Begin enjoying Blu-ray 3D movies in Full HD 1080p or DVDs in near HD quality faster than ever with...

Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray Disc Player

2.5/5,
  • Begin enjoying Blu-ray 3D movies in Full HD 1080p or DVDs in near HD quality faster than ever with the Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray Disc Player. Wirelessly stream photos, videos and music or instantly access a wide variety of entertainment apps including: Netflix, , Pandora, Slacker, Picasa, YouTube and more. You can also turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a remote control by downloading a free app.

Recent Reviews

1. carltT
    sony forgot some things
    Written by carltT
    Published Jun 30, 2010
    2.5/5,
    Pros - bd-live has many connection points
    Cons - No ZOOM in, real bad wireless
    I purchased a sony BDP-S570 (first thing I did was download latest firmware 5.88) my first major dissapointment was how badly 802.11G wireless worked, I live in a very conventional wood home and just 30 feet away I kept getting disconnects from my dsl router every 5 minutes or so, I then went an purchased a 802.11N adapter and still had disconnects trying to download movies from netflix. I finally gave up and hard wired it temporarily. It works great downloading movies hard wired. next disapointment was the sony has no zoom in what so ever. For the engineers to leave out such a basic feature Benumbs me. I have watched countless movies and somewhere within the movie I have stopped it and looked in slowmo and zoomed in. As far as 3D there is no standard yet I have no intention of changing out my TV and wearing stupid glasses so its useless. the sony loads Disc very fast and the BD-live is robust but at the end of the day I returned this unit and bought an LG BD570. the LG is a far better blu-ray player for all the reasons the sony is not. Even if it doesnt have 3D and loads slightly slower.

Dont waste your time, buy the LG BD570, you will be much happier.

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!