nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. tomscy2000
    Added Pictures! (2013/11/15)
    tomscy2000, Nov 15, 2013
  2. bobeau
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Thanks so much for this detailed review!  Unfortunate about the OI as I would probably snag it in a heartbeat otherwise... have a JH Roxanne on the way - 15ohms/119db.  May have to wait on impressions with it first.   Have you had a chance to listen to the Theorem 720?  nput Sensitivity: 119dB @ 1mWImpedance: 15 Ohms
  3. bobeau
    Thanks so much for this detailed review!  Unfortunate about the OI as I would probably snag it in a heartbeat otherwise... have a JH Roxanne on the way - 15ohms/119db.  May have to wait on impressions with it first.  Also the Herus is on my radar, but going that route I'll hold off to see how the Geek Out fares.   Have you had a chance to listen to the Theorem 720?
  4. tomscy2000
    The output impedance shouldn't be a huge issue, honestly. It'd be nice to have something <1 ohm, but 2 ohm isn't a deal breaker. Quoting impedance at 1 kHz isn't going to tell anyone much about the overall impedance curve of multi-driver IEMs. I would start to worry if the impedance of the Roxanne somehow drops to 5 ohm or so (a little low, even for BA drivers) at any point, but above that, it'd *should* be okay with the Concero HP. Also, depending on the polarity and electrical phase of the response, it'd be difficult to tell how the FR is affect from a lowered damping factor.   Here's the real reason why I wouldn't worry about the OI of the Concero HP with the Roxanne, however: Jerry Harvey has people listen to it with the AK120, which has 2-3 ohm of OI --- basically identical to the Concero HP. If Jerry Harvey is okay with it, then I *assume* you should be?
  5. tomscy2000
    No idea about the Theorem 720, unfortunately.
  6. bobeau
    Fantastic point.  For some reason I thought the 120 was lower than that, but I do see it is rated at 3.     Alright, I'll think about it a bit more, but this is most likely a buy.  Between John Grando/Darko and this review are all incredibly gushing for something of this size, form factor and cost.  I can 'treat' my TG!334s to a nice sonic upgrade during these couple months waiting for my Roxanne to arrive...
  7. tomscy2000
    It's compelling reasoning, isn't it? Most of the measurements of the AK120 come off a DScope III, so there may be differences between it and the AP SYS2722 that Resonessence uses, but the general consensus is that the SYS2722 is [i]the[/i] benchmark for audio test equipment. Resonessence doesn't seem to be the type of company to try to bend the truth on their measurements, either, so 2.2 ohms of OI should be quite accurate.   Didn't DARko write a little about the AK120 compared to the HP, in bits and pieces across several different articles, at least? Mind you, the TO GO! 334 [i]will[/i] be able to pick up hiss on the HP (one of the few IEMs that does), but it's negligible. The 334 picks up hiss on just about everything I've ever used; I didn't do a comparison, but the hiss generated by HP is probably one of the lowest I've ever encountered, in any form factor, and definitely the lowest via USB power by far.   Of course, I think there are other units out there that can give you better cost-to-performance ratio, but nothing comes in this kind of form factor, and in that solid feeling a chassis. If you have the budget for the HP, I don't think you'd be disappointed in the least bit.
  8. bobeau
    And with this I have been pushed over the edge, have one incoming, should arrive by the end of next week. :)  All very valid points - and Darko did, but I was just concerned about it specifically with the Roxannes.   This is for a rMBP rig that spends equal amounts of time on my desk and in cafes, so portability is crucial.  I was actually hoping for something more like the Herus form factor, but my impression is this is a couple notches up.  The $$ isn't as much of an issue as convenience.
    bobeau, Dec 13, 2013