High Quality 16mm Driver Units / Neodymium Magnets for Powerful Bass and Clear Treble Sound /...

Sony MDR-E818LP Fontopia Ear-Bud Headphones with Acoustic Twin Turbo Circuit

4.41667/5,
  • High Quality 16mm Driver Units / Neodymium Magnets for Powerful Bass and Clear Treble Sound / Comfortable In-Ear Design

Recent Reviews

1. phillyd
    Amazing for the price, but still earbuds
    Written by phillyd
    Published May 29, 2014
    Pros - Sound quality, durability, price
    Cons - Isolation
    These headphones are great. If they fit, they cannot be beaten at the price. Unfortunately, I can't even keep earbuds in my ears, much less have them isolate.

If you need replacement earbuds, this is the right choice.
    1. rgwrjs
      Nice review. Thank you
      rgwrjs, Jan 24, 2015
  2. Headzone
    Replacement choice for stock apple earbuds
    Written by Headzone
    Published Dec 23, 2012
    3.0/5,
    Pros - Fine bass for buds, clear mids
    They play music. Sound quality is mediocre. Fit and build quality is awful.
  3. asxz
    !
    Written by asxz
    Published Dec 2, 2012
    I picked these up for $4 on amazon I wasn't expecting anything good really but wow was I wrong. They have great lows along with a really clear sound I would pay $40 for them.

Strongly recommended.
    1. wrathzombie
      The Fontopia were my favorite earphones before I joined Head-Fi. I had bought 3-4 MDR-ED12LP/R on separate occasions in a duration of 2-3 years. I had an 80 GB Ipod... Nostalgia !!!
      wrathzombie, Dec 3, 2012
    2. Mheat122134
      Great earbuds!
      Mheat122134, Dec 17, 2012
  4. Mheat122134
    Get them!
    Written by Mheat122134
    Published Nov 29, 2012
    I have had these earphones for quite a while now and they still work perfect like new. They offer a great bass sound that doesn't distort highs/mids with very balanced sound, clarity and a wide soundstage.
    1. kiteki
      These are totally excellent earphones A++++++++
      kiteki, Nov 29, 2012
  5. reddragon
    Amazing sound for the price
    Written by reddragon
    Published Mar 25, 2012
    Pros - Bass, clarity, rich and dynamic sound
    Cons - None
    The bass on these is amazing and can rival low end in ears. It doesn't drown out the other parts of the sound because it actually sounds like there is a separate layer of bass on the music. The clarity is good and the sound is rich and dynamic for earbuds, especially for its price. I have tested these against earbuds in the same price range (Panasonic RP-HV152, Sony MDR-E10LP, Philips SHE2640) and these outperform them in every single aspect in terms of sound quality. These are portable, comfortable, and inexpensive as are most earbuds in general. Great earbuds from Sony!
    1. View previous replies...
    2. JK1
      I have the E828, which is very similar to the E818, but perhaps a slight bit better. While the E828 has a decent amount of bass, when using it I heard some distortion, especially at higher volumes. For around the same price, the JVC Riptidz sounds so much better. The Riptidz is an IEM though. I guess the E818 and E828 aren't bad considering the low price.
      JK1, Mar 26, 2012
    3. JK1
      The E828 has a Y cord,and right angle plug. I assume the E818 is the same, however I am not sure about that.
      JK1, Mar 26, 2012
    4. reddragon
      it has a y cord and a L jack, and no i have not tried any jvc product.
      reddragon, Mar 27, 2012
  6. Carbine
    Good budget earbuds.
    Written by Carbine
    Published Jul 2, 2011
    Pros - Sound quality, bass, portability, durability.
    Cons - No cons other than there are better options.
    These are quite common in retail stores in my city (Toronto) and cost around $15-$20 CAD. I've been using them for years, because they are inexpensive, sound decent and are portable. They don't sound too distorted at high levels. I never had mines break, never had audio jack or audio cut out problems, but then again it really depends on the user, because I am very careful with my belongings.

Overall, these are great as replacement earbuds; a great inexpensive earbud for every day use instead of stock ones. Of course, there are better ones, but these are great for this price range.

1. Syros
      A very timely review for me. I've been looking for an decent inexpensive earbud for a while now, This one seems to fit the bill perfectly.
      Thanks!
      Syros, Jul 3, 2011
    2. JK1
      $15-20 for this???? On the B&H website it is $5.29. I buy the E828, which might be quite similar? The E828 is $5.99 on the B&H website. The E828 has somewhat boosted bass and highs. The bass sounds okay and not boomy. . An excellent deal for around $6! Of course it isn't nearly as good as the Sennheiser MX580, which B&H sells for $23.
      The MX580 has much greater midrange detail, and bass and treble that are not boosted and sound more natural. Imo the MX580 sounds almost as good as the $75+ Sony E888.
      JK1, Dec 26, 2011
    3. sneaglebob
      I also happen to find the price to be at around 10 to 8 USD
      sneaglebob, Jan 31, 2012

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!