ZiShan series out of the latest Z3. Play virtually any lossless format, 192k 32b vowel, 5.1 DTS WAV multichannel without conversion, DSD music hardware solution, standalone audio crystal + standalone AK4490 DAC.

Zishan Z3

Product Model: Z3
    Product Type: Professional MP3 HIFI Music Player
    Luxury Metal unibody, Fashion Aluminum alloy casing
    High Quality Audio: 32 bit 192KHz
    Support Music Format: WMA WAV ALAC ACC FLAC etc.
    With Screen: Yes
    Max Support: 256GB TF/Micro Card

Supports:
    -Supports CUE direct adaptation playback! No computer segmentation.
    -Supports non-compressed DSD ISO DSF DFF direct resolution playback! No computer segmentation.
    -Supports USB sound card! USB port is definitely not just charging.
    -Supports firmware upgrades!
    -Support the folder operation, song selection becomes very simple!
    -Most songs do not need to convert.

Recent Reviews

1. Belrat
    Great player! Best you can get for your money!
    Written by Belrat
    Published Dec 11, 2018 at 6:55 AM
    Pros - Beautiful open sound at a low budget
    Changeble Opamp
    Great batterylife with 2600 mAh battery that fits just.
    Great to use even with the player in your pocket.
    Cons - For the price? None
    I own a Zishan Z2 en Z3. I have changed the Opamp for a more lively one and last week I put in a 2600 mAh battery. I have now 10 hours of FLAC and DSD music on a 200 GB Micro SD. I love the Zishan Z3. I use it neutral with no changes in the EQ. I don't understand why you would change the EQ, because it always effects the musicsignal! Fase shifting you know! When you want more bass, then buy a Beats or an other bass-loaded pair of cans. Need more high? Buy a pair of Grado's. I use my Zishan Z3 with the Koss Porta Pro. It's a great set for less than € 100. Not flashy, but I am not flashy. I want good sounding music. An other Opamp also does a lot.
    I sold my Fiio X3 because the Z3 simply sounds better and it doesn't cost ages to update the contents of a 200 GB-card when you make changes in the content. It is superfast and simple. I have also sold my Hidisz AP60 which sounded dull and use was horrible. For about € 35 you get with the Z3 a lot of music pleasure. The other Opamp costs about € 3,50 from China and then you have two (also for my Z2 whish I use as DAC for my laptop. The 2600 mAh battery costs about € 12 from China and soldering is simple and now I have music allday.
      Drpepper likes this.
  2. bobbypete
    worst equalizer ever. 3x more $, worse quality
    Written by bobbypete
    Published Aug 6, 2018
    1.0/5,
    Pros - ?
    Cons - eq distorts
    cost me roughly 2.5x more than the other 2 crappy mp3 players from aliexpress 1 of them being benjie s5 which broke in 6 months or so (headphone jack)

the equalizer distorts like crazy after only 60% bass boost. worst eq of any mp3 player ive ever used.

zishan customer service was terrible only refunded me $10 as it came scratched. aliexpress return policy means u pay return shipping to china...

battery life is short.

with no eq it doesn't sound any better than my other mp3s.

when it breaks, I will record a video of me destroying it
    1. View previous replies...
    2. bobbypete
      EQ is major trash!
      bobbypete, Aug 18, 2018
    3. larry piencenaves
      2-3 clicks on the eq is fine, above that is a total mess
      larry piencenaves, Aug 19, 2018
    4. Dexter22
      "
      when it breaks, I will record a video of me destroying it" Lol! Good luck with it soon!
      Dexter22, Aug 24, 2018
  3. larry piencenaves
    A warm sounding DAP
    Written by larry piencenaves
    Published Mar 7, 2018
    3.5/5,
    Pros - for people who like warm sound with a flat bass response, replaceable op-amp, ease of use
    Cons - recessed mids and highs, only 8 hours battery life, loose buttons
    Personally for me, i dont understand the hype for daps cause i dont hear any step-up in sound quality with my other audio sources. its more like of a sidegrade instead. maybe more expensive and well engineered daps would put a smile on my face. but not this one, but in terms of portability and ease of use this one takes the cake, tho a major downside is the battery life.

Build: i dont see any problem. its easy to dissassemble and quality of materials are good. overall good. it also looks subtle which i prefer, but one problem for other people is that the buttons in the z3 are loose.

Sound: they are on the neutral side at most. bass are full and flat, no bleeds on the low mid frequencies so its all good, the sad part for me is the mid frequencies of this dap, they're too much recessed for me, even pairing it up with my grado which is known for having an elevated mids in its sound signature sounded flat. but having said that, the two of them makes a great combo for a balanced, warm, and lush music listening experience. but another problem is the highs also being shy, resulting to the openness of the sound being narrowed down but not fully eliminated. luckily the details are still here, and its well represented with great resolution. its also has a clean background, no hissing whatsoever.

now for the worst part of this dap, that most of you will not like is the problem in the software. its still in v0.2 so i hope future patches would fix this problem. the problem is. your music will skip a sec before it started playing, its kinda annoying to me since its makes your listening experience incomplete at the very start, it pisses me of so much, even if used as a dac for laptop and phone, the problem still persist.

Conclusion: a lot of reviews here in headfi prefer the sound quality of zishan over other budget daps like walnuts, ruizu, etc. thats why i cancelled some of my order and decided to buy only one dap to test instead, i also got curious about the AK4490 chip, but to be honest, in terms of pure sound quality, my zenfone does the better job in audio reproduction and ive used many many smarthpones in the past this by far is the most clean, detalied, and balanced in all of them. im guessing they're using hi-res dac, but im not really sure, the only upper hand that the z3 have is to power up high impedance headphones and iems up to 300ohms, and being easier to use when travelling. other than that i dont see any advantages for it only lasts 8hours of music playback. Just my advice for people out there whos planning on buying daps for the sound quality upgrade alone, i suggest go to the more expensive ones that would deliever. However i spoke a person here in headfi, and he said z3 is better to be paired up with higher impedance headphones and iems, so maybe, just maybe, my head gears are the ones at fault here. and since i dont have any iems or cans above 100ohms, i cant really tell. i hope other headfier with high impedance headphones and iems would review this also for a complete review of this one.
      labi2x, hqssui and nesty like this.
    1. View previous replies...
    2. Modwright01
      If it is the same sound than the Z2, this is spectacular. Far beyond any smartphones evern V series; you should try it with K10 or HE-6 with line out and an amp like the intruder, you'll be amazed even more with another opamp !
      Modwright01, Apr 4, 2018
    3. labi2x
      same with you at the first time i heard zishan z3, after i burn 5 days when battery full used as amp or dap, when battery low used as dac till full.... sound was changes... more details, more wide soundstage, great resolution but i dont know what wrong to my ears..... i still like zishan z1, for me sound more natural....
      labi2x, Apr 24, 2018
      Guggga likes this.
    4. Belrat
      When you can play 8 hours with the normal battery of 1500 mAh I presume you listen to 320 kbps files. With FLAC- and DSD-files it will only play about 4-5 hours. Changing the 1500 mAh-battery for a bigger one of 2600 mAh gives me at least 9 hours of music with mostly FLAC- en DSD-files. It is worth the bother for € 12. I am happy with the possibilty to change the opamp because I could change it for a more lively sounding one. It is nice to have that possibility. And that
      for a total of € 50!
      Belrat, Dec 11, 2018 at 7:05 AM

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!