Venture Electronics - Bonus IE (VE BIE)

5/5,
  1. nofacemonster
    Behold! the mythical V.E BIE!!
    Written by nofacemonster
    Published Jul 16, 2019
    Pros - Comfortable to wear
    Warm mellow Bass
    Build Quality
    Can drive easily with less powerful portable devices
    Gives five times more of what you pay for
    Cons - I can't ask for more with what I paid for but detachable cable could be a great advantage.
    First of all, I must tell you that I am not a professionally qualified person to review audio equipment nor that I have the knowledge to do so, I am not an audiophile either, But I do love good music and I have a certain understanding of how they should sound. Also, I do own a humble little collection of equipment to cater to my music needs. I have been a fan of "V.E Monk Plus" for quite some time but there was a constant problem remained, it is the "Pain" that caused by it on the ear after wearing it for a while. Then came the first affordable yet mythically rare "Venture Electronics Bonus IEM". I have tried to obtain one several time but I failed because they were limited in quantities. Last May I was lucky enough to get one from their official website and here goes my idea about what it is compared to my other IEMs.

I compared it to "KZ ZS5", "V.E MONK PLUS" Using "MI Redmi Note 5 AI" and "HP Sleekbook" as sources. I listen to "Jazz", "Psychedelic Music", "Classic Rock", "Ambient, Classical" and many other genres.

Comparison to "V.E Monk Plus"

The first thing I noticed is the comfort of wearing it. Since both of the earphones coming from the "Venture Electronics", BIE is super comfortable to wear since it is an IEM. The build quality is also made with steel makes it appear much expensive, well, of course, it has to be because there is a big price difference between these two models even though they are two completely different headphones. Some of you might be wondering why am I comparing these two, well the reason for that is they both are coming from "VE".

Soundwise I always loved the "V.E Monk Plus" for its mellow warm sound with a hint of bass. I was surprised by the V.E BIE and I knew it is going to be "Love at first sight (Sound)". V.E BIE is everything that MONK is and better, It has more bass but didn't overwhelm other frequencies or cripple them. BIE definitely leans towards lower frequencies in a very good way. The sound was least fatiguing and warm that I could listen to it all day.

finally "V.E BIE" is not "VE MONK PLUS", they are two different headphones, it's just that if you are one of those people who wanted a "VE IEM" just like me, then look no further, go ahead and buy the BIE, you won't be disappointed.

Comparison to KZ ZS5 (V1)

KZ ZS5 has been long venerated by me due to its extreme detail, Well it has to be, that thing has four drivers in each IEM. But there was one thing that kind of lacks in certain songs that it has lesser bass on songs that do not have much bass. I know that we are supposed to listen to tracks the way artists intended but I still love a little bit of bass on certain tracks because the sound is a personal thing, different people like it differently.

In this case, BIE may not have that superb detail that KZ ZS5 has but it does come halfway there with wonderful mellow bass.

I am surprised how VE has archived this sound signature with a single driver IEM when I compared it to multi-driver hybrids like KZ ZS5.

Conclusion

V.E BIE has easily become my daily driver because of its comfort and sound signature. I also must mention that compared to all my IEM's it is the easiest to drive. My portable source Redmi note 5 AI is a very weak source and cannot drive anything properly according to my understanding but it drives V.E BIE to perfection so I don't have carry around an amplifier with me.

What V.E BIE definitely full fills all my hopes and dreams when it comes to daily use "IEM" and it is definitely a steal for the price I paid. I can easily recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great IEM without breaking the bank.

images