Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Case

General Information

If you love music and want to hear every nuance and musical layer like a professional sound engineer, then you need the triple.fi 10 Pro earphones from Ultimate Ears. The triple.fi 10 Pro earphones offer the most detailed and sonically rich experience when listening to any style of music. The triple.fi 10 Pro is Ultimate Ears latest technological breakthrough making this our only 3 individual speaker professional earphone product. These earphones also incorporate all the best features that Ultimate Ears universal products have to offer including pro-style ear loops that secure your earphones in place and a universal fit kit with six single flange silicone (2 small, 2 medium, 2 large), 2 dual flange silicone and 2 standard foam ear tips that maximize your comfort and increase noise isolation from the sounds around you. The triple.fi 10 Pro's come with a 46" cable, cable adjustor, gold plated 1/8" input plug, metallic travel case, 1/4" adaptor jack, sound level attenuator, cleaning tool, user guide, and 2 year warranty. For a limited time only you can get the 10 Pro's in a limited edition metal roadie case. Now your head is a world class recording studio. But don't take our word for it -- hear the difference!

Latest reviews

Pros: Decent low end. At the time a real winner in the hifi world.
Cons: Recessed mids. Dull highs. Terrible fit for a lot of people. Terrible stock cable. Haven’t aged very well sound wise 13 years later.
While listening to my UE 6 Pro and writing up a review I decided to listen to my original UE triplefi 10 set which led to procrastinating on the UE 6 review and writing one up for this old pair instead. A little back story first though! Back in 2007 during my senior year of high school I had made a decision to upgrade from my crappy earbuds to something better. My dad being an audio engineer told me to try out the Shures or Ultimate Ears of the time. I really loved the electric blue color of the UE tf10 and after saving up for what felt like forever through my senior year and I got the tf10 for $400 bucks. I’ve owned this original pair since then and these had burned through 6 or more UE stock cables. Had the part of the shell that has the nozzle come off. The right driver definitely has a channel imbalance problem now that I listened to them again. That being said they’ve been through hell and back with me while growing up. I still love them and they were my gateway into the hifi world when I thought mp3s in 320kbps were the most hifi you could get and beats headphones were endgame.

Now let’s get to the review of the sound! My personal preference are a dynamic hybrid iem where I get good hitting bass and have a brighter treble with decent mids. I listen to a lot of genres but I hover in the classic rock, blues and edm music with some rap here and there.

Gear used
iPhone X with headphone adapter, FiiO m11, smsl sh8/su8 combo, and a good ol iPod nano!

Lows- They have a good low end. It’s borderline almost bloated but I’m not sure if it’s cause they’re 13ish years old or not. After listening to them again I was like “oh! These still have a nice low end” no thumping hit or rumbles though.

Mids- Recessed for sure. But at the time it blew my mind.

Highs- Super relaxed and calm. This was the best I had at the time so it sounded super detailed back then haha these didn’t age all that well.

Imaging- Average.

Soundstage- Intimate. No sources help open it up.

Cable rolling- I never really got into cable rolling with the tf10 since the left monitor was the opposite polarity of the right so getting cables made was hard. The original ue cable broke so many times I probably bought like 6 of them for the first 4 or 5 years of owning them. I still have a labkable....cable I got shortly after giving up on the horrible stock UE cable. I ended up not being a fan of that cable and after a few years I found out about null audio. At the time they specialized in tf10 cables and I got the lune Mk3 cable and that’s what’s been on there since. Whether the cables made a difference or not is hard to say. Both the labkable and null cable sound the same to me when swapping.

Amping
Amping doesn’t seem to do much if anything to these. They aren’t hard to drive at all. Even the clinical sounding FiiO m11 did nothing to the treble for the tf10. My smsl desktop combo just made the bass bloated. Balanced does nothing to them either.

Overall thoughts
I bust these out once in a blue moon to go down memory lane to remind myself what got me into the hifi world and I’ll say they still make me smile but when comparing them to a $200-500 set of modern iems these are most definitely lacking. They have a special charm about them though. Ask anyone who has owned a pair of the tf10 and they will probably say they love them too. My five star review is somewhat bias to the nostalgia I have with these. Had this review been from 2007-2008 I would of definitely given them a proper 5 stars. If anyone ever has a chance to sit down with a pair of the tf10 for a day or two I would definitely say do it.

IMG_4068.jpg
IMG_4069.jpg
IMG_4071.jpg
Last edited:
Very good at performing EDMs and rock music. Owned for 2 years and gave it to my ex girlfriend.
Pros: Great highs, soundstage and finesse
Cons: Mids are slightly recessed, unusual fit
The TripleFi 10 noise isolation earphones by Ultimate Ears are a highly rated pair of earphones. These high performance headphones gave way to the term “triple-driver earphones” and became popular as they were known to be used by professional musicians and celebrities. With quality headphone reviews from stars such as Pete Wentz, bassist for Fall Out Boy, Grammy award winning artist Seal and Serj Tankian, former singer for System of a Down, Ultimate Ears products such as these TripleFi 10 noise isolation earphones are sure to be an ideal selection for a wide variety of needs.

If you’re a music enthusiast looking for an excellent pair of earphones, or a rising star in the world of music, these earphones can give you a feeling of being in a music studio. For the audiophile or hi-fi enthusiast, the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 noise isolation earphones provide a great listen, while a variety of musicians will find these earphones to be an excellent selection for performances or for backup earphones if customs fail. These earphones provide a professional level of sound you’re sure to love.

Choosing The Best Noise Canceling Earphones

Quality earphones are an investment that should not be taken lightly, unless you have hundreds of dollars to waste on sub-par selections, which is why it is important to consider various aspects of noise isolation earphones before making your selection. With the advancements being made in modern technology, picking something that is up to date and full of the most advanced technological features is vital. Considering aspects such as technological features, user reviews and components is necessary to make an informed decision. Some features to consider include:

* Sound Quality
* Comfort and Design
* Noise Isolation
* Price

You should also be aware of any additional features, such as warranties or guarantees included with the purchase. Considering each of these aspects for the best noise cancelling headphones is important to making the most informed decision for your next pair of noise isolation earphones. Let’s take a look at the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 noise isolation earphones and see how they rate.

As far as sound quality goes, these earphones are off the charts with their amazing sound! Across the board, users were blown away by the quality of sound coming out of these earphones. These earphones have a unique, triple (hence the name) armature speaker design that splits the sound to reproduce three different frequencies – high, mid and low range. This enables the ultimate listening experience.

The sound quality is also improved with audio filters designed to shape the sound, creating an experience that almost feels like you’re in the recording studio. Additionally, these earphones have an incredibly broad sound range to supply you with a thumping bass, blended mid range, and detailed treble sounds.Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Earphones

Comfort And Design

These earphones have a cord that can be custom shaped to your ear, just like professional monitors. Each earphone set includes several sizes of ear cushions so you can find the fit that’s right for you. Ear cushion options include three different sizes of soft silicone cushions, as well as foam cushions that provide a perfect fit every time.

The Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 noise isolation earphones also feature a customizable fit. You can wear these earphones in two positions – either down like regular earphones or bent to fit over your ears, just like professional monitors. The cord is also designed to be tangle resistant.

Noise Isolation

These earphones fit comfortably inside your ear to create a secure seal that will block up to 26 dB. The foam cushions, only available with premium models such as the TripleFi 10 option, create the perfect seal to lock all the musical sound inside your ears while keeping outside noises at bay.

Additional Features

This pair of earphones comes with a hard case that’s ready for the pocket so you can safely transport these earphones anywhere. Additionally, the TripleFi 10 noise isolation earphones come with a variety of jacks so you can use a wide assortment of devices.

Pros Of Ultimate Ears Triplefi Noise Isolation Earphones

Incredible sound that will blow you away!
Individualization of three different frequencies
Super broad range
Hard carry case
Jacks included
Cons of Ultimate Ears TripleFi Noise Isolation Earphones

Size of the ear buds
Only available in one color
Price

These earphones are listed at $399.99, but they are available for much less if you search the right places. Amazon has these earphones listed at a significant discount. Used pairs can be picked up for about thirty dollars less than the new price. While this may seem like a steep price for a pair of earphones, it is important to realize that these are highly advanced earphones that use a patented technique to give you the best quality level of sound every time. Musicians are known to use these earphones as backups to their custom fitted earphones, indicating that the TripleFi 10 earphones are an extremely high quality choice.

Comments

There are no comments to display.