General Information

Verum-One-Planar-Headphones-Ukraine-Verum1-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-28.jpg

VERUM 1

Welcome Verum 1, our debut product.

Each time, we start a new project - we're a thinking about people who will be using it. So for whom Verum 1 is made?

No doubts, that our firstborn is an audiphile product - open planar headphones, big over-ear design, premium materials. But our main goal is to make an audiophile grade product available for any music lover.

For sure those headphones will benefit from a Hi-FI source & amplifier, but you can run them from the good smartphone or quality player without any problems.

Specifications:
  • 82 mm membrane made from 8 um mylar film

• 96 db sensitivity

• 520 grams

• 8 ohms

With a help of audio enthusiasts that beleived me I've launched crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter and that made my dream come true - I've started to produce headphones. Right now Verum Audio produce only debut model - Verum 1.

Latest reviews

conquerator2

The Kings of Timbre
Pros: Lifelike timbre and texture
Excellent tonality
Supreme midrange
Deliciously smooth and even
Good comfort
Surprisingly well built
Very good value for money
Cons: Bass is well-extended but not the punchiest
Treble lacks airiness
Cable is flexible but can cause issues
Wait times
I had purchased my Verum One Mk1.2 in November 2019 and have since retrofitted them with the improved headband. It is the current model, except for the grills which are the original V design.

I find the build quality exceptional for what is essentially a one man operation. Every part of the headphone feels solid and the utilitarian design makes it fairly user serviceable (easy to replace pads, replaceable headband assembly). They weight approximately 493 grams.

The fenestrated earpads are very comfy and feel high quality. The improved headband shaves down some weight and has excellent weight distribution. These feel very comfy on the headband, the pillowy pads and a design without any hotspots or points of discomfort.

These headphones are probably the most tonally lifelike headphone I've owned to date (if you check out my profile, you'll see I've owned or auditioned quite a large amount of headphones). The texture and timbre simply is what it should be and sounds correct. Stringed instruments as well as strings sound woody and have the right amount of warmth. The midrange overall is excellent, female vocals sound extremely good, male vocals do too for the most part, though they can sound a little raspy occasionally, albeit still smooth. Lower midrange has good power and growl and the lower guitar registers sound deliciously growly and lifelike. These headphones handle sibilance extremely well overall and I'd say these are easily the best headphones for relaxed listening. The upper mids - lower treble transition is not emphasized which is the way it should be.

Bass has good extension, excellent texture and decent impact. These are not the thumpiest of headphones and not intended for bass heads. Occasionally, kick drums can come through as a little flat, though that depends on where in the bass region they're centered, as the bass response is flat. Timpani and other big drums have a very good sense of impact though, and in general the sub-bass is also acceptable. Dynamics in general are okay.

The treble is not very extended nor airy, though cymbals and general overtones come through clearly. This is what contributes to their smooth character and though I'd like to hear a bit more air, it does not take away from the lifelike quality of instruments and voices.

The soundstage is quite round and holographic. It has good depth and decent width and can be decently expansive. It can get a little hazy at the extremes,
with hard panned guitars specifically or when there is a lot going on there, though they generally never lose their composure and imaging remains great

Detail retrieval is high in general, and a bit of a unicorn trait, given their great smoothness. These are certainly capable, fine tuned planar drivers.

Vs 400SE - The HiFiMAN HE400SE is their newest budget planar headphone, retailing for a measly $99 (though currently has to be imported from china).
It is among the airiest and most spacious and detailed headphones I've had the pleasure to own, regardless of price.
It has an ethereal, light quality and the soundstage can seemingly extend to infinity. It images spectacularly well too.
The tradeoff is diminished dynamics and weaker bass response which is both less than the Verum.
The upper mids - lower treble transition is also fairly emphasized and can exacerbate sibilance, leading to fatigue. I enjoy them most with instrumental and well mastered vocal music.
If you don't need a lot of bass (and are okay with importing from China) these are certainly very special for the price.

Vs HD560S - The Sennheiser HD560S is Sennheiser's newest foray into well priced, critical listening headphones.
At $199, these can be indispensable to many working in the field.
They have the most coherent bass - midrange - treble response of the three, with extended, impactful bass and present mids and treble.
They are also very dynamic and give the best representation of the final sound while mixing or making music.
The treble is slightly on the bright side, more present than the Verum but a lot less than the 400SE.
They have by far the most intimate soundstage which is not very spacious and can sound congested in busy passages. Imaging is excellent though.
These work great for virtual surround gaming and movies, although the other two can also work well, depending on one's preferences.
They excel at dynamic, engaged listening.

Overall, the Verum is the most timbrally accurate with the greatest timbre, with a middle of the road bass response and smooth treble.
The 400SE is the most spacious, airy and detailed, though at the cost of lower dynamics and bass response.
The 560S is the most tonally complete and dynamic, though detail retrieval remains average and soundstage decidedly intimate.

I'd collectively rate them as below:

Treble - 400SE > 560S > Verum
Tonality - Verum > 560S > 400SE
Comfort - Verums / 560S > 400SE
Build quality - 560S > Verum / 400SE
Value - Verum / 560S / 400SE

I feel that at their respective price ranges, they all represent tremendous value and each possessing a distinct sound signature, they all have their place in an audiophile's staple collection.

IMG_20201105_211916.jpg
IMG_20201228_163500.jpg
IMG_20201228_1635002.jpg
IMG_20210112_151811.jpg
Last edited:
S
Sandiego77
"Bass is well-extended but not the punchiest" Does amp can enhance it?

macdonjh

Headphoneus Supremus
Pros: Sound, Price (US$349), Comfort, Weight
Cons: Funky head band, weird adjustment, clamping force a bit light
Verum Audio
Verum 1 Head Phones

1. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Verum Audio. I received the pair of head phones I listened to as part of their tour. I was able to listen to them for a week before I was obligated to send them along to the next person in line.

2. Introduction: I actually heard about Verum Audio from my son. He was very interested in the Verum 1, and almost sent money in to Kickstarter account to get on the first production run list. However, he got distracted and bought some IEMs instead. When I saw the tour advertised on Head-Fi, I asked to be added, and here we are.

3. Design: We all know the design: 82mm planar- magnetic open back over-ear head phone.

4. Packaging: The pair I got to try came in the proverbial “plain brown wrapper”, so I don’t know what the factory packaging looks like.

5. What’s in the box? Again, the PBW prevents me from anything but guessing what else comes with a new pair of Verum 1.

6. RTFM: PBW = no manual, but who needs a manual with over-ear head phones anyway?

7. Physicals:

7.1. Head phones: These are quite big, but surprisingly light, at least for somebody accustomed to HiFiMAN HE-500. The padded leather suspension part of the head band is wide and comfy, not that I needed much from it as light as these head phones are. The metal spring part is kind of funny looking. I think it looks like the pair of head-band cat ears my wife had as part of a Halloween costume a couple of years ago. One thing I didn’t like, though, is the head band adjustment. Each side has a knob, but you don’t get to just loosen the knob, slide the head band where you want it and retighten the knob. You have to remove the knob, disengage the leather band, move it where you want it, then slide the pins back into the metal part of the head band and reinstall the knob. Granted, this won’t be a big deal unless you share your head phones with your kid. Otherwise, you get it right once and never touch it again.

7.2. Ear pads: In two words, thick and squishy. They are held in place magnetically, so they are easy to remove and replace. Maybe Dekoni makes suitable replacement pads if you are unsatisfied with the stock pads? I see no reason to replace them.

7.3. Connector, ear cup end: 2.5mm TRS phono plugs. They stick straight forward when you have the Verum 1 on your head.

7.4. Cable: Thin and flexible. Cloth covered to the splitter, vinyl between the splitter and the ear cups. I didn’t give it a rigorous test, but I noticed no microphonics. The splitter is black molded plastic, not the audio jewelry we see from some cable manufacturers, but I didn’t care about that.

7.5. Connector, amp end: ¼” TRS stereo phone plug, single ended.

8. Fit, Comfort, Isolation: I had no trouble at all getting the Verum 1 adjusted to fit my head comfortably, other than the weirdness of having to do minor disassembly to adjust the head band. The ear pads were large enough to allow my entire ear to nestle comfortably inside. Clamping force was light to me. If I bent forward, the head phones would slip off my head unless I held them in place. They were fine for laying on my bed to listen, or to walk around with, though. Isolation is nill. When my son listened to them, he said he could hear everything going on around him. I only listened to the Verum 1 in my bedroom, so I didn’t have any trouble with poor isolation.

9. What I Listened to: Actually, three of us listened to the Verum 1 on their trip to the Third Coast. My son listened to them on his phone (Galaxy S9), my friend Nick listened to them on his Fiio M11, and I listened to them through my Aune X7s desk-top amp. Sam likes mostly the classic rock I like, but also dabbles in metal. Nick is a metal-head, but ranges into all sorts of stuff: EDM, OST, Japanese soundtracks, classic rock, classical, on and on. I listened to a mish-mash of genres but mostly classic rock, ‘50s and ‘60s jazz and big classical (as opposed to chamber music or string quartets).

10. Soundstage: When I listen to head phones, I admit I don’t pay that much attention to soundstage. If I want to pay attention to the details of the performers’ placement, I’ll listen to my living room system. That said, the Verum, to me, always seemed to be between the ear cups. Sometimes, big bass would extend out to the back plates of the ear cups, but everything from the midrange up was generally between my ears. I don’t fault the Verum for that, they filled my head with music.

11. Highs: Treble through the Verum 1 is, overall, a bit subdued. The high frequencies seem to always be emanating from behind everything else, so they are a bit muted. The last bit of sparkle is missing. While that detail isn’t there, the presentation is mellow and relaxed, never harsh (of course, I wrote that last sentence while listening to “Blade Runner” from the ‘2049 soundtrack; a delightfully nasty piece). I did listen to a bit of classical while I had the Verum. Massed violins, like in Mendelssohn’s Midsummer Night’s Dream were rich and satisfying. As you’ll read below, perhaps solo violin will be missing some of the microdetails, but I don’t listen, generally, to small-scale classical music. The flutes at the beginning of the third movement of Mahler’s 9th also stood out. But, there was no listening to the musicians’ “breath” in the middle of the giant orchestra.

12. Mids: Vocals are way up front and hyper intelligible with the Verum 1. I really liked that. Since there’s no free lunch, some vocalists suffered a slimming of their voices. I noticed this with David Lee Roth especially, whose voice seemed to lose most of the “chest”. Guitars, electric and acoustic I think are well served. Perhaps microdetails from an acoustic guitar are lacking, but the overall tone was almost always pleasing. Vibes also sounded good, only lacking the sharp attack of the mallet strike; the resonance was all there. I was worried when I listened to “That’ll Be the Day” by Streetlight Manifesto. The horns sounded terrible. But then I listened to the same track on my HE-500 and the horns still sounded terrible. My fears were fully allayed when I listened to some Dizzy Gillespie and heard good bite in the legend’s trumpet.

13. Lows: Bass performance was tricky with the Verum. One of my favorite recordings is Acid Jazz, by “Boogaloo” Joe Jones. While the tone of Jones’ hollow-body electric guitar was sweet, the electric bass sounded flat and muffled. But, compare this to the electronic bass of one of the newest additions to my collection: Blade Runner 2049 Soundtrack. On this recording the Verum plumbs deeply and rumbles well. Another highlight is Tomasz Stanko, Shape of Things. On this spare recording, some, but not all, of the body of the upright bass shone through the sounds of the other instruments. Back to the lower end of bass reproduction, “Vicarious” by Tool lacked the visceral impact of the toms and bass drums. The foundation of that song felt lighter weight than with other head phones and IEMs I have. My friend Nick, who prizes speed and agility over lowest notes when listening to metal praised the Verum for allowing him to hear all the details in his favorite songs.

14. A word about power: I think the Verum 1 are power hungry. They took almost all my Aune X7s amp had, in high gain, to get loud enough for me. I think I listen at subdued levels typically, though I’ve never made any effort to measure my typical listening level. I couldn’t connect the Verum to my Mjolnir I for want of a balanced cable. This is just something to consider if you use your phone or DAP for most of your listening.

15. Gestalt, Zeitgeist, Fahrvergnugen (and other German words meaning “the whole enchilada”): Overall, I think the Verum 1 are very good for the current price. They will not replace my HE-500 because those are smoother, more nuanced and provide more of the small detail retrieval us audio geeks like. But enough of what the Verum 1 doesn’t do, I was happy to listen to them for a week. As you read above, bass is deep and rumbly even if the transients are a bit soft. Midrange is forward, providing vocals a bit of punch and excellent intelligibility. To me, highs were recessed compared with the mids, but still had good detail and transient response if missing that last bit of sparkle.

One A-B comparison I didn’t get to make, but wish I had: the Verum 1 and the Audeze LCD-X. I got to borrow a pair of LCD-X for a few days and enjoyed having them. They make you sit up and listen to your music. Under the right circumstances I found them compelling. Under different circumstances I found them relentless and fatiguing. In some ways, the Verum 1 is like my memory of the LCD-X with the edge taken off a bit. Not as smooth and polite as my HE-500, but not as in-your-face as the LCD-X.

16. Conclusion: I’ve said it a couple of times, so this will be the last: I liked the Verum 1. I would not hesitate to recommend them to somebody otherwise contemplating Bose or Beats. I’d take him aside, and say to him, “Here, try these; this is what music sounds like”.
Reactions: X1787X and trellus

ngoshawk

Headphoneus Supremus
Pros: Build.
Gorgeous wood.
AFFORDABLE.
Adjustable system.
Sound with quite good clarity.
Future purchase...
Cons: Adjustment is a bit convoluted.
No case.
Thin cable.
Hello Kitty look when wearing (could be a positive to some...)
Can't wait for V2...
Verum Audio Verum 1: The story of one. ($349)

Verum 1 website: https://www.verum-audio.com/products
TTVJ site: https://www.ttvjaudio.com/Verum-1-Planar-Headphone-p/ver0000001.htm

q0MvAha.jpg

I thank Todd for yet again coming through on a loaner tour for a product. He is a fabulous benefit to the audio community, and the Verum 1 is a very nice unit (not giving too much away yet…).

A Kickstarter project started as a result of one man deciding “he would do that differently,” the Verum 1 is the fruition of that vision. The first product from Verum Audio by Roman from the Ukraine, the Kickstarter funded well from Aug-Sept, 2018. Running independently now, the Verum 1 is sold direct or through TTVJ. The model sent is of Zebrano wood, replete with silver cup covers. And to be honest, look the best from the pictures of the three options. Good choice.

After taking some critiques from owners over the heat content of the pads, Roman designed and now sells perforated, angled lamb’s wool pads for an additional $25. Early reviews point to those being positive. Distribution problems tend to be diminishing as more are sent out. A positive Kickstarter with a (mostly) happy ending.

8rZRAqy.jpg

Specifications:

• 82 mm membrane made from 8 um mylar film
  • 116 dB\V or 96 dB\mW sensitivity
  • 520 grams
  • 8 ohms

Gear used/compared (all prices USD unless specified otherwise):

Campfire Audio Cascade ($800)
HiFiMan Ananda ($999)
Mr. Speakers Ether C Flow 1.1 ($1600)
Sendy Aiva ($599)

Coldplay-All I Can think About Is You
Coldplay-A Message
Coldplay-White Shadows
Dona Onete-Sonos de Adolescente
Los Lonely Boys- Heaven (en Espanol)
twenty one pilots-Trees
Ziggy Marley-Lighthouse
Ziggy Marely-See Dem Fake Leaders
Mark Knopfler-Laughs And Jokes And Drinks And Smokes
Santana w/ Mana- Corazon Espinado

The new twenty one pilots album, Trench
Big Head Todd-Beautiful World
Tedeschi Trucks Band-anything

fA3qB5q.jpg

Unboxing:

Well…no offense but there isn’t one. The headphones came bubble wrapped along with the cables. That’s it. So, make it a surprise when you order. No case comes with them that I know of, but the unit should fit comfortably into a Mr. Speakers or equivalent case.

Fit-n-Finish:

Other than the Zebrano wood, my first look was at the cup holding metal strap. Sturdy, but looking like an old fogy imitating that Japanese music video of the young lass wearing cat-strapped headphones, thankfully the fit is good, and sound is better than those dime-store catphones. The metal strap is thick and serves to cant-in the headphone giving good pressure upon ones ears. Not overly pressurized, but on the snug side. Not as much as the Campfire Cascade, but snug. And, not quite as comfortable as my Sendy Aiva either. That said, long sessions worked and worked well.

A tensioning bolt mechanism on top serves to allow the two sides to swivel independently, giving good fore/aft swivel and fit. MUCH better than that abhorrent HiFiMan modeling. Free to swing on the horizontal point 360 degrees (without the cable), gives more fit comfort as well. This is a snug comfortable fit, with the pads fitting well over my ears. The overall unit is fairly heavy, but the fit allows one not to feel it like you would expect.

kUwOVwV.jpg

The Zebrano wood looks stunning. Coupled with the silver face plate, the look is quite elegant, belying the price point. The brushed aluminum face plate does show scratches, but if this was my pair, it would not. I akin this to the handling and shipping from the tour. Quality is good, very good. A mix of industrial and nouveau, the dark wood offsets the silver well, with the black hardware tying all together. A thick pleated black leather headband fits underneath, cradling the cranial matter well. By adjusting the bolted-on knobs up you are dropping moving the headband up, and thus the cups down. Not much movement, but I was comfortable with and without a hat at the same spot. I do wish the cups had a bit more of that gorgeous wood, but the brushed silver is not offensive in the least.

A thinner-than-normal cable rounds out the wares. 2.5mm plugs on the headphone lead to a looonngg separation above the splitter. No cinch strap, but I do not mind. Rubberized above, and fabric-wrapped below, the cable ends in a stout plug of the 6.35mm variety, complete with screw-off part changing it to a 3.5mm single end. Instead of the typical plastic protective sleeve, there is a 1” long bendable spring material as strain relief. A nice tough. The cable tangles a bit, but never in the way. Nice work.

majyi8U.jpg

Sound (including initial):

Upon arrival, I immediately hooked them up to my Shanling M5s to check all was OK. It was, and quickly I realized the Verum 1 needed more power. Harder to drive than many headphones I have heard, I could get it to work with DAP’s, but it really needs an amp in that situation. Plus, there is little isolation (it is open after all…) so I could hear the TV intrusion more so than the sound coming out to the outside world. An interesting if annoying twist.

Further thy dwell:

Once I had time for a longer listening session, I began to appreciate the sound. Bass is present enough to make you understand that while this might be a planar, it is there. Not Cascade-like, but respectable. Mellow mids bring forth a warmer-mid of which I like. No stress up top either. All seemed to be good, save the cat ears as supports. One could arguably craft some cat ears like you see at budget stores and put on the supports. I personally would not mind, since the sound is what I am after. Plus, this is not one I would take out and about. Since it isn’t portable, I would not recommend it anyway, so who cares!!

I find the sound intimate and narrower than many I have heard of late. I do not find this bothersome, but it can be claustrophobic to some. This would not bode well for orchestral movements, which almost require cavernous-sized sound stages to appreciate. It isn’t bad mind you, but others have mentioned the narrowness, so I would be remise If I did not. I still like it, and that narrow stage did not bother me. I focus on other aspects, which help me more.

zhyXIgP.jpg

Layering is pretty decent for a sub-$400 headphone, and planar as well. Not as good as the more expensive models tested below, but again that smooth mellowness shines through. This is not a headphone, which would be used to pump you or your attitude up. No, it is for those mellower times where you have a quiet place in which to listen as well as the appropriate music. Blues, Jazz, Reggae, and others will suffice as they all sounded superb through the Verum 1. I appreciated Artie Shaw through Tidal on the 1’s. I listened to Ziggy and it was good. I liked how Big Head Todd & The Monsters sounded on Boom Boom with John Lee Hooker and of course Crazy Mary. All was well and good, and quite presentable.

yvO28W9.jpg

Comparisons:

Verum Audio Verum 1 ($349) v Campfire Audio Cascade ($800):

I’m not sure this is a valid comparison, but I did it anyway. The connection? Both companies approach the audio market with a passion to innovate and provide a top-quality product at an affordable price. Albeit different price-points, but the comparison is valid for that passion. The Cascade is a bass-heavy closed-back headphone of which I am very fond. That thunderous bass can overwhelm for sure, but it draws you in completely. That bass surrounds you and envelopes you. Of course, part of that could be the clamping pressure as well. That is about the only fault I can find.

I find that the Cascade has a bit better clarity as well. Maybe a better description would be separation of layers are more easily picked apart. Not that the Verum is off or bad, but you can definitely tell the price difference here. Plus, the stage is a bit wider on the Cascade. Intimate comes to mind with the Verum, but that isn’t bad. Both have their values, and I appreciate both approaches. Mids on the Cascade are a bit more forward and could become tedious at louder volumes to some. The Verum is definitely the more laid back of the pair.

Verum Audio Verum 1 ($349) v HiFiMan Ananda ($999):

From memory this one will be. The Ananda was my first foray into full-sized headphones from HiFiMan. I will openly admit I do not like the fit. Period. To not have some sort of rotational adjustment along the vertical plane of the gimbel is to me unacceptable. You ruin the evenness of pad pressure, and unless the pads are built for that extra pressure up front, the whole chamber of sound changes (I am not sure and might be openly criticizing something of which I do not know…). Parenthetical aspect aside, I find the Ananda acceptable sound wise, but not something that overly excites me the way the Verum does. When one considers the price, I can definitely accept the Verum, and spend the extra cash on a quite good amp.

The Ananda did have a bit better clarity as well, with a bit lower reach of bass. I count this to the design and history of making planar’s as the deciding factor. Wider of stage as well the Ananda would be more appealing to me at the $500 price point.

Verum Audio Verum 1 ($349) v Mr. Speakers Ether C Flow 1.1 ($1600):

This one is another throw in due to passion. The Ether-C is a passion of closed back headphones as the Verum is the passion of someone who wanted better in a headphone; much the way the Cascade is the passion of Campfire Audio. Therefore, I believe the comparison is again valid.

The Ether-C defines to me what a TOTL closed back should sound like. Clear, layered, sparkle, and exemplary vocals of either gender. Superb is not to be thrown around lightly, but that would most definitely fit. To me these are the finest I have tried this side of the Empyrean. I do not get to listen often enough, and when I do, I wish I had a single malt in hand and a fine Cuban. This is drawing room stuff on the order of a full-fledged home system (to me), and one can easily see the passion that sprouted from the want of raising an already pretty decent Fostex range to TOTL territory. And here again is where I can see and feel the vision of Verum. One man’s passion at sending us his vision, so that we may see the future at hand and wonder what would be next. THAT is the Verum…it gives us a glimpse into a music designer’s mind, much the way a ZMF or Mr. Speakers does. And that isn’t bad in my book.

Listening to Please Don’t Tell Her through the Opus #2 and Ether-C pretty much defines why I love the combination. Clarity, bass which defies what should be there and the sweet melodic voice and guitar. That solo alone is enough to melt. What a combination. The Verum represents itself well, but not as clear. A more mellow sound, one that fits a laid back evening is quite nice as well.

A bit bass- shy for me, I take care in the Ether-C quality of sound, for it is my reference of headphones, which sustains me. And in that vein, all is good. The Verum is an excellent try, and I wonder what will come down the road to either be more affordable (which the Verum 1 is already!) or move upscale.

Cigars-and-whisky-is-one-of-the-easiest-pairings-to-do-with-limited-experience-900x600.jpg

Verum Audio Verum 1 ($349) v Sendy Aiva ($599):

The closest of the comparisons, the Sendy was much to do earlier this year as the Verum is now. Both affordable, both from small vendors trying to branch off and make a name, and both overall gorgeous at which to look. I will openly admit the look alone drew me into the Aiva. And through a good listening session, I verified that I did indeed like the sound and found it quite acceptable.

A more veiled sound in the mids hinders what is a pretty awesome package overall in the Sendy. I really fell for this when I first heard it. Call it “new car syndrome.” Once the newness wore off, I started to pick apart what could be better. It is a bit heavy, with clamp pressure of too light variety for me. Bass is “almost there.” Vocals fall behind others in this category, sliding behind the music. Not quite sparkly, but treble of good quality. Good, not great. That said, I find the Aiva laid back in the same manner as the Verum. Wider of stage, but slightly less clear than the Verum; nonetheless the Sendy is a marvel of beauty and sound. If this sound were in a package that cost under $400, this would be a steal. Oh…wait… No, the price is due to the intricate craftmanship and to me worth it overall. I still really like the Aiva and pull it out often for comparative purposes or a listen with that single malt.

NV731nl.jpg

Finale:

You might think that the comparisons listed above were unfair, unjust or plain wrong. Well, that is your right as a reader, but I must disagree. In this day, when a newcomer makes the scene, they are expected to compete with the big boys, whether they like it or not. As such, one is certainly justified in comparing to the big boys. Others have made comparisons to manufacturers of which I have little experience. Therefore, it was my due diligence to fill in the missing blanks. And do so, I hope I did.

Comparing with models above can also give reference to where the new company might go or might aim. And in the case of the Verum 1, they have largely succeeded already. This is a very fine unit, regardless of price. And when one brings price into the equation, quickly vaults the Verum to the top echelon of headphones and certainly planar’s…more accordingly affordable planar’s. To think that this can be had for less than $400usd, you would think yourself crazed. There are other offerings at this price, especially ones I may not have experience; but for my experience, the Verum 1 is most definitely one of the top performing models in the sub-$500 price and definitely the sub-$400 market. Off-hand I cannot think of another, which brings all of what the Verum 1 brings to the fight. Excellent build, top quality sound, affordable price, and that quirky cat-support system make for a thoroughly enjoyable unit. One I will miss and may have to find some Hello Kitty pads to go over the gap, should I purchase a pair. It would be worth it.

Thanks again to Todd from Todd The Vinyl Junkie for a glorious opportunity to try gear. He is top notch, and a stellar representative of the audio world we call a “hobby.” Thank you, Todd! And a thank you to Verum for making such a fine affordable representative of the planar variety. Give it a try, I do not think you will be disappointed.

photo.jpg

Big Head Todd & The Monster’s Please Don’t Tell Her closes my time, and this could mean “don’t tell my wife, that I may have purchased yet another pair of headphones”…

apEYgt7.jpg

Comments

lockjaw

100+ Head-Fier
Enjoying my V1s
Nice clean sound, not as dark as most of the Audeze, nice detail on the top end.
Some grain compared to much more expensive flagship planars.
For the price, maybe the best value out there.