SoftEars Turii

HuoYuanJia

Previously known as Ultrazino
Member of the Trade: HEDD Audio
Best Single-Dynamic Driver Yet
Pros: + fantastical and musical tuning (flat bass, flat treble, yet neutral midrange)
+ insane resolution
+ sheer endless amount of small details without distorting the sound reproduction in any way
+ huge soundstage
Cons: - heavy, though not uncomfortable
- poor isolation
The full review is available on my blog, as published on March 5th, 2021.

Verdict​

High-Fidelity is a science. I always try to present myself as a conservative user who prefers linearity. But I also do not forget what music is for, like the time I described what it’s like to be an audiophile. I wrote a feature on the 64 Audio Fourté on how a design not following the textbook can add to musicality and, ultimately, realism in audio reproduction. The Turii is just such a case. It brings the audio to life!

The design is bold, though the size is much smaller than it appears on images. Nonetheless, there will be a few ears that will find discomfort in the heavy metal build, but I have to recommend that you give the Turii and its complex absorber chamber a shot. In my mind, it is the best single dynamic IEM I have yet heard!

Whether I want pure music, all the details, a tight and punchy bass, to notice audio compression in a track, hear a producer’s signature or have a dynamic sound to swallow me completely, I pick Turii. This is an outstanding sound performance! Respect!

zeissiez
zeissiez
When I listened to the Turii, a few keywords stroke me: Balance, Realism, Coherency, Accuracy. I have never heard a pair of IEM that sounded so right. It does all that with good musicality to top it off. Compared to the QDC Dmagic, which has a triple DD design, the Turii is less bright and more accurate in the treble. Another IEM by Softears, the RSV, is also very good. I would say better than IEMs like Dunu SA6. Out of nowhere, Softears gave me a double shock. It’s a brand I’ll keep my eyes (or ears) on.
M
MATWIN94
Fantastic review .. I would love compared the TURII to the SEN IE900.. anyway I really dive in the review .. very expressive and teachfull .. bravo
B
Buckeyedentite
I will second the turii to ie900 comparison. Been keeping my eye on those two!