V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Average User Rating:
4.13333/5,
  1. NickyaKillah
    2.0/5,
    "The BassHead's Best Friend"
    Pros - Durability is grand, Bass is present, Looks stunning and mean, Highs are pronounced
    Cons - You have two options with these: Sound Quality of Comfort. Pick which one is more important
    I really wanted to love these headphones, and boy did they not deliver for me.

When I first got these, they sounded pretty good, not great though due to the extremely genre-specific nature. I returned them partly due to this nature they had (leaning towards Hard Rock/Metal, Rap, R&B, Electronic, all the bass-heavy stuff), That's the short review, now onto the long one:

I had two different types of earpads for these, the factory and the XL. The reason I feel the need to do this is because the quality is so different between the two that it would be misleading not to compare. So here we go:

Factory Earcups:

Pros
    -Highs and Mids quite warm (Not the best with telling which ones are the mids and highs, but compared to my M50x, the mids were surprisingly cleaner.)
    -Bass was definitely present, but not extremely booming. Pretty clean as well.
    -Sound staging was quite nice, albeit tight, but precise
    -Mobile listening as a basshead

Cons
    -Comfortable... For an hour. It was to the point where I couldn't do what I wanted to with them after two hours, and HAD to take a break.
    -Lows are drowned out by bass (I think? Sorry I'm kind of noob at IDing specific)
    -Tight sound stage (this is more preference-based, though)
    -Unless your sticking to the specific genres, the instruments sound poor

XL Earcups:

Pros
    -Wider sound stage than the basic cups
    -Clearer highs
    -Even more bass (preference)
    -SUPER COMFORTABLE

Cons
    -Mobile Listening is destroyed
    -Overpowering bass
    -Lows are even more recessed
    -Mids become recessed like the lows

Here is an explanation for why I returned these headphones:
    Don't get me wrong, these worked great as mainstream mobile cans, which was their intended purpose. Hell they work damn well for gaming with the tight stage. But my main issue with these headphones is, you have two options:
    Comfort or Sound Quality

Which one do you want to suffer more? Because one must suffer with manufacturer pads, you can't have a nice sound and comfort without making your own pads, and I'm not putting in the time for these things.
  2. Programmer
    Pros - High quality bass, U/V-Shaped sound signature, Industrial looks, and a bang for your buck!
    Cons - Uncomfortable for long listening sessions w/ Regular Pads or XL-Pads.
    Will be doing a re-review soon, I've had so much time with these cans, and I've learned a lot in the time since I had these. Many parts of this review will be slimmed and observations will be changed. Stay tuned for the time being. -Programmar

I. Introduction - Plenty Of Pictures

Hello, this will be my first review on the Head-Fi website, I will try to go in depth on these headphones and I hope I could provide some insight on these sweet cans. -Programmer

Please provide feedback on terminologies or spelling/grammar mistakes I have made, this will make future reviews much better and still retain the same amount of details in this review!
     ​
    Note: I have multiple silent revisions already, please come check back every now and then to see if I updated important info!
     ​
    Note 2: All pictures were shot from my LG G4, they are my pictures.

II. Impressions

I have to say, I was struggling between the Sony MDRXB950BT in blue or red, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBL Professional Studio Monitor Headphones, the Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition Over-Ear Headphones, and the Phantom Chrome V-MODA Crossfade M-100s. Ultimately, I am pretty happy with my purchase of the V-MODA Crossfade M-100 in Phantom Chrome.

2015-12-2611.32.081.jpg

2015-12-2611.32.131.jpg

III. Unboxing

I am really impressed with the new cover design, more so the color scheme of it. A very unique unboxing experience.

20151226_153111-01.jpg   20151226_153102-01.jpg   20151226_153044-01.jpg

EXTRA: COMPARISON WITH THE WHITE SILVER CROSSFADE M-100 BOX

2015-12-2801.30.271.jpg

2015-12-2801.30.291.jpg

2015-12-2801.30.301.jpg

2015-12-2801.30.311.jpg

PACKAGING:

Now once you open the box, here’s what you get:
    1. V-MODA User Manual
    6. New Magnetic Exagonal Screwdriver w/ Grip
    7. 2 V-Corks [Used to cover-up unused ports]
    8. 12 Black Screws
    9. An Extra Shield - Chrome
    10. Crossfade M-100 Hard Exoskeleton Case - Black w/ Black Carabiner Clip and V-STRAP to organize your cables

20160102_164841.jpg

EXOSKELETON CASE

Now once you open the Exoskeleton case, which is a deep black color, both outside and inside, that is accompanied with the orange "V-MODA" text on the bottom of it. Nothing too fancy.

20160102_165927.jpg

IV. The Headphones

20160102_165440.jpg

20160102_165451.jpg

20160102_165507.jpg

A. Value - $249.99 USD - Compared to other brands that offer what the M-100’s offer at this price point. You get more here then you get with any other brand. Good value-to-price ratio.

You can even find these headphones for as low as $220, keep a lookout for this or similar prices.

B. Headband - Supposedly the STEELFLEX headband is virtually indestructible. What's present is a nice black color with slightly slanted V-MODA text on top. Headband is capable of bending in any direction, and 10 flat bends. [Not Recommended]

Left and Right are also labeled in plain sight. But if you need help remembering which ever port you want to use only, use the V-CORK's provided to cover up the unused port.

C. Shields - The headphones come with 2 shields black and chrome. [The chrome shields are a major fingerprint magnet, but the black shields are less noticeably so]

1. With the new Exagonal Screwdriver, you’ll scratch the shields less, meaning more precision when taking out the screws.
    2. The screwdriver is also magnetic so the black screws won’t be lost so easily.
    3. After taking off the shield, you are treated to the M-100’s V-PORT V3 Airflow system. DON’T TAKE THE TAPE OFF!

D. Cushions - Memory Cushions - Provides a very good seal for very good sound isolation. Not recommended with glasses, because it will ruin the isolation and it will hurt your head. These headphones get really uncomfortable with the standard cushion, I’d recommend a paper towel mod, adjusting the ear cups slightly higher than normal, or just buy the XL-Ear pads.

These headphones became comfortable after 2 weeks of almost nonstop use, but honestly, I shouldn't wait 2 weeks to have a comfortable pair of cans. My score for comfort will still stand.

Crossfade M-100 BLISS Memory Cushions [Included] [Colored Black] [$15 USD]: 2 pads made from Ergosoft Memory Foam.

Included BLISS Memory Cushion within the hours:
    1. 0-15 Minutes: Very comfortable [2 WEEK BURN-IN] Very comfortable actually, no pain when I first put it on.
    2. 15-30 Minutes: Little force can be felt on the ear, light compression. [2 WEEK BURN-IN] No compression can be felt, still comfortable.
    3. 30-60 Minutes: Some force can be felt on the ear, slight pain ensues. Even more compression. [2 WEEK BURN-IN] No compression still, but heat starts to build up.
    4. 60-120 Minutes: Noticeable stronger compression can be felt. [Recommended to take a 10-15  minute break.] [2 WEEK BURN-IN] Still no compression. Heat still continues to build up.
    5. 120+ Minutes: Ears become numb, ear becomes hot, ears turn red, and pain comes on in full force after you take the headset off. [Recommended 30-60+ minute break.] [2 WEEK BURN-IN] Still comfortable, could honestly go for a few more hours. Ear becomes very hot, and only light pain.

XL Cushions [$20 USD] [Recommended with purchase of Crossfade M-100]: I had previously bought these with the White Silver M-100s about 8-9 months ago, so they had plenty of usage time. I was also told by fellow Head-Fi'ers that these are not memory cushions.

XL Cushions within the hours:
    1. 0-15 Minutes: Very comfortable
    2. 15-30 Minutes: Very comfortable still
    3. 30-60* Minutes: Comfortable with very light compression.
    4. 60-120* Minutes: Cushions begins to compress even more.
    5. 120+* Minutes: Ears begin to feel some pain, any longer would make me want to take a break.

*=The XL-Pads will lose its original structure, after 8-9 months of constant use, the cushions will lose that very comfortable feel within that 30-120 minute marks.

E. Dual Inputs -  The inputs have a nice locking mechanism in it, but it will lose its locking mechanism quite fast, and the cables will pop out easily. So be weary of that.

[2 WEEK BURN-IN] I was right, the locking became much more loose and the cables will detach more easily. This is only when good amount of force is applied, light pulls won't take the cables out so easily, but accidental pulls will.

1. This headphone will allows you to daisy chain up to 2 headphones with SharePlay cable. This means you can share your music with others, its feature that's there if you need it.
    1. You can plug in the SpeakEasy cable either side of the headphone inputs and it will work. Make sure you plug in the cable with the 45 Degree jack on the audio source or else the SpeakEasy cable won’t work.
    1. The entry is so narrow and deep that many cables won't be able to fit in it
    2. Use the V-Corks to cover up the unused ports.

F. Cable Quality - The reinforced Kevlar cable for the SpeakEasy cable and SharePlay cable is amazing on paper, but in person, it's absolutely annoying.

The cables will fray within 2-3 weeks, and the cable will twist/kink in certain spots and will put unnecessary stress on the cable, but don't worry about the cables fraying to the point where you will see the internal wiring. I have used these cables for almost a year already with my other M-100s and they still hold strong. They just fray alot.

The button on the SpeakEasy cable is serviceable, just make sure to not press the button on the cable too hard, or else it will get stuck and become useless.

UPDATE: The black SpeakEasy/SharePlay cable DOES NOT, I repeat, does not fray within 2 weeks of use, still doing further stress tests. Be weary though, it will still twist in many directions.

What I recommend to do if the cable kinks/twist, is to remove the cable from your headphones, or audio source, and unkink/untwist the cable themselves. It will prevent further stress on the cable, help it retain its shape, and quite possibly keep it from fraying.

G. Weight - Very lightweight for me, this will weigh around 280 grams, and won’t feel heavy on your head at all.

But I do have to mention the noticeable down force on the headphones. Sometimes it hurts the top of my head, but it goes away after adjusting the headphones on my head.

[2 WEEKS OF USE] No noticeable down-force anymore within an hour of listening. It will begin to creep up after the 1 1/2 - 2+ hour mark.

H. Design - I love the CLIQFOLD hinge mechanism, it is pure genius. Making the headphone comically small for easy storage, it is a no brainer!

I also love the “no-gaps” design of the headphones, gives the headphone some sense of style and sleekness to it. Its suppose to align with the features on your face.

The build quality is superb might I add, metal material in all the right places. And I have treated these headphones like @#$% without the case!

NOTE: The Phantom Chrome variant of the M-100 is a fingerprint magnet, not very noticeable, but look well enough and you can see the finger prints.

V. Sound Quality - This is based on information given from V-MODA themselves, fellow Head-Fi users, and myself.

A. Impedance and Sensitivity - 32 Ohms and 103 dB - The Crossfade M-100 falls near the average for impedance and would not require an amp for the regular listening. But if you want, I would recommend the FiiO E6. Its cheap, it works, and it will give you some bass boost features if you want it.

B. Frequency Response - 5 Hz - 30 kHz- The Crossfade M-100 frequency range of is a little excessive. Given the low bass frequencies, this pair of headphones is a great set of headphones for bass heavy music.

C. Diaphragm - 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver - Inner and outer rings separate the bass from bleeding into the mids and highs. The Crossfade M-100 diaphragm diameter is 1.90 inches, which is a bit higher than the average of 1.60 inches for other over-ear headphones. This makes it slightly better for bass.

E. Noise Isolation - Analog Noise Isolation: I used these at school and in car rides and they block out the outside noise pretty well, but not as well in in-ear headsets or noise-cancelling headsets. But I find the pretty well isolation to be beneficial, because it makes me aware of my surroundings.

At obviously really high volumes these do leak a good amount of sound, it also puts unnecessary stress on the drivers. You shouldn't even be listening that loudly in the first place. At normal listening volumes, leakage is nonexistent.

The V-PORT V3 Air Flow System vents on the earcups, allows air to flow through the drivers. This will likely decreases noise isolation, and as a result there is some sound leakage, but it's very minimal.

It shouldn't be a problem to people sitting next to you in a quiet classroom or library.

F. Sound Signature - U/V-Shaped - There is a defining sound signature of these headphones. Overall the headphones had a somewhat of a U/V-Shaped signature. The M-100s is really more prominent in the bass and slight forwardness in the trebles.

But the mids are somewhat more neutral/flat however due to the characteristics of the bass and trebles.

The U/V-Shaped signature is very desirable for me, but probably not for others.

G. Sound stage - The sound stage is beautifully textured, the sound stage also has both good depth and width. The sound stage feels large, though not quite on par with open headphones, you will genuinely get a 3D effect of being in a club.

Action movies also sound very immersive especially during actions scenes involving weapons discharging and explosions.

These factors also make the instrument separation noticeable and increases the ability to focus on instrumental details. This is something you will yearn for when you listen to other types of headphones, different types of music,different types of movies, or playing different types of games.

H. Vocals - Vocals on the M-100 are intimate, clear and lively. The M-100 provides plenty of clarity and details. A way to illustrate the M-100 sounds; its like you're sitting near the stage at a concert.

I. Bass -  The bass rendering is the most prominent feature in the M-100's. This was the trait I fell in love with, because honestly I am a bass head.

The bass on the M-100 has demonstrated to reached deep [I mean really deep] bass, yet it is well controlled. On tracks that do emphasize on bass, there is this beautiful 3-Dimensional bass rendering that is oh-so crystal clear, high quality and reverberating. The M-100's bass traits have attuned to me on how to appreciate high quality bass. Very tight bass I might add.

It has resulted me actively searching for new bass-oriented tracks that excels in this quality. [Especially Trap music, with hard hitting bass]

Where as other headphones attempt to reach that deep in these cans, ultimately resulted in boomy fart cannons or bleeding bass into the mids.

I did some more testing and found out that the bass can be quite over powering in some chaotic games, such as Battlefield.

J. Treble* - The trebles is just above neutral. This in itself is a positive trait. I found the trebles have been creeping up to be a little more above neutral and I'm appreciating it a lot more the longer I use it. It's airy, transparency and micro-detail, is a treat to my ears. Not too sharp or shallow.

In more complex/intensive music the treble can become painfully ear piercing, an example can be trap/EDM hybrid music.

*=Do some more research on this bit, every person hears things a little differently.

K. Mids - To my ears the mids are somewhat restraint, it seems to be neutral/flat. For me, I’m alright with this. Because the bass is controlled and doesn't bleed into the mids, my ears can focus pretty well on it if I wanted to and there is clarity and detail to be heard in the mids.

The recessed mids can be considered a con for some people.

NEVER PUT A SOFTWARE EQ ON THIS HEADPHONE, IT WILL JARBLE UP THE SOUND QUALITY!*

*=This is from personal experience.

VI. Video Game Sound Quality:

For this sound quality test, I will be using a PC equipped with an High Definition sound card with Nivida HD sound drivers.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Weapons sound great, especially the AWP. Footsteps are very audible, which is crucial for a game like this. Get the V-MODA BoomPro gaming mic if you want to use the M-100 as a chat headset, or some other detachable microphone.

Battlefield 3: Multiplayer - Weapons sound amazing, great sound design. Dialogue from allied and hostile players sound good for tactical play.Vehicles sound pretty good, but the T-90/M1 Abrams sound very bassy. Overall, distant sounds and explosions sound great and you'll be very immersed.

Grand Theft Auto V: Single Player - Vehicles sound great, not too bassy when in first person view. Weapons sound good I guess, but I'd recommend a mod that changes the weapon sounds. Character dialogue sounds very good and well done. The radio and ambient soundtrack sounds very good the M-100s.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege: Single Player - Footsteps and speech is very audible and gives you a very good sense of how close or far away they are. Echoing while stepping on certain surfaces sound good and accurate. Weapons sound great and heavy, and pack a serious punch too.

VI. Audio Test - FLAC's & 320KPS MP3's

VIII. Final Verdict + Scores

Wrapping up this whole experience, it has been one of the most, if not the most, interesting experiences I have ever experienced.[WOW] Especially the unboxing. The M-100 was developed for the purpose of fulfilling the needs of "Modern audiophiles". For me, the M-100's are the best on-the-go, or stay-at-home headphone I have ever laid my hands upon and so they have a high sentimental value to me.The M-100 provides a mostly balanced sound for my multiple genres of music. The Crossfade M-100 really is the perfect all-around headphones, easily. In comparison, other headphones I've tried can only somewhat meet, but not exceed these standards. These are not analytical, flat headphones, no. These are high quality portable headphones with a sleek look, and exquisitely detailed sound. Seriously, these blow the previous brands I have owned right out of the water.

PROS: High Quality Bass, U/V-Shaped Sound Signature, Industrial looks, and bang for your buck!

CONS: Uncomfortable for long listening sessions w/ Regular Pads or XL-Pads.

Audio Quality9

8 With more intensive music.

Comfort: 6 w/ Regular Pads

7.5  w/ XL-Pads

Design:  9

Value:  9

PRICE: [ $220 - $270 ]*

*=Be sure to compensate for sales tax and purchase of accessories.

"A unique unboxing experience, tasteful industrial look, and unique sound with high quality bass is guaranteed!" -Programmer

2015-12-2611.32.121.jpg

Wilashort, stalepie and RavenPH like this.
  3. betula
    "Good bassy headphones for the money"
    Pros - Thumping and kicking bass without destroying the mids and highs too much. Fun sound, made for contemporary electronic music.
    Cons - Stock pads are uncomfortable. Buying XL pads is essential if your listening time exceeds 30 minutes.
    This is a quite controversial pair of headphones. You hate it or you love it.

IMG_20150615_105707.jpg

People who love it usually come from the crowd with Beats and Apple earphones. These people are very enthusiastic about the M-100s, saying they have never heard this much detail and controlled bass without overshadowing other frequencies.

"Audiophiles", who prefer high-end opened back hp-s, won't like the M100 too much.  Most of them will complain about the narrow soundstage and bass quantity. They are looking for a natural, lifelike presentation, as they usually listen to acoustic instrumental music like classical or jazz, and for those genres M-100 is not a good choice. Buy a good pair of opened back headphone with a good amp for that purpose. (HD600, etc.)

IMG_20150615_163540.jpg

M-100 was made for contemporary music, especially for music with any kind of electronic part in it. Not just house or EDM, but ambient, chill, pop. These genres and type of music just sound awesome on these. This kind of music sounds better on the M-100 than it sounds on the HD600 with a good amp. A pair of opened dynamic headphones will never be able to give back as punchy and strong bass as a good closed headphone is able to do.
     The M100 is not the best headphones in the world, but for the above mentioned purposes these are a very good choice for the money.
    You also get a very good quality and small carrying case, and 2 very good cables with the M100.

If you want to hear lifelike string instruments or the changed voice of a jazz singer due to a recent flu, than look further.

If you want to enjoy your EDM, and this is your budget, you have found your headphones. (Just make sure you buy a pair of XL pads too.) :)
    Wilashort, sound22 and pcwp21 like this.
  4. Aurthur
    "Great pair of starter headphones"
    Pros - Good bass, good overall sound, great sound isolation in even the noisiest of environments
    Cons - As purchased they are on ear, need to replace pads at cost to make them over ear, but they're too tight to be on ear
    I purchased these headphones about 6 months ago.  The first thing I noticed was not the sound, it was the amount of pressure on my ears.  Within 15 minutes, my ears were sore from wearing them.  A quick look around found that many people had the same problem, and that the answer was to purchase the larger pads and replace the default set.  I did so, but still had issues with the amount of pressure that was now around my ears instead.  It took months to find out that the headband was meant to be bent little bits at a time to set the head size.  Stretching it out a couple times resolved most of the remaining comfort issues without making them loose.  As a result, I can no longer use the nice hard case they came with, because the case forms them back to the original size and shape every time I put them away.

On to the sound, these headphones can be driven by just about anything, but will definitely see a marked improvement using a good amp.  I have used them with standard on-board computer sound cards and cell phones and they sound better than your average headphone by far.  Connected to an Asus Xonar STX, they're noticeably improved.  I now have them connected to a Schiit Bifrost/Asgard 2 combo, and it's again a big improvement over the Xonar.  When idle, I would estimate they drown out 75-80% of the surrounding noise.  When playing, they drown out 99%+.  Bass is good with an ordinary amp, almost too hot with a good amp.  Running the "ultimate headphone test" at http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php demonstrates a clearly audible 10Hz tone.  5Hz sine wave is nearly undetectable, but I suspect that is as much about human hearing as it is about product.  High frequency test, I hear tones starting at 18KHz (Update/edit: I found out after writing this that 18KHz is the highest I can hear, your mileage may vary).  Using the sweep tones, I do notice a couple of drops in volume both going into and leaving the "mid" extremities as it passes each crossover, but they are not large drops, and are well within the abilities of an equalizer to fix should one want to.

It is true that when driven hard and when a lot of bass is in the source material, the drivers can generate a little heat, but I have not experienced a scenario where the amount generated was uncomfortable.  Outbound sound leakage is almost non-existent.  If you put your ear up to the outside plate of them, you can hear it, but not without doing so.  Friends stopping in have repeatedly noted this to be true, that they can never tell if I'm actually listening to anything or not when they walk in if I don't tell them.

In summary, and with the caveats above that require some listener knowledge of the product to make them ideal, I would recommend these, especially to someone just starting out in headphone audio, as they make a very good stepping stone while you're still deciding on your equipment.
  5. Zennheiser
    "Bulletproof build quality, superb Bass reproduction and even response, with one or two "sweet spots".........."
    Pros - Bass Response, uncolored midrange, extended Highs
    Cons - Can become uncomfortable over extended periods, a little "hot" around the ears.
    I think they're five stars at the price I paid. I might have to trim a piece of a star at the MSRP. My two references are the Sennheiser 650 and the Ultrasone Pro 900's, but these are preferable for portable applications and have virtues of their own.  They have an "immediacy" that I assign to their efficiency, I am encouraged to listen at lower levels on these 'phones rather than turning them up to try to get them to "enunciate" or bloom.  It's an unexpected virtue.  The Pro 900's hit me more like ear "speakers".  The 650's are where I get the most "reference" bang for my buck.  (I vacillate between it and my 600's, which I've had over a decade.  To not sound identical, they both certainly are seductive.) So many Headphones, so little time.  (And cash.....)  Appearances (outside of not looking "cheap") aren't of great importance to me.  I'm definitely a "function" over "form" person.  Nobody likes "plug ugly", but if they're thoughtfully designed and executed I'm pretty easy to please.
  6. Spiderman
    2.0/5,
    "Stylish headphones with subpar sound quality and extremely overpriced. "
    Pros - Stylish,
    Cons - Bass is a bit bloated, Really recessed mids, Lacks detail, No soundstage to speak of, Overpriced
    I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the sound quality.

Pros: The m100 is pretty stylish is it one of the most stylish heaphones out there, build quality seems somewhat solid though I am not a big fan of those metal hinges it just seems a bit delicate for my tastes. These headphones are without a doubt for bass heads they are pretty v-shaped but it also seems like it is lacking or a bit rolled off on the treble. Bass extension is great but just a tad bit farty and uncontrolled (stock pads).

Cons: The m100 is pretty overpriced for what it does perhaps not Bose overpriced but around there. My kevlar cable had these little white wires coming out of it, after a week of use and to be honest the sound quality is not that great. The mids are really recessed, with the bass basically overwhelming them bass it is not as controlled or defined as it should be it sounds bloated and slightly farty. The soundstage is extremely closed in there is basically no sound stage with these headphones. Due most likely to the slight roll off on the treble, this headphone is missing a ton of detail and resolution in the mids. The bass doesn't help much as it overpowers them. Basically for what this headphone retails for $300 it is not worth it at all, at that price point you are better off getting a deal on an hd 650 or 600 and if you just care about bass heavy music I would suggest the he-400 instead. If you want something portable the momentum sounds better than this heck even the m50 is better.
    lancevance117 likes this.
  7. DigitalFreak
    "Review: The V-MODA M-100 headphone"
    Pros - Great pounding bass, excellent depth, good sound stage, great headphone for electronicas or hip hop, forgiving of bad source
    Cons - mids can be a tad to laid back for some people, slight bleed into lower mids, not a good choice if you're not a bass head
    [​IMG]
  8. DaddyMojo
    "Excellent Value, Excellent Sound, Excellent Look and Oustanding Customer Service"
    Pros - Oustanding for mobile use, love the non-tangling cord, full bass (witout overpowering), responds well to EQ and very well built
    Cons - Ear pads and get hot, slightly recessed mids
    First off, I should clarify that I own a number of V-Moda gear, including IEMs, on-ear, over-ear and cables.  I have found that their customer service is really outstanding and if you buy a number of different headphones, you know how important this is.  I own gear from other manufacturers, including Westone, Audio-Technica, Klipsch, Etamonics and at one point or another, I have had service issues that may require several calls or emails.  Not with V-Moda, they get me from my first contact and everything flows just as smoothly from there.

On to the Crossfades M-100, here are a few thoughts:
    *     Excellent sound presentation, with bass being a little forward but not overly dominant.
    *     Very easy to drive and sound great without an DAC/Amp and modulate well with EQ settings
    *     Non-tangle cord, which is wrapped in cloth to insure microphonics and are comfortable when rubbing against you as you move around.
    *     Comes with "dual" splitter cord that allows you to plug two headphones into one source.
    *     Allows for plug on the headphones that also allow you to plug in two headphones in and listen to the same source.
    *     Works for multiple types of music
    *     Great build quality
    *    Amazing value when you compare sound, quality, build and look.

Drawbacks, every headphone has them:
    *     The pads, they are not awful, just not optimal.  However, I am picky on pads and have switched a lot of my pads out on various headphones I own.
    *     Mids are slightly recessed, but I prefer them this way.

Overall, I feel they are oustanding for sound and value, something I find in most of the V-Moda line.  I cannot think of a company that gives you more bang for the buck and their customer service is certainly another factor to consider in any purchase.
  9. gahthatscute
    "Wow, these cans are simply put amazing"
    Pros - great audio quality (especially if you're a basshead), compact, passive sound isolation
    Cons - uncomfortable with stock pads
    So I've been doing some research for the past few months and finally decided that I'd make the jump to truly hi-fi audio with these cans and simply put am amazed. First impressions of these cans with the stock cups weren't all that great, but putting on the XL earcups (I highly reccomend buying the extra large earcups for these if you're buying these) they were comfortable. Now after I dealt with switching the earcups (the right one was stuck, so that was fun getting it out) I plugged it into my phone (HTC M8) and played some FLAC EDM and was blown away with what I heard. Lows were kicking, but without overpowering anything else, mids were present (although a bit repressed), and highs sounded perfect. If you're a basshead I would highly reccomend these, especially since they can be driven reltively properly by things like ipods and phones.
  10. Sultan89
    "The only headphone you ever need"
    Pros - Literally everything about it.
    Cons - I can't fault anything, sorry.
    The M-100s are seriously THE BEST headphone I have ever owned. I can't fault these things in any way at all. They have held up significantly well with a lot of wear and the occasional tug on the cord or drop (owned them for just under a year now).

They are essentially a ridiculously good looking tank that sits around your ears. Ok so they have great looks and build quality, that must mean the sound takes a hit and isn't as good. Well...I only left the best to last, the bass is perfect, just prominent enough to give you that oomph without sacrificing the mids or highs.
    If electronic music would be the majority of music you listen to these cans are for you. And if you don't listen to that much EDM, than I still would recommend them over anything else. I have no problems when I listen to Tool or indie rock. Seriously, these are the best purchase I have ever made out of my entire life of purchasing. 6 out of 5 stars!

Oh wait, I do have one issue about them...It's that I don't have a second pair in the white. Soon...soon...