Hand-crafted in Germany. Equipped with comprehensive Ultrasone technology. The comfortable ear...

Ultrasone Signature Pro

Average User Rating:
4.57143/5,
  • Hand-crafted in Germany. Equipped with comprehensive Ultrasone technology. The comfortable ear pads and the new headband make it possible to work and listen stress-free for long periods of time. It get's better... these new Signature PRO headphones may have a minimalist design, but can handle hard work and are a sheer pleasure to wear! The name plates made of finely polished toughened safety glass emphasise its professional focus. The dark-grey ear and headband pads are made from the tried-and-tested leather of the Ethiopian long-haired sheep, and sewn by hand. This exclusive leather provides long-lasting quality for the wearer, an incredibly snug fit and outstanding insulation. As a special feature, the Signature PRO meets the requests of many end users with its removable cables and B-Lock connection. These cables can be exchanged at any time, as required. A long and short cable, of 3m and 1.5m respectively, are included as standard. And to crown it all - the Signature PRO comes in a custom-made transport-friendly case.

Recent User Reviews

1. leadbythemelody
    "Ultrasone Signature Pro: High Quality HP's"
    Pros - Solid Noise Isolation, Build Quality, Sound Quality
    Cons - MSRP Price
    The Ultrasone Signature Pro's...my second pair of Ultrasone headphones coming from the Edition 8's. I must say I am pleased with these especially for the price I managed to get them for. Listening from a decent smartphone or a MacBook I have to say they are impressive.

BASS
    The bass quality is very very good. And in terms of quantity does not disappoint. The sub bass is deep and wide. Higher frequency bass is agile and punchy, perfect for metal (double-bass drumming).

TREBLE/MIDS
    A little shy but in no way recessed. The treble and mids sound beautiful. While not as forward/euphonic sounding as the Audeze LCD-2's or as resolving as the Sennheiser HD800's, the midrange displays excellent detail/resolution. IMO these are more close in sound to the Fostex TH900's but with a more held back midrange. The treble is fast and in no way sounds harsh or metallic.

OTHER COMMENTS:

Very good for classical music. And watching movies is a pleasure as well. I enjoy listening at lower volumes too. The bass retains its punchiness and micro details are displayed with great satisfaction. Not a bass monster.

CONCLUSION:

A great all-rounder headphone for every genre of music. You should definitely try these, definitely worth the investment.
  2. gHeadphone
    "Fantastic sound, great quality build and portable"
    Pros - Fantastic sound, build quality is excellent, easy to drive, easy to transport
    Cons - A little pricey for non EU customers (though better value in the EU)
    I have my Signature Pros a few weeks now and i am really enjoying them.

I have been into headphones for about 4 years now and these are my most expensive pair (i have a pair of Denon AHD2000, Grado SR225i and Etymotic ER-4PT to compare to).

I was looking for really good quality portable headphones that have decent isolation and great sound and these fit the bill perfectly.

The sound quality is fantastic, the bass is solid without being overpowering, the middle is beautifully balanced and the treble is crisp without any sharpness. I have found the instrument separation is really noticeable and ive been rediscovering a lot of my music again and hearing parts i never knew existed. The soundstage is very good though not in the class of a well driven Hifiman HE6 it is the best ive heard from a closed headphone.

I have driven them from my Fiio X3, and iPod with the Fiio E11 portable amp, my laptop and my iPhone directly and they all drive the cans very well.

The headphones are well made and you can feel it in your hand, the leather is beautiful and is very comfortable. They fold easily and come with a very nice hard case which makes transporting them a simple matter.

Bottom line I’m wearing them for about 4 hours per day, they always feel comfortable and the sound is never fatiguing. If you can afford them id say treat yourself!
  3. dc-k
    "Very impressive closed headphones - hard to imagine a better portable pair"
    Pros - Excellent sound stage, glorious brass, easy to drive from a portable player, swapable cabling
    Cons - isolation and leakage not to CIEM standard
    I've found myself unable to use custom IEMs and needed to find some high quality portables for my three hours a day on public transport. After lots of research and some excellent help from assorted head-fiers, I settled on these.

My music tends to be expansive american 20th century (Copland, Ives, Gershwin), more minimal (Reich, Stockhausen, Ligeti), and female vocal (Dusty, Roberta Flack).

I've been listening to the Sig Pro non-stop since they arrived, and for my head they are as comfortable as any I've worn. My main home headphones are LCD-2 and I love their sound which seems to work very well for my preferred listening, I didn't expect the new ones to match the LCDs, and they don't, quite. But they are remarkably close. They have quite an open feel for a closed headphone and the Copland and Gershwin feel very spacious. I'm not a major bass head, but I dug out some meatloaf and felt really nice, absolutely bassy enough for me but still strong on the voice. Brass sounds really good, bold and bright - just the way I like it.

Next step, going portable. This was the main reason for buying them so I really needed them to behave nicely with my IBasso DX-100. And they really do. To my ears, they actually work better with the DX-100 than the LCD-2s. They more than match my ACS-T1 CIEMs for comfort and clearly exceed them for sound quality on everything I've listened to so far. They only fall short of my perfect portable headphones in two respects: sound isolation and noise leakage. They aren't bad at all but they don't compare to CIEMs (I guess nothing you stick on your head as opposed to in your ears is going to...).

The overall package you get for your money is nicely assembled. The case has a sturdy feel and enough space for my DX-100; the interchangeable cables are useful, as I prefer shorter for commuting and longer when I'm settled somewhere; and I hope to get hold of the cable with the inline microphone to try to use them as a phone headset.

All in all I love them, and if I was only allowed one pear of headphones for all my needs (perish the thought), I'd pick these.

User Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!