Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
jude
jude
I'm not crazy about the fabric-wrapped cable either, but it has so far held up well for me, and I've used the Aviator a lot. As for overall durability, my main Aviator (I have two of them) is not treated gently--at all--and it has held up very well so far. I think its biggest con is the low level of isolation for a closed headphone. As for price, I think it's competitive with any other headphone I have tried at that price, in terms of just its sound. You're right in that it's not for bass heads--some might consider it a bit light way down low, but what it has down there is good, and well resolved. Again, I think it's a very good value for the money if (a) you're not into bass emphasis, and (b) you're okay with the rather low level of noise isolation. Thanks for the review.
Redcarmoose
Redcarmoose
It would be interesting to have a standoff between the Bose On Ears and these. The Bose On Ears are at the same price, I would guess more bass, but may not hold up as long under heavy abuse in public.Somehow I am now the proud owner of a second pair of Broken Bose On Ears. These may last better under the pressure of heavy public use.
Mochan
Mochan
I have yet to hear these, been wanting a pair of the brown ones since I saw them, but from what everyone is saying these sound completely opposite to the Bose OE. OEs are not resolving at all and have nice delicious fat bass. Seems completely different from these so a comparison doesn't really make sense. Also, I seem to be one of the few people who actually know how to take care of the Bose OEs, because I had them for years and they never broke.