If you know audio gear, you know the Sennheiser HD 650. The company’s flagship from 2003 to 2009,...

Sennheiser X Massdrop HD 6XX

5/5,
  • If you know audio gear, you know the Sennheiser HD 650. The company’s flagship from 2003 to 2009, this open-back headphone has shown serious staying power. Praised for its richly detailed, effortlessly enjoyable sound, it remains one of the most talked-about products on Head-Fi today—and is still widely considered among the best headphones under $1,000. So when we teamed up with Sennheiser on its first-ever community-driven design partnership, the HD 650 was a natural place to start. A new revision of the popular all-rounder, the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX has that same great sound plus a few updates, and a price that makes it even easier to love.

Recent Reviews

1. wu6u3
    Great Soundstage and clearness headphone
    Written by wu6u3
    Published Jan 8, 2018
    Pros - Clearness, CP high, beautiful voice, good sound stage
    Cons - A little bit tight
    I bought HD 6xx in Nov 2016. Before I got this, I already got ATH AD1000x, ATH M50x, and Massdrop X AKG K7xx. So I will compare HD 6xx to these three headphones.

Appearance and package:
    The package is way better than Massdreop x AKG K7xx. There is a nice box and soft sponges. On the top of the headphone, there is a beautiful Sennheiser logo. Wire is detachable. I know there is some upgrade wires for this but I didn't buy it.

Comfortableness:
    It is quite comfortable when I put it over my head and ear. It covered all over my ears and the soft velvet(?) is pretty comfortable. It is a little bit tight but not as tight as M50x. I won't feel uncomfortable for several hours. Compared to ATH AD1000x and AKG K7xx, it is tighter than those two.

I have run for more than 100 hours since I got this.

The sound is clear and beautiful!
    The Music style I usually listen are classical music, Japanese Pop and female singers, such as Beyonce and Celine Dion.
    The voice of violin are bright. The sound stage for symphony are excellent. The dumb and cello are thick and firm. It also preforms great in low frequency.
    The female singers voice was crystal clear and bright! The sound stage are deep and broad.
    Male singers, like Josh Gorban, are also good.

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!