RHA MA750i noise isolating premium in ear headphone (with remote and microphone)Handmade dynamic...

RHA MA750i

Average User Rating:
4.02273/5,
Tags:
  • RHA MA750i noise isolating premium in ear headphone (with remote and microphone)Handmade dynamic drivers, machined stainless steel and a premium oxygen free copper cable; The MA750i epitomises quality and performance. Using RHA's aerophonic design, 560.1 drivers and a secure over ear fit, the MA750i excels in sound reproduction and a comfortable, noise isolating fit. Sound signature: Precise, balanced and articulate sound reproduction with a great depth of soundstage. 3 year warranty 303F grade stainless steel construction Handmade dynamic driver for clear, natural sound reproduction Reinforced, 1.35m oxygen free cable Signature aerophonic design 10 sets of dual density, silicone and memory foam ear tips 3 button in line remote with 360 Degree mic. What's in the box. RHA MA750i premium noise isolating in ear headphone with remote and microphone Premium carry case 10 sets of dual density, silicone and memory foam ear tips Patent pending stainless steel ear tip holder User guide

Recent User Reviews

1. High-End-Addict
    0.5/5,
    "Very poor sound, very expensive , Don't ever buy those"
    Pros - aluminium design Made in Europe nice packaging
    Cons - averything is wrong sound balance is no bass plenty of harsh treble
    This is the worse purchase i did in audio ever.
    RHA should be ashamed releasing such a poor quality product.
    And the audio press should be ashamed not to mention this is well below average ...
    I think I will not even give it away just throw in the WC where it should never have come out.
    Doesn't deserve to say more.
    And do not hope that anything can better it. no tweaks , no burn-in, no hope.
    ABSOLUTE ZERO
  2. Peter Zhang
    "There won't be regrets in buying these."
    Pros - Great isolation, comfortable warm sound, solid build, premium feel, fantastic service.
    Cons - Metal body might take time to get used to (not really a con)
    First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke my pair(which is completely my fault) and I sent them an email about it, and they sent me a replacement that is brand new. If you're new to hifi, and want a pair of versatile in-ears, these are definitely not letting you down.
  3. meetpatel3686
    "Luxury IEMs in a budget along with great aesthetics and sonic capabilities...!!"
    Pros - Great soundstage,Isolation,Build quality,Detailed and lush sound
    Cons - Slightly heavy,Stock tips,Lacks details in mids

Preamble:
    RHA is a Scottish brand that has been around for a few years.The MA750s that I'm reviewing today has been bought by me for around 120$.I'm in no way affiliated to RHA,I just want to share my honest opinion.Here's the official website for this IEM - https://www.rha-audio.com/sg/headphones/ma750.html

About me:
    I'm a bachelor.Honestly I don't know much about the sonic technicalities though I can distinguish between different frequencies.I rely on my ears.This whole head-fi thing is new to me(and growing).I prefer rock,country and indie pop.I like neutral to warmish sound.I'm a newbie so I'd request you to consider other reviews as well.

Specifications:
    Drivers
    Handmade Dynamic (model 560.1)
    Frequency range
    1.35m, reinforced, OFC
    Connections
    3.5mm, gold plated

Packaging and Accessories:
    The MA750s are packed with great care in a premium box having a magnetic flap.The packaging makes you feel the premiumness of the product aesthetically.It looks so stunning.Even the tip holder is made of metal.These looks so sexy.Included were the 2 pairs of comply premium foam ear tips,3 pairs of silicon ear tips and 2 pairs of double flange ear tips.One carrying case and a clothing clip is also there.A detailed booklet has been also provided by the RHA,which is great IMO.Overall the packaging and accessories provides premium experience.

Here are some pics from the official website:
    MA750-9-transparent_1024x1024.jpg
    ma750.png
    ma750-02.png

MA750-04-2x_1.png
    t-series-holder-comply_1__1.png

ma750-05.png

Build Quality and Aesthetics:
    The first impression out of the box was the impressive build quality of the IEMs.RHA has used stainless steel as much as possible.The housing is all made of stainless steel.Even the spliter is also made of metal.The cable is quite thick and seems very sturdy.The headphone jack is also made of metal and it is protected by strain relief.And let's not forget that whooping 3 years warrenty provided by RHA that reflects their confidence for the product.These IEMs look very sexy and enchanting.

Fit and Comfort:
    Despite being heavy the MA750s are quite comfortable.Initially one might struggle for a good fit,but once you find good fit you will forget about their weight.As these IEMs are made to wear over ear maybe some may not appreciate the design,while I myself like this approach which helps in demolition of the weight.The cable is also lengthy which is a good thing.

Sound Quality:
    I honestly did’nt expect much from the MA750s,it turned out that I underestimated them.These requires a long burn in IMO.I would suggest to burn them in for at least 50 hours.The sound tonalty of MA750s is detailed having emphasis on the highs.The overall spectrum seems to be on the neautral side.

Lows:
    The upper bass on the MA750s is detailed and punchy along with spaciousness.While the mid bass and the sub bass lacks the depth and the extension.The sub bass lacks the punchiness.Overall the lows have good resolution.The lows do not seem to be interfereing with the mids in any way.For the price I think the performance of lows is great.

Mids:
    Mids are quite detailed and full of energy.No sibilance is noted.Mids have a full body and are articulate.The vocals lacks the definition and seems dull.Mids are less forward in comparision to other spectrum.Mids definitely lacks the naturalness of the sound.I personally believe the mids could be better on these IEMs.Though considering the price the quality of mids is good and acceptable.

Highs:
    Excellent!!! The highs on these are full of lush and energy.The highs are speedy and edgy,but they are not piercing.Highs have a good texture and definition.It represents spaciousness in the overall sound spectrum.Honestly the highs on these punches way above their price.Bravo RHA!!

Soundstage and Seperation:
    If you carve for wide soundstage and good imaging in IEMs,these IEMs will surely satisfy your need.They have enough depth as well as wildth.The instrunemts sounds well articulated and have natural texture.IMO the soundstage and separation is excellent for this price range.

Isolation:
    The isolation with the stock tips is average.The comply foam tips are must in order to achieve a good seal and proper isolation.After achieving a good seal you can simply forget everything else and focus on the music.

Comparison:
    I won’t be able to compare these to my other IEMs due to my study and hence I won’t be able to justify such comparison.Sorry for the same.However if anyone’s interested for comparison against MDR XB90EX,Shozy Zero,VE Monk+,MDR XB70AP he can pm me for the same.

Conclusion:
    The RHA MA750 was released back in 2013,though they are excellent value for money if you want engaging sounstage,excellent highs and lush sound.The MA750s let you experience the natural spectrum of the sound.If you’re new to the head-fi journey and want to experience the neutral sound along with a touch of fun the RHA MA750 is the perfect choice.In brief you can’t go wrong with these IEMs due to its lush and energetic sound.

4. nimano45
    "Sonorous and Stylish: my consumer-oriented review"
    Pros - Tight bass. detailed and warm midrange, crispy and clear treble, wonderful design, excellent build quality, good comfort with a plenty of ear tips
    Cons - Lacks a little bit of refinement compared to higher end models, treble can be a bit overbearing, depending on source material, tangly cable
    Disclaimer: The kind folks over at RHA provided me a sample of this unit. This, however, will not impact the opinions or the verdict in any way. Shots from the official RHA website.

About me:

I am a young music-lover and former music producer from a little place called Bergen, Norway. My belief is that good sound should be accessible for everyone and anyone, which is why this review is not written from an audiophile perspective. As for my sound preferences, I tend to go back and forth between a v-shaped sound and a somewhat bassy one, with a slight roll-off in the highs, depending on source material. Warm, lively, exciting, powerful and impactful are all appropriate buzzwords. Also, to make my reviews more accessible, I use nothing but a cell phone and a desktop audio interface while testing. But enough about me, let us get to it…

Design and build quality:

If there is one aspect where all other headphone manufacturers need to follow RHA, this is it. These guys are built in stainless steel, which leads them to perform WAY above their price range is terms of quality and build. The cable is also fortified with steel in two places: around the 3,5mm plug, where it connects to the sound source, as well as where the cable splits into two. More on the cable, it feels durable enough for regular use, especially with the mentioned fortifying. However, it does get a bit tangly, which is a bit annoying to deal with. Design-wise, it is also an excellent performer in my book, as I really enjoy their classy, subtle and luxurious looks. This is an aspect many, sadly enough, tend to at least partially ignore. I can therefore happily state that this is not the case here.
    MA750.png
    Here you can see the design of the MA750i's, where the build quality clearly shines through.

Comfort:

Due to their stainless steel build, they are slightly heavier than most. However, with their over-ear supports, which may not be to everyone’s liking, they stay secure and fit well while not heavy at all. As for comfort, they come with a whopping 10 pairs of included ear tips, two of which are double flanged, with another two made from memory foam. After finding the best fit, which should be pretty much impossible not to given the huge amount of included ear tips and varieties, they stay comfortably in my ear, and I can wear them for hours without any major discomfort issues. You might need to go through a few pairs of ear tips in order to find the one that suits you the best, but once you manage that, there is no need to look back.

t-series-holder-comply.png
    All the tips included with these headphones, all contained in a stylish holder.

Now for the most important aspect of all audio products; the sound. As you can see I have split this segment into five parts, with additional thoughts in the final segment.

Lows: The bass is very tight and focused, maybe more than the preference of the average consumer. It definitely has a solid presence, but it manages this without overpowering the rest of the audio spectrum and doesn’t bleed into the midrange. The amount of lows might not be much for average consumers used to overpowering and muddy bass, but its tightness and presence contributes to this IEM bridging the gap between the consumer world and high-end audio.

Mids: As these headphones feature a v-shaped sound signature, the mids are a bit recessed. They can also be described as warm, which is to my strong liking. Detail, while not winning over much more expensive options, is not a shortage here, and they deliver a present, crisp and clear experience. Also, it is worth noting that while the mids take a little step back, they do not suffer from the weird tonalities and other ruining audible factors.  If I had to nitpick, I would say the upper mids deserve a tidbit more presence. Nothing of major concern, though.

Highs: The treble, unsurprisingly, is boosted as well. Coming from a smoother pair of headphones, these initially sounded harsh. It is also worth noting that this is a common talking point of critics of these headphones. I personally do not believe in “burn-in” as a technical phenomenon, instead being process where your brain gets used to the sound. Anyway, I found the highs to be a bit harsh in beginning, but after some quality time with them, I found myself getting used to the treble. There is plenty of detail here, and they are just as crisp and clear as the mids. However, with me personally being a bit treble-sensitive, they can be a bit too much when playing content heavy on highs.

Soundstage: The soundstage is reasonably wide. Nothing extreme, but it is more than spacious enough, and I doubt that any of you will be dissatisfied with it. Instrumental layering and positioning is good and very satisfying.

Sound overall:

In my subjective opinion, these IEMs manage to deliver a balanced, yet crisp, detailed and powerful sound for a decent price. The lows should be strong enough for most’s liking, but also tight enough to not overpower the rest of the music. The mids are well balanced, rich and warm, but they are a bit recessed, which may be a deal breaker to some. The treble, like the lows, are a bit boosted, but after some time getting used to them they were nothing but a positive experience, livening up dull recordings with that extra bit of crispiness and spark. Overall, I thoroughly enjoy this product’s wonderful sound, and I find it to work well with all the genres I have thrown at it, including pop, electronic and more acoustical performances. They can’t measure up to the refinement offered by some other models, mostly higher priced, but I did not miss it at all.

DSC_04722.jpg These produce an excellent sound for most people, even from portable sources.

Noise isolation:

As a portable in-ear headphone, noise isolation is also very important when using it while out and about. For this type of usage I found it to be as well suited as most other in-ears. It does not feature active noise cancelling or anything like that. Instead, it has as good passive noise isolation as most other IEMs. They block out more than enough commute noise for a listenable experience. As always, some of the lower end gets drowned in the noise, but that is hard to correct without active noice cancelling technologies. The  way it is is more than acceptable in my opinion.

Who’s this product for?

This product is for your everyday music lover, who is tired of the apple earbuds, and wants something more stylish and better sounding. They have also been described as perfect for “the audiophile on a budget”, which I can definitely agree with. As a first dip into the world high-res, audiophile goodness, these are excellent.

Verdict: 4,5/5

P.S. For some reason the "audio quality" meter on this article is far lower than it should be. I rank the audio as 9/10.
  5. Cinder
    "A Refined Sound With a Refined Build to Match"
    Pros - Excelent build quality, relatively flat sound signature, spacious sound stage
    Cons - Cable has too much body, mild plastic color distortion, can be finicky to get the right fit
    IMG_0239.jpg

It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost them. I’ve yearned for a sound similar to them, and the MA750i delivers in a spectacular way. Not only are the MA750i more comfortable and lighter than the GT100s, they also sound much, much better, while retaining a similar overall sound signature.
    I have a thing for British headphone makers, as the Brits have something special in store for me every time I check back with them. RHA is no exception. However, unlike the rest of the crowd, RHA puts a tremendous focus on the engineering aspect of building headphones — and it shows.
    You can buy the MA750i for $130 from the official US RHA store page here.
    Disclaimer: This review is based upon a sample unit provided to me by a manufacturer in exchange for my honest opinion and un-edited words. I do not profit in any way from the writing of the review. I would like to thank Marina at RHA for providing me with a review unit of the MA750i.
    Preference and Bias: Before reading a review, it is worth mentioning that there is no way for a reviewer to objectively pass judgment on the enjoy-ability of a product: such a thing is inherently subjective. Therefore, I find it necessary for you to read and understand what I take a natural liking to and how that might affect my rating of a product.
    My ideal sound signature would be an extended sub-bass with a leveled, but textured, bass. The mids should be slightly less pronounced than the treble, but still ahead of the bass. I prefer a more bright upper range.
    Source: The MA750i was powered off of a Nexus 6P -> Creative Sound Blaster E3. All music was served as FLAC, ALAC, or as 320Kbps Mp3. I found the standard DAC/Amp inside my phone and PC to be inadequate to drive the MA750i at its peak levels of performance.

IMG_0235.jpg

Sound Signature

Treble: Songs used: Supermassive Black HoleAriseFade Into Darkness
    When listening to the MA750i, the first thing I noticed was the energetic treble. It’s unlike anything I’ve tested so far, and is better than the titanium driver-clad GT100s. Furthermore, both treble response and detail is better in the MA750i than the blue-filter Gemini HD.
    Supermassive Black Hole felt incredibly complete and coherent, as much of the instrumentation Muse uses regularly crosses from the mids to the treble — something that causes detail to be lost in less capable IEMs.
    The high-hats of Arise remained clear throughout the entire song, and were spaced well. Each one had a clear beginning and end, and had excellent transient response. The timbre of the instruments represented in the treble is overall very good.
    While not a song I listed as “using” for treble, I find it worth mentioning how sweet the treble of The Drift was. It’s tonal qualities are represented drastically different way from my other headphones, which have usually lent a softer, and sometimes harsher, sound.
    Treble is generally tied with the upper mids for the most “forward” frequency range.
    Mids: Songs used: The DriftJarsIn Bloom
    The mids in The Drift were phenomenal. This is owed to the MA750i’s relatively flat frequency response. The piano sounds natural. Far more so than with other IEMs I’ve tested, barring the M50x which performs about the same on this song.
    The guitars of Jars became alive, and were raw in their deliverance. There is so much precision, you can hear the picking of the strings clearly through the upper-left channel. Vocals were fantastic. You can hear the strain of Pete Loeffler’s voice, and even detect a slight slur in his pronunciation. The clear mids really help provide a good amount of transparency to the overall sound signature.
    Bass: Songs used: LightsBangarang99 Problems (Hugo Cover)
    I find bass to be a tad too dry. Lights has the potential for some really nice bass accentuation, but remained rather surfacey.
    Bangarang is much more tight than I’ve heard it before, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It opens up the song to become more than just its bass response, making it much more enjoyable overall.
    99 Problems had an impact (or the lack thereof) issue. While the detail was there, it didn’t reach far down enough into the bass for me. Some light EQing was able to handily fix that.
    Male Vocals: Song used: Hotel CaliforniaAshes of EdenSunday Bloody Sunday
    Male voices resolve pretty well over the MA750i. I found Hotel California to perform well, with Glen Frey’s voice sounding fuller than usual. Ashes of Eden’s vocals were a tad too dark, but otherwise detailed and clear. Sunday Bloody Sunday’s lyrics were airy and light, and meshed well with the song.
    Female Vocals: Songs used: Stupid GirlSweet EscapeNeed Your Heart
    Female vocals can come off too softly. Stupid Girl was particularly subject to the softening, while Need Your Heart was virtually unaffected. Sweet Escape was in the middle, but still noticeably softer than I remember it being on the GT100s and M50x. However, for every song I tested that sounded too soft, I found two more that sounded just right. Therefore, I can conclude that the fault lies not with the drivers themselves, but the various compression formats and mixing styles of different producers.
    Sound Stage
    Sound staging is among the best I’ve every heard from an IEM. There is an airy width to the stage, along with a large amount of height, and a moderate amount of depth. It’s the first true “3D space” I’ve heard through headphones. As such, I’m not sure how it compares to other IEM giants, but can assure the layman that it is beyond anything you can casually pick up at Best Buy or Target.

Packaging and Unboxing

IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg

Build

Construction Quality
    Construction quality is top notch. Much of the build is machined from stainless steel. The driver housings are light, smooth, and cool to the touch. I find them to also be very, very hard, and not prone to scratching.
    The cable is solid feeling and textured well. However, in my brief period with the MA750i, I’ve noticed the cable tends to hold its shape too well, leading it to become unruly. Relatedly, bending the cable at anything further than a shallow angle can cause some distortion in the plastic’s color, creating some white spots.
    IMG_0302.jpg

Engineering quality is RHA’s specialty, and they really leave it all on the table when designing the stress relief systems of their cables. The 3.5mm jack’s connection housing is stainless steel, and has a rubber-sheath that extends onto the cable and is covered by a strong and appropriately taught spring. The spring helps negate a lot of the arbitrary bending force applied to the cable throughout the day, while not getting in the way. I like the implementation.

IMG_0240.jpg

The inline controls are also built well. Made from a single unit of machined stainless steel and a soft-touch plastic covering, the MA750i’s Apple inline controls feel and look great. The buttons are sturdy, and have the right amount of give. The cable is reinforced at the points where the it meets the controls’ housing, something many IEMs oddly omit. Microphonics ,while not completely eliminated, are so faint that they are easily ignored when listening on the go.
    Comfort is always a tricky subject, but is more so on over-ear IEMs. Since everyone’s ears are shaped differently, I cannot guarantee that my words here will apply when you try on the MA750i.
    I am using the MA750i with the included Comply tips. This means that in addition to fitting the ear hooks, I also have to compress the foam and press it into my ear, making for a rather tedious 3-step process. However, the reward is well worth the effort. The ear hooks completely disperse any pull gravity has on the headphones, letting the Comply ear tips make the MA750i “disappear” into my ear. So while the MA750i has the potential to be verycomfortable, there is a learning curve to getting them to sit correctly in, and on, your ear.
    Sound Isolation
    Sound isolation is okay. I generally expect more from IEMs that share the MA750i’s form factor, and am slightly disappointed. I could still (barely) hear a snap through my music at moderate levels. However, the MA750i brilliantly blocks out the sound of my mechanical keyboard, and the sound of those around me.
    Inline Controls / Mic
    I’ll never approve of anything less than the inclusion of universal controls on IEMs of this price range. Unfortunately, RHA decided to go the Apple only route, leaving the majority of people who own a smartphone without any volume or rich control functionality. But yes, play/pause and fast-forward functions do indeed work with Android and Windows Phone devices.
    The mic sounds pretty good, and is the best among those I’ve tested so far. I sound clear on the other line when making a phone call, and playing back voice recordings taken over the mic results in a rather clear playback.
    Accessories
    The MA750i comes well stocked with extra earbuds, all of which I found to be high-quality. I especially appreciate the inclusion of two sets of Comply ear tips. The leatherette carrying case is very premium-feeling, and is sturdy enough to give me the confidence to throw this case into my backpack without the headphones suffering any complications.
    IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

Summary

The MA750i provides a premium feel, a premium look, and a premium sound. The flat sound signature is not for those seeking jaw-breaking bass, and will be much more satisfying for treble heads and audio purists. If you don’t want to deal with the learning curve of getting the right fit for the MA750i, then you may want to look elsewhere. For everyone else, I highly recommend these IEMs.
  6. VonMillerFan
    3.5/5,
    "Excellent build quality, mediocre sound quality"
    Pros - Build quality
    Cons - dark sounding, lacks detail in the midrange
    Build quality is great and they're so much more comfortable than my GR07s.  I really wanted to like them, but I just couldn't get them dialed in.  Even heavily EQing the bass and treble down, the mids still sounded recessed and lacked detail.  The thumpy bass is nice, but the novelty wore off quickly.  I work in the audio industry and I understand a lot of people like a "hot" top end with a fat bottom end - if that's you, then these would be a great headphone for you.  If you're looking for flat response, with detailed mids, then I have to say give something else a try.  I think these would also benefit greatly from an amp if you're considering these for use with a phone or tablet.

Based on build quality and comfort, if RHA ever comes out with IEM with flat response, it would be high on my list to try.
  7. hstubc
    "Plain amazing"
    Pros - Great bass, Clarity, Present highs, 3 YEARS WARRANTY
    Cons - No swappable cable, the case looks a bit cheap?
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I write reviews only when I'm blown away with a product and this one is one of them. I tried the higher end model, T20i and I absolutely hated it. I thought I'd never buy RHA products again but I did. The 750i pair that I have got sound simply amazing.

The sound is a signature dynamic driver sound. It's not a very bassy headphone. Even if you consider it bassy, the bass does not bleed into mid or highs so the overall sonic signature is very clear. The treble is there and is not annoying at all (like the IE800s that I had). It's sparkly, fun and gives a sense of air to the sound.

They are very comfortable to use as they are over ear. I find the stock silicon tips to work the best.

The cable suffers from some minor microphonics but it comes with a microphone!!! which makes it ideal to use with a smartphone.
     ​
    The best way to judge these is if you try them. They are available at Apple store so do it! You won't be disappointed [​IMG]

P.S.
    Sometimes, I feel confused in the world of audio! This IEM costs about $100 and it sounds better than a $300 JVC. I enjoy it more than my former IE800 which costs $700. I'm starting to slowly absorb the idea that the price does not necessarily correlate with performance. In addition, lower end models of a headphone company, in this case the 750s can sound better to some than the high end ones (T20i)!
     ​
  8. potatoe94
    "Forget the SE215 , The MA750i overthrows it . "
    Pros - Built Quality , Audio Quality , Bang For Buck , Extra Eartips , Stainless Steel , 3 year warranty .
    Cons - mandatory burn in required
    My last review was the IE800 + iFi iDSD Micro , which i really thought i wouldn't be writing another review of audio products as i sold both of them away due to my enlistment into the Singapore National Service in the Singapore Armed Forces , "Army" as some would call it .

Well , here i am again as i am allowed to bring these into camp !

Alright , after selling the insanely top notch bundle , i decided to settle for something a little affordable which covers my 2 years in this journey here , where i require them to be durable too . Then i stumble upon them , the MA750i , which meets most of my needs , High quality built , excellent audio quality for the price , 2 sets of ear-tips per size in case you lose yours . a luxurious leather pouch . There is nothing much i could ask for considering the price range .

Audio
    Similiarly , the reason behind my decision is also the fact that i am a sucker for dynamic drivers , balanced armature just does not sound right to me , regardless how well they are tuned , no way sound resonates as beautifully and naturally as a dynamic driver .

Its sound, is tuned for fun and clarity
    great bass quality , lush mids , pleasant high-mids which may be slightly recessed (not an issue, but a character) , treble is acceptable , not harsh nor lacking . overall it sounds well bodied with character and energy , enough for you to justify the price you paid and more .

The sound signature should appeal to masses.
    Energetic, Powerful, Solid, Lush, Warm, Intimate.

The soundstage is wide for a IEM of the price , definitely not as comparable as my IE800 , but at the fraction of the price , it is a very strong contender considering it's price . Instrumental segregation is rather good too.

if you are looking for an IEM around this price range , do seriously consider these .

An important thing to note would be that they require a fair bit of burn in before they are ready for evaluation , initial out of the box sounds like crap, honestly . Let it to play slightly louder than your usual listening volume for about a day , then get back to it , you'll be impressed . it gets even better with longer duration of use . Many reviewers have also mentioned about this mandatory initial burn in of the RHA required . Just do it .

Built
    Not a plastic in sight . One material i dislike most is plastic , having paid a premium for my things , i hate touching plastic . plastic is a cheap material and it makes your product look cheap , thank goodness none was found in the built of these , steel , rubber and silicone . You can coat the plastic with rubber and i will still be fine with it . hahaha !

Entire IEM have a quality weight to it , its rather dense , but i like my product alittle weighty too , similarly , light IEM makes it feel cheap . I am not particularly sure what is with all these premium materials RHA is using to divert it's competitors to RHA , but it works . Even the packaging is beautiful , when you flip over the black box , the presentation and array of eartips will stir your mind , they will be compelled to give in . trust me . it's like a man's jewellery .

Competitor
    In my opinion , the direct competitor the Shure SE215 , have got some planning to do , it's a very popular IEM , definately outsell the RHA MA750i , however at roughly the similar price , the Shure SE215 gives you a plastic housing , smaller dynamic driver , connection issues due to wear in the MMCX pin , 1 year warranty , a drawstring soft pouch , a limited number of ear tips , slightly poorer in clarity in mids and treble . Bass quality would be up to your preference , as i could not remember it , but it should be rather close .

Conclusion
    To conclude my review of the MA750i , i would say , if you are deciding on getting an in ear in this price range , go down to your retailer , give it's box a flip , then ask for a demo of the unit , you may just fall in love with it the moment you hold it in your very hands . The sound will then blow you away with it's quality for that price .

5 star product , solely for all the bang for my hard earned dollar .

DSC02876-2.jpg

DSC02877-2.jpg
    DSC02878-2.jpg

Traveller and DynamikeB like this.
  9. nagpf
    1.5/5,
    "RHA MA750"
    Pros - Solid Build Quality. amazing choice of tips. long cable.
    Cons - sound on iphone is terrible.
    I bought these on the recommendation of the many reviews on this site and amazon. I purchased it in the apple store and have owned them now for almost 2 years.And frankly am disappointed.
    Myhouse growing up was an audiophile's dream. MAny rooms with very high end systems. My Folks are audiophiles, I appreciate good sound but live in an old appartment and can't enjoy.
    Davis and BW speakers are my favourite. I like sound that is rich.
    And these headphones sound awful on the iphone. They do sound a little better on my microsoft surface which is of a higher resistance and power.
    This is going to shock a few headfiers, but honestly the $35 apple earpod's sound KILL these. Like no contest. Now if only they would fit well like the RHA's which are a little heavy but ergonomically great.
    I should point that 6 months in I had a few problems and RHA replaced them with a new pair. Their service is impecable. as is their build quality. But when I sit on my balcony with a rhum and coke and want to enjoy some pop, classical or rock or even hip hop I reach for Earphods or Grado sr80;s.
  10. Onthecoast
    "The RHA MA750i is worth the effort to get the fit right."
    Pros - Build quality.Attention to detail.Aesthetics.Accessories.Sound balance.Price.
    Cons - Deeper tip insertion required.Audio control buttons need to be more responsive.Case should be rigid.
    I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement.

I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough but they lacked top end and a little weak on bass. They also had no player control or mic.

I've never had to deeply insert tips with headphones due to the shape of my ear canals so when I got the MA750's I took the same approach.

I went through the range of tips 4 or 5 times trying to find a set that would work. None did - I got the typical issues caused by lack of fit.

No bass and lots of uncontrolled highs - really unpleasant.

I was ready to send them back despite being very impressed with the build quality and design.

I spoke to the supplier about returning them and they suggested one more effort with the small double flange tips suggesting I do the ear lift and insert technique to get them deeper.

WOW - what a difference.

Tremendous range, tight bass and good sub bass on my bass test tracks. Middle slightly pulled back which I like and sweet highs with none of the high distortion I was getting.

They are so quick to use now, very comfortable and can't fault the sound.

The minor issues I have with them apart from the deeper tip insertion below - mostly for RHA's interest .....

The audio control buttons need to have a better click feel. They are responsive but could have a better click feel to them.
    The neck cinch needs to be above the audio control unit (can't cinch up tight to neck).
    The case needs to be more rigid and have a spacer in it to offer crush protection.
    Not sure the jack 'spring' device used for strain relief  is necessary, already seeing some separation on the coils.
    The shirt clip will eventually damage the cord - I've seen better ways to attach the clip than used by the MA750s.
    The single tip silicon ear buds are damn hard to get on but the double flange ones are too easy and have come off once or twice in ear.
    The internal plastic packaging really lets them down and in fact, the plastic used to wrap the cables had damaged the cables slightly due to sharp edges of the plastic.

User Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!