T-PEOS B-100

1. kimvictor
    Budget IEM of Wonder from T-PEOS
    Written by kimvictor
    Published Jun 27, 2013
    Pros - Cheap. Clean. Light. Fashionable. Soundstage
    Cons - Hard to fit, Lacks bass extension
    About myself: http://www.head-fi.org/t/674373/story-of-a-new-reviewer-kimvictor

So, I'm used to reviewing more high end things, and I don't have much experience with lower end iems. However, when I bought the T-PEOS H-200, I was given a B-100. I was too busy with H-200 till recently, when I tried the B-100. I was surprised, in a good way. So here comes my review:

I'll start with pics.

20130627_235832.jpg
    B-100 and its contents. AK100 and Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII are sadly not included.
    20130627_235924.jpg
    Comparison with T-PEOS's flagship, H-200. B-100 is on the right.
    20130627_235938.jpg
    As you might notice, they are fashionable, unlike most BA iems that I know.
    20130628_000032.jpg
    B-100 with AK100+Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII. A marvelous set up. Oops! Wrong pic. That's the H-200, not the B-100.

Here is my break down. (This is the typical thing I do for reviews) (BA stands for Balanced Armateur. In this case, it's a Knowles BA)
    My reference is UERM. (Check my sig for review on the UERM)

T-PEOS B-100
    Price: 27,000won, shipping included. About 23-25 USD.
    Comfort: Decent. I have weird ears, so I have issues with them staying in my ear, but it's comfy.
    Build: Solid. The connection by the iems seems a bit flimsy, but overall very good.
    Amping/Source: I used AK100+Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII for this review. Haven't tried anything else yet, because I love that set up.
    Sub-bass: This iem was tuned with about 8db bass boost, yet it lacks real deep extension.
    Mid-bass: Surprisingly very good. I expected crappy loose bass, but the bass is very tight and punchy. Also has good amount of mid bass.
    Lower-mids: Flat. There is nothing too special. Bit grainy.
    Upper-mids: Slightly forward and shouty. I like it this way though.
    Lower-treble: Slightly shouty but has good presence and clarity.
    Upper-treble: Surprisingly extended and clean, typical of BA.
    Clarity: This is why I'm reviewing this iem. BAs are known to be clear, but iems like SE535 proved that claim wrong. However, B-100 made me reconsider that claim. Very good clarity, especially for less than $30. I have heard nothing at this price with such good clarity.
    Detail: Decent. Definitely above average for a $25 iem.
    Soundstage: Wide. It has a bit of reverb, creating a specious feel. This may be bad, but considering that this iem wasn't made for reference purposes, this reverb makes the sound much more enjoyable.

So it's a stylish mainstream iem tuned for more audiophile sound. It's know to be one of the best price/performance iem in Korea. Considering the price of this iem, it is truly a great buy(although I got it for free).

Please ask if you have any qustions.
    1. View previous replies...
    2. kimvictor
      But T Peos included a frequency chart with the iem, ao my 8db reference is coming from the graph.
      kimvictor, Jul 24, 2013
    3. lilboozy
      is the chart available online?
      lilboozy, Jul 24, 2013
    4. kimvictor
      No idea. Sorry. I think it is on t peos website.
      kimvictor, Jul 24, 2013