
Sennheiser Shoot-Out!  HD 800 vs HD 800 S!

Sunday, May 15th, 2016:  Noon to 5:00p

Event #2 of 10:
MrSpeakers Shoot-Out (ETHER vs ETHER C) and ETHER Tuning Clinic

Saturday, May 28th, 2016:  Noon to 5:00p

ETHER vs ETHER C Shoot-Out!

Half of you seem to prefer the ETHER.  The other half swears by the ETHER C.  But how often have you had a chance to A/B both headphones, on some truly revealing rigs, in a relatively quiet setting where a multitude of subtleties can be heard?

Well now you can do just that!  Come on out and audition both of them at the next event in The Source AV's Summer Series 2016.  Listen critically on some world-class rigs that pair exceptionally well with both the ETHER and ETHER C to discover each one's true strengths and weaknesses.

You might finally be able to settle the question of which ETHER is better for you... and walk away with a pair that will bring you endless hours of musical joy.  Or not.  Hey, you could discover that neither are right for you as well.  But it all begins with some thorough and detailed auditions.

Even if you think you've already got their sound signatures figured out, you might just have your understanding challenged.

When Dan Clark and I heard the ETHER driven by the Liquid Tungsten at CanJam SoCal, we were both surprised as all heck.  Neither of us had ever heard treble like that from an ETHER.  Let me tell you, when you can surprise the designer of a headphone with a new aspect of its performance, that's something special.

And of course, you'll be able to audition the ETHER with our Liquid Carbon as well.  If you've been keeping up with the discussions on Head-Fi, you already know that there's a special synergy that exists between the ETHER and the Carbon.  Come experience it for yourselves if you haven't already.

ETHER Tuning Clinic

Have you already made your decision?  Are you already an ETHER or ETHER C owner?  Then come on down and learn how you can get the most out of your investment!

MrSpeakers will be holding a live and hands-on ETHER Tuning Clinic to explain how to use their tuning pads, and how they can bring your ETHER even closer to your idea of perfection.  

ETHER Electrostat Preview

And finally, come on down to hear the latest iteration of MrSpeakers's upcoming electrostatic headphone.  It's getting better and better all the time, and drawing ever closer to it's final tuning.  Many of you haven't heard it since CanJam SoCal 2016, and I can tell you that it has changed significantly since then.

Event #3 of 11:

[size=17.03px]A Source AV World Exclusive Launch Event:  Focal Utopia, Elear and Listen[/size]

Saturday, June 18th, 2016:  Noon to 5:00p

Be the very first Head-Fiers in the world to audition these stunning new headphones!  

You do NOT want to miss this one.  If you attend no other Summer Series event, be sure to attend this one!

Event #4 of 11:

Customs (CIEMs), Coffee and Croissants

Saturday, July 9th, 2016:  10:00a to 5:00p

May 9, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #6 of 442
Reserved.

May 9, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #7 of 442
Reserved.

May 9, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #8 of 442
Reserved.

May 9, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #9 of 442
Reserved.

May 9, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #10 of 442
Reserved.

May 9, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #11 of 442
Reserved.

May 9, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #12 of 442
Reserved.

May 9, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #13 of 442
Woo! Can't wait, this will be awesome.

It's so surreal to me to have a great shop like The Source around to demo headphones. I educated myself on headphones by buying and selling online for years. This is going to be a great way for folks to avoid that and meet some fellow headfiers in the process.

Thanks, Warren and Jason for hosting!

May 9, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #14 of 442
Completely jealous of the SoCal crew right now. I'd like to make every single one of these and I'd especially love to make the new product launches, but alas that many trips would be quite expensive for me. Oh well. I'll enjoy living vicariously through this thread when the events happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back