Single Disc CD Player Rigid aluminum panel and cabinet constructionBurr-Brown's PCM1796...

TEAC PD-H600 Reference 600 Series CD Player

• Single Disc CD Player Rigid aluminum panel and cabinet constructionBurr-Brown's PCM1796 24-bit/192kHz delta-Sigma D.A converterHi-Fi quality ELNA capacitorA master clock generator operated with a finite low noise current located independently on the circuit adjacent to DA converter to avoid jitter noiseShunt regulator circuit to respond quickly to sudden musical surgeToroidal core power transformerCD tray made by the strongest synthetic materialSpecificationsCompatible Discs: CD-DA, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20,000Hz (?0.5dB) Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.003% (1kHz) Signal-to-Noise Ratio: more than 110dB (1kHz, 0dB, A weight) D/A Converter: 24bit/192kHz Delta-sigma (PCM1796) Oversampling Rate: 8-times Display: Fluorescent Dot-matrix Display Dimmer: Yes (Normal, Dimmed, Off) Audio Output: 1 RCA (Gold-plated, 2.0Vrms, 1kHz, 0dB) Digital Output: 1 Coaxial (Gold-plated, 0.5V, 75 ohms) Signal Ground Terminal: 1 Power Requirements: 120V, 60Hz (US), 230V, 50Hz (EUR/Asia) Consumption Power: 9W (Standby: 0.7W) Dimension (W x H x D) 11.4" x 4" x 12.1" 290 x 102 x 308mm Weight: 11.9 lbs. 5.4kg Accessories: System Remote Control, AAA Batteries x 2, RCA Cable, Power Cord, System Cable, Owner's Manual, Warranty Card

Recent Reviews

1. gonkulator
    Classy player from venerable maker
    Written by gonkulator
    Published May 31, 2012
    Pros - Elegant, solid, clear, quiet
    Cons - Not SACD compatible, if that matters, no headphone out
    I didn't think of TEAC when I began searching for a dedicated CD player. My initial short list included Denon, Cambridge, Marantz, Onkyo. The Teac intrigued me, so I went for it. It is very solid, minimalist, super quiet.  I haven't gotten into SACDs, so that wasn't a need. However, the Teac plays some compressed formats, in case I want some long uninterrupted listening sessions. It has the traditional RCA outs as well as a coaxial digital out. TEAC oddly instructs you to use the coax to connect to a "CD recorder" or other similar apparatus, but it works great connected to my Onkyo TX-NR5009 receiver. I like neutral sounding components, and that is what it sounds like to me. It is super quiet, sonically as well as the mechanisms themselves. No headphone out, but that is no big deal to me, as I would route it to an amp anyway, unless it had an exceptional headphone out.
    1. View previous replies...
    2. vivek r
      Hi,
      I like the Harbeths very much - it has a very even "mature" sound, one which is good for hours of listening without fatigue. It is livelier than the Spendors I owned earlier (S100 - the reason I sold it was it was just too massive), but I have heard more resolving speakers. It also works with a variety of music, though its not great for deep bass or for extreme dynamic swings (on comparison) - so its a bit less hi-fi, you may not get knocked over by the inshop listen, and its definitely not likely to impress friends on first listen ("like you paid USD 3600 for this?")!
      But if they ever get into hi fi, they'll then come over and listen again! Lovely tone.
      vivek r, Jun 5, 2012
    3. gonkulator
      Thanks for that.
      gonkulator, Jun 5, 2012
    4. gonkulator
      Yeah, I have noticed it online for sale, a good value.
      gonkulator, Oct 31, 2013

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!